Law of Attraction/The Secret

vlucious

Maybe I'm missing something but I just don't get why a Christian would want to "study" and "practice" something that perverts and twists God's word. :nono: Is God not enough anymore?

their whole process is mixed up, when jesus died on the cross the curtain of the temple was torn in two, symbolizing that we no longer need a middle man to go to god, we dont need to be a priest to talk one on one with God. and i suppose, to them this is i guess, a form of a "middle man" that was destroyed when jesus died. this is a tool they use to get closer to god, but in reality all they need is a bible, time to pray and the desire in their hearts to serve god, and all these things they desire will come, God said to solomon when he asked for a discerning heart and not death of enemies, wealth, etc...: "Moreover, I will give you what you have not asked for—both riches and honor—so that in your lifetime you will have no equal among kings." we can apply that to our everyday life. if we just ask god (not the universe or some dry erase board) for things that he sees as pure and righteous, then these things will come.

vlucious

eta, to amerika, maybe its not that god isnt enough, maybe its them, they think that they arent enough, so they need to seek other avenues in order to get what they want. (???)

kbragg

Maybe I'm missing something but I just don't get why a Christian would want to "study" and "practice" something that perverts and twists God's word. :nono: Is God not enough anymore?

Don't know if this is directed toward me, but I don'tr "study" or "practice" anything perverted:rolleyes:

http://www.squidoo.com/thesecretmoviechristianresponse

I am not defending the Secret nor the LOA just stating that all it is is a bootleg of the real thing, don't know how that makes me a "christian" and not just a Christian without the condecending quotes:rolleyes:

Also the LOA varies from teacher to teacher. You got the woo woo group that thinki it's all about thoughts but there are other Spiritual Laws. The "Law Of Attraction" is just one. Leslie Householder (www.thoughtsalive.com) discusses that in her Hidden Treasures book. Many say "ask Belive & Receive" but lets not forget "ask, Seek & Knock. James Ray one of the dudes in the movie for example is not into the mysticism that Rhonda Burne is and neither is Bob Proctor.

Anywho, just was adding my perspective sorry if ya'll think I'm now a "christian.":rolleyes:

Ramya

Don't know if this is directed toward me, but I don'tr "study" or "practice" anything perverted:rolleyes:

http://www.squidoo.com/thesecretmoviechristianresponse

I am not defending the Secret nor the LOA just stating that all it is is a bootleg of the real thing, don't know how that makes me a "christian" and not just a Christian without the condecending quotes:rolleyes:

Also the LOA varies from teacher to teacher. You got the woo woo group that thinki it's all about thoughts but there are other Spiritual Laws. The "Law Of Attraction" is just one. Leslie Householder (www.thoughtsalive.com) discusses that in her Hidden Treasures book. Many say "ask Belive & Receive" but lets not forget "ask, Seek & Knock. James Ray one of the dudes in the movie for example is not into the mysticism that Rhonda Burne is and neither is Bob Proctor.

Anywho, just was adding my perspective sorry if ya'll think I'm now a "christian.":rolleyes:

I was not referring to you or any of your posts. It just is beyond my understanding as to why a Christian would study these things and that's all that was meant by my post. I don't know anything about you or your walk and I certainly was not trying to imply that you or anyone else was less of a Christian :nono:.

kbragg

I was not referring to you or any of your posts. It just is beyond my understanding as to why a Christian would study these things and that's all that was meant by my post. I don't know anything about you or your walk and I certainly was not trying to imply that you or anyone else was less of a Christian :nono:.

Cool beans:grin: Oh and my :rolleyes: wasn't directed toward you, that's just my general feeling about the phrase proceeding :rolleyes: Plus I think he's really cool:rolleyes::lachen:

Crystalicequeen123

Wow...after reading most of this thread, I think I'm going to throw away that book "The Secret" that I have. :nono:

I don't even know why I bought it! The DVD was interesting....I'll admit. But while watching it I got a weird vibe. :look: Some of it's teachings (although some of it good like positive thinking, etc) totally went against what I have learned in the bible, and what I know about God, etc. It just didn't "feel" right. Still...I bought the book. :rolleyes:

I've read the whole book, and while I won't condemn it...I will say that this book can be VERY DANGEROUS especially for us who are Christians. The book, the DVD, and the whole LOA or "The Secret" principle seems to advocate some type of Self-serving, Self-focusing SELFISH form of attaining material things in one's life. It almost makes the individual into some sort of "god". :rolleyes: I didn't like that at all. I can see how people can get wrapped into thinking that they are all-powerful and can "control" their destiny as they say. I can see how this can be very dangerous thinking.

I am still an advocate of "Positive Thinking", but my main focus will be on God and improving my relationship with HIM, so that he can bring me whatever it is that he sees beneficial for myself. I know he will always bring GOOD things into my life. :yep:

So yea....I think I'm going to throw away that book. :ohwell:

momi

Wow...after reading most of this thread, I think I'm going to throw away that book "The Secret" that I have. :nono:

I don't even know why I bought it! The DVD was interesting....I'll admit. But while watching it I got a weird vibe. :look: Some of it's teachings (although some of it good like positive thinking, etc) totally went against what I have learned in the bible, and what I know about God, etc. It just didn't "feel" right. Still...I bought the book. :rolleyes:

I've read the whole book, and while I won't condemn it...I will say that this book can be VERY DANGEROUS especially for us who are Christians. The book, the DVD, and the whole LOA or "The Secret" principle seems to advocate some type of Self-serving, Self-focusing SELFISH form of attaining material things in one's life. It almost makes the individual into some sort of "god". :rolleyes: I didn't like that at all. I can see how people can get wrapped into thinking that they are all-powerful and can "control" their destiny as they say. I can see how this can be very dangerous thinking.

I am still an advocate of "Positive Thinking", but my main focus will be on God and improving my relationship with HIM, so that he can bring me whatever it is that he sees beneficial for myself. I know he will always bring GOOD things into my life. :yep:

So yea....I think I'm going to throw away that book. :ohwell:

Sounds like a great move to me ... :yep:

moonglowdiva

It is amazing how things can get lost in translation. As for the LOA thingamawho. I do believe that it is satanic. I don't dabble in telepathic perception, ouiga(sp) board, etc. I do believe that it was derived from such tactic. I trust God. Period. Let God's will be done. I am not going to quote scripture to prove a point because they've already been quoted. Be careful because when you use LOA etc you open up the something in the spiritual realm that could be veryh evil. Now if you want to do LOA have at it. I pray that the Lord Jesus Christ have mercy on your souls.

moonglowdiva

I have read most of these post and I am scared!!!!!! The devil is clever. I don't believe some of the stuff I am reading. My God, my God!!!!:blush:

Aggie

I have read most of these post and I am scared!!!!!! The devil is clever. I don't believe some of the stuff I am reading. My God, my God!!!!:blush:

I feel you MGD, but there is absolutely no need to fear for greater is He (GOD, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) that is in you than he that is in the world. Praise be to God.

Amazing, this thread got resurrected in one year:yep:.

CurlyGirl1996

And THAT RIGHT THERE is the root of the enemy's seductive tactics....

Just like when the serpent approached Eve in the garden, he didn't tell Eve the (WHOLE) TRUTH about what would happen if she ate of the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. And how could the serpent/the devil tell the truth? HE CAN'T! he's the FATHER OF LIES!!!!

Genesis 3:1-7 (Amplified Bible)
1NOW THE serpent was more subtle and crafty than any living creature of the field which the Lord God had made. And he [Satan] said to the woman, Can it really be that God has said, You shall not eat from every tree of the garden?(A)

2And the woman said to the serpent, We may eat the fruit from the trees of the garden,

3Except the fruit from the tree which is in the middle of the garden. God has said, You shall not eat of it, neither shall you touch it, lest you die.

4But the serpent said to the woman, You shall not surely die,(B)

5For God knows that in the day you eat of it your eyes will be opened, AND YOU WILL BE LIKE GOD (see the big red flag there?:wallbash:), knowing the difference between good and evil and blessing and calamity.

6And when the woman saw that the tree was good (suitable, pleasant) for food and that it was delightful to look at, and a tree to be desired in order to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate; and she gave some also to her husband, and he ate.
7Then the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves apronlike girdles.
Well, we know what happened to Adam and Eve after they ate of that fruit. They did die: A SPIRITUAL DEATH.

LOA sounds attractive but it's not the whole truth, esp. for the Bible-believing Christian. It removes the Lordship of the Lord God Almighty and puts ALL THE OWNERSHIP of life on the person who walks in that vein. And because the Lord is a GENTLEMAN, a gentle, kind Savior, He is NOT going to push His way into anyone's life. He gave us free will so we will FREELY CHOOSE to submit to Him. Every single Christian should RUN in the opposite direction from anything that ignores or tries to replace the Lordship of the Lord God Almighty with something else, even if that something else is YOU.

We need to stop doing "us" as LOA says and start saying and doing the WORD OF GOD!

I'm passionate about this 'cause I almost got seduced into this and I cannot stand liars!

Amen Sister Amen!

Sosa

Bumping for those who need it!

Will share my experience when I'm through reading this thread :yep:.

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
Whoever wants deeper understanding, please Google search Watchman Nee's "The Latent Power of the Soul" and also "The Dangers of Soulish Life".

In fact, here's a direct link to the first one. It's not very long and is very helpful:
http://www3.telus.net/trbrooks/LatentPowerofSoul.pdf

It's table of contents include:
I. The Latent Power of the Soul
II. The Christian and Psychic Force
III. Spirit Force v. Psychic Force

Essentially, there are many things that we can accomplish in our own power. In the book of Exodus Jannes and Jambres were able to do their own miracles outside of God. Jesus told us that when the antichrist comes, he'll do great things as well--but the question is where the power is coming from. Even if it's natural, that doesn't mean it's okay. It took me a long time to get that because I would consider myself a very intuitive-type person open to these types of things. But it all has to be laid down.

Last edited:

Crown

LOA is a perversion!

The biblical principle is found in :

Mark 11 : 24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.25 And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.

This is VERY serious for your soul : DON’T go there!

Acts 7.42 Then God turned, and gave them up to worship the host of heaven

Universe is NOT GOD (YHWH).

Ex. 20.2 I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. 20.3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

Deut. 4.19 And lest thou lift up thine eyes unto heaven, and when thou seest the sun, and the moon, and the stars, even all the host of heaven, shouldest be driven to worship them, and serve them, which the LORD thy God hath divided unto all nations under the whole heaven. 4.20 But the LORD hath taken you, and brought you forth out of the iron furnace, even out of Egypt, to be unto him a people of inheritance, as ye are this day.

Universe is a part of the creation of GOD. You can’t equal universe and GOD (Yahweh)!

Deut. 17.2 If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant, 17.3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded

Rom. 1.21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 1.22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, 1.23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. 1.24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: 1.25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Sop. 1.2 I will utterly consume all things from off the land, saith the LORD. 1.3 I will consume man and beast; I will consume the fowls of the heaven, and the fishes of the sea, and the stumblingblocks with the wicked: and I will cut off man from off the land, saith the LORD. 1.4 I will also stretch out mine hand upon Judah, and upon all the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and I will cut off the remnant of Baal from this place, and the name of the Chemarims with the priests; 1.5 And them that worship the host of heaven upon the housetops; and them that worship and that swear by the LORD, and that swear by Malcham; 1.6 And them that are turned back from the LORD; and those that have not sought the LORD, nor enquired for him.

Deut. 6.12 Then beware lest thou forget the LORD, which brought thee forth out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage. 6.13 Thou shalt fear the LORD thy God, and serve him, and shalt swear by his name. 6.14 Ye shall not go after other gods, of the gods of the people which are round about you; 6.15 (For the LORD thy God is a jealous God among you) lest the anger of the LORD thy God be kindled against thee, and destroy thee from off the face of the earth.

Ja. 4 : 1 What causes fights and quarrels among you? Don’t they come from your desires that battle within you? 2 You desire but do not have, so you kill. You covet but you cannot get what you want, so you quarrel and fight. You do not have because you do not ask God. 3 When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.

Last edited:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
LAO is a perversion!

The biblical principle is found in :

Mark 11 : 24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.25 And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.

This is VERY serious for your soul : DON’T go there!

Acts 7.42 Then God turned, and gave them up to worship the host of heaven

Universe is NOT GOD (YHWH).

Ex. 20.2 I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. 20.3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

Deut. 4.19 And lest thou lift up thine eyes unto heaven, and when thou seest the sun, and the moon, and the stars, even all the host of heaven, shouldest be driven to worship them, and serve them, which the LORD thy God hath divided unto all nations under the whole heaven. 4.20 But the LORD hath taken you, and brought you forth out of the iron furnace, even out of Egypt, to be unto him a people of inheritance, as ye are this day.

Universe is a part of the creation of GOD. You can’t equal universe and GOD (Yahweh)!

Deut. 17.2 If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant, 17.3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded

Rom. 1.21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 1.22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, 1.23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. 1.24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: 1.25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Sop. 1.2 I will utterly consume all things from off the land, saith the LORD. 1.3 I will consume man and beast; I will consume the fowls of the heaven, and the fishes of the sea, and the stumblingblocks with the wicked: and I will cut off man from off the land, saith the LORD. 1.4 I will also stretch out mine hand upon Judah, and upon all the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and I will cut off the remnant of Baal from this place, and the name of the Chemarims with the priests; 1.5 And them that worship the host of heaven upon the housetops; and them that worship and that swear by the LORD, and that swear by Malcham; 1.6 And them that are turned back from the LORD; and those that have not sought the LORD, nor enquired for him.

Deut. 6.12 Then beware lest thou forget the LORD, which brought thee forth out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage. 6.13 Thou shalt fear the LORD thy God, and serve him, and shalt swear by his name. 6.14 Ye shall not go after other gods, of the gods of the people which are round about you; 6.15 (For the LORD thy God is a jealous God among you) lest the anger of the LORD thy God be kindled against thee, and destroy thee from off the face of the earth.

Ja. 4 : 1 What causes fights and quarrels among you? Don’t they come from your desires that battle within you? 2 You desire but do not have, so you kill. You covet but you cannot get what you want, so you quarrel and fight. You do not have because you do not ask God. 3 When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.
Crown your entire post is not only on point, but you are fearlessly taking a stand to honour God and His Authority. Good for you! :clap: Don't ever back down from taking a stand for God's righteousness. Not ever!

I've just about had it with Christians who are compromising the 'Faith' and God's Truth'. In the heat of the battle, they wither up and deny their stand for God.

The LOA means one thing to the world...

L eaving
O ut
A ll Mighty God

As a Believer and one who has the highest honour and respect for God and His Word, I know that there is only one LOA which is Jesus Christ, who is L-ord Of A-ll.

The world's LOA is for those who wish to have it their way without concience and conviction should their desires go against God's Word.

What the world has actually done is stolen God's principles and placing 'their' label upon it. They've plagerized God's dynamics and principles. And their God to whom they worship is called 'The Universe'. :huh: :nono: :nono:

Oh! and don't anyone be fooled by those who say they use LOA and still honour God.

Ummmmm..... :huh:

God does not play 'second fiddle' to anything nor anyone. We either trust Him wholely or not. Mixing LOA with God is called 'spritual adultery'. The Word of God speaks clearly about idols and false gods. God is not having it. :nono: It's either God or satan. Make a choice. There is no mix of the two.

Why would one contaminate their holy and precious gift of being a child of God with the vomit of the world?

Again and Again....There is no mix of the two. :nono:

One in true relationship with God, does not need LOA. It is a deterent to one's faith; it's weakens your faith and development to trust God.

The evidence of one's lack of trust in God is going elsewhere to have one's needs or desires met. One is saying, I don't have it together with God, so I'm here to do it the world's way. This is just sad. :nono: To lose your faith in vain for deceptive gain.

Last edited:

ixoyegodisgood

I don't know if I am interested in debating this or not, but you all do know that these preachers who are all wrapped up in sexual sin, idolatry (not just with money but with them as people), etc are using the LOA on all who follow them? If they weren't then how are Binny Hinn, Eddie Long Creflo Dollar...all of them still in business. I think you have to be very selective on what you believe and what you follow. I am a Christian. That no one can take from me. Jesus was the only one who spoke as he spoke. Buddha, Mohammad, Joseph Smith, NONE of them can make that claim of bringing peace and being GOD. Jesus told the disciples, "The power that is with me is also within you"....again why are we so limited? The biggest thing I use is the positive thinking and when I meditate, I meditate to GOD. I don't believe in meditating to the Unversise because the Universe did not create itself, so that is not something I do. If it doesn't feel right to you don't do it.

ETA: the power of positive thinking was written by a preacher I believe. He stressed the use of quiet time (meditation) and thinking about what you want (visulization) AGAIN, I agree what someone said up thread -- it is all about marketing when it comes the use of the 'Universe", but those Christians, like myself who do use LOA techniques are NEVER losing sight of the true source GOD/Jesus Christ/Holy Spirit. I am done second guessing myself. I trust that any thought that I have that is positive and moves me forward is from GOD. A lot of the LOA teachers lives are a mess (ie Wayne Dwyer) but with all people take what is useful and KIM.

Last edited:

AnjelLuvs

Wow I really need to be fellow shipping in this forum...subscribes...

So it is bad to think of LOA and the Secret... ummm... I thought that was positive... ok let me go back over thread, it my address my thoughts... :yep:

Last edited:

Crown

Who are saying don't use positive thinking?

Instead of giving recognition to the perversion (LOA),
stay with the source (ABBA FATHER)

The Bible commands us to be positive and have faith, not because of the universe or because I am powerful and I can have all that I want, but because of our Almighty Father.

Ph. 4: 4
Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.

Ph. 4: 11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

19 And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.
20 To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Mat. 6 :
32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I don't know if I am interested in debating this or not, but you all do know that these preachers who are all wrapped up in sexual sin, idolatry (not just with money but with them as people), etc are using the LOA on all who follow them? If they weren't then how are Binny Hinn, Eddie Long Creflo Dollar...all of them still in business. I think you have to be very selective on what you believe and what you follow. I am a Christian. That no one can take from me. Jesus was the only one who spoke as he spoke. Buddha, Mohammad, Joseph Smith, NONE of them can make that claim of bringing peace and being GOD. Jesus told the disciples, "The power that is with me is also within you"....again why are we so limited? The biggest thing I use is the positive thinking and when I meditate, I meditate to GOD. I don't believe in meditating to the Unversise because the Universe did not create itself, so that is not something I do. If it doesn't feel right to you don't do it.

ETA: the power of positive thinking was written by a preacher I believe. He stressed the use of quiet time (meditation) and thinking about what you want (visulization) AGAIN, I agree what someone said up thread -- it is all about marketing when it comes the use of the 'Universe", but those Christians, like myself who do use LOA techniques are NEVER losing sight of the true source GOD/Jesus Christ/Holy Spirit. I am done second guessing myself. I trust that any thought that I have that is positive and moves me forward is from GOD. A lot of the LOA teachers lives are a mess (ie Wayne Dwyer) but with all people take what is useful and KIM.

satan said to Jesus.... 'I will give you all of the kingdom if you would but bow down unto me..."

Jesus replied... "Get thee behind me satan'...

Jesus didn't practice LOA nor did He need to or even desire to. He knew who He was and for all that He wanted and needed ....... HE gave glory unto God the Father and Prayed.

In like manner, this is the power that Jesus speaks of that 'we' who depend upon God, have within us.

As Believers in God's Word, we do not resort to the world's substandards. Why? Jesus surely did not. He did not have to think positive. He was positive and those whose minds are stayed upon Jesus and His Word is the only positive truth that one needs.

Now, why do you think these named persons among others have messed up? Easy answer, God wasn't in what they are/were teaching. Plain and simple.

Jesus took nothing from the world, yet the world has taken and perverted that which is of Him. Including the named preachers and false teachers (Wayne Dryer -- he has several 'twists' in his teachings).

Therefore....Be not deceived. And not get it twisted by using what the world calls LOA to justify it's use by a Christian. God made it plain, let this not (evil practices) be named among you.

Are a Christian, live as one. Jesus did not resort to LOA. He did not compromised His relationship with God the Father. Otherwise His entire purpose upon earth would have been rendered null and void. The same principle an fact remains with those of us who say we are Chrisitans. We cannot mix the two... the worlds unbelief in God and that of a struggling Christian who is playing both sides.

God says, 'If you abide in me and my Word abides in you, than you can ask what you will and it shall be given..."

Beyond positive thinking, for the mind can be quite deceptive and thoughts are influenced quite negatively without a sole dependence upon God and His Word.

When one deals with LOA, they are clearly saying, God is not sufficient, He is not 'All' to me, I need something more.

Highly Favored8

ITA with the bolded..

Last edited:

Highly Favored8

Who are saying don't use positive thinking?

Instead of giving recognition to the perversion (LOA),
stay with the source (ABBA FATHER)

The Bible commands us to be positive and have faith, not because of the universe or because I am powerful and I can have all that I want, but because of our Almighty Father.

Ph. 4: 4
Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.

Ph. 4: 11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

19 And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.
20 To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Mat. 6 :
32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

and what about the ones who do keep Abba Father in that aspect.

Rainbow Dash

Do not be fooled by the enemy, He deceived the woman in the garden by telling her she could be like God. He himself wanted to exalt himself to be like the Most High. It failed. It is a trick. Our hope and faith is in Christ not in my own flesh.

Proverb 3:5-7
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; 6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths. 7 Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the LORD and depart from evil.

Matthew 15:24 - Then Jesus said to his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.

Matthew 15:26 - What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul?​

If you are looking for Peace, it is found in the Lord.

You will guard him and keep him in perfect and constant peace whose mind [both its inclination and its character] is stayed on You, because he commits himself to You, leans on You, and hopes confidently in You. Isaiah 3​

Peace I leave with you; My [own] peace I now give and bequeath to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. John 14

Highly Favored8

Oh yeah Dr. Cindy Trimm wrote a book called "Commanding your Morning" she was on the Paula White show talking about the Law of Attraction -LOA and not only that she actually broke it down. Dr. Cindy Trimm is a woman of God-

Norman Vincent Peale was a Minister- Goodness Pastor John Haggee
Did a good sermon about how he was very young in minstry and he and his wife were looking for home and how he prayed and had a "vision" "picture" posted up of the exact house that God blessed him with.

Does it make it right or wrong-whether these men/ women of God use it or not who am I to judge.JMHO

Last edited:

ixoyegodisgood

satan said to Jesus.... 'I will give you all of the kingdom if you would but bow down unto me..."

Jesus replied... "Get thee behind me satan'...

Jesus didn't practice LOA nor did He need to or even desire to. He knew who He was and for all that He wanted and needed ....... HE gave glory unto God the Father and Prayed.

In like manner, this is the power that Jesus speaks of that 'we' who depend upon God, have within us.

As Believers in God's Word, we do not resort to the world's substandards. Why? Jesus surely did not. He did not have to think positive. He was positive and those whose minds are stayed upon Jesus and His Word is the only positive truth that one needs.

Now, why do you think these named persons among others have messed up? Easy answer, God wasn't in what they are/were teaching. Plain and simple.

Jesus took nothing from the world, yet the world has taken and perverted that which is of Him. Including the named preachers and false teachers (Wayne Dryer -- he has several 'twists' in his teachings).

Therefore....Be not deceived. And not get it twisted by using what the world calls LOA to justify it's use by a Christian. God made it plain, let this not (evil practices) be named among you.

Are a Christian, live as one. Jesus did not resort to LOA. He did not compromised His relationship with God the Father. Otherwise His entire purpose upon earth would have been rendered null and void. The same principle an fact remains with those of us who say we are Chrisitans. We cannot mix the two... the worlds unbelief in God and that of a struggling Christian who is playing both sides.

God says, 'If you abide in me and my Word abides in you, than you can ask what you will and it shall be given..."

Beyond positive thinking, for the mind can be quite deceptive and thoughts are influenced quite negatively without a sole dependence upon God and His Word.

When one deals with LOA, they are clearly saying, God is not sufficient, He is not 'All' to me, I need something more.

GOD is sufficent when I turn down the noise I can finally LISTEN.

I look at this way, when I post about Christ among the LOA folks they get up and arms; when I post about LOA among Christians they get up in arms. That tells me I must be doing something right. Something is up with this LOA and Christianity. I am a Christian and believe Christ to be exactly who He said He was, and I do believe that when the bible was compiled some things were left out and it may concern being able to get exactly what you want out of life as long as it doesnt hurt you or anyone else or go against GODs word. I no longer feel I should be this punching bag for the world and it is amazing. I think a lot Christians need to study it (LOA) -- good and the bad because I think this will be used my some sort of anti christ figure (as was mentioned earlier in this thread). Because, as evident by that thread, many Christians are falling prey to the LOA (via media, government, etc) and they don't even know it. Heh, the same people who are up in arms about LOA are the first people to be pro-gay, choice, worshiping each other with these excessive e-high-fives etc. etc. life is all in how you see it, I guess.

Rainbow Dash

And THAT RIGHT THERE is the root of the enemy's seductive tactics....

LOA sounds attractive but it's not the whole truth, esp. for the Bible-believing Christian. It removes the Lordship of the Lord God Almighty and puts ALL THE OWNERSHIP of life on the person who walks in that vein. And because the Lord is a GENTLEMAN, a gentle, kind Savior, He is NOT going to push His way into anyone's life. He gave us free will so we will FREELY CHOOSE to submit to Him. Every single Christian should RUN in the opposite direction from anything that ignores or tries to replace the Lordship of the Lord God Almighty with something else, even if that something else is YOU.

We need to stop doing "us" as LOA says and start saying and doing the WORD OF GOD!

I'm passionate about this 'cause I almost got seduced into this and I cannot stand liars!

^^^ I agree!! It removes the Lordship of the Lord. God is not following us, we are to follow Him.

Crown

and what about the ones who do keep Abba Father in that aspect.

Ex. 32 : 21 He said to Aaron, “What did these people do to you, that you led them into such great sin? 22 “Do not be angry, my lord,” Aaron answered. “You know how prone these people are to evil. 23 They said to me, ‘Make us gods who will go before us. As for this fellow Moses who brought us up out of Egypt, we don’t know what has happened to him.’ 24 So I told them, ‘Whoever has any gold jewelry, take it off.’ Then they gave me the gold, and I threw it into the fire, and out came this calf!”
25 Moses saw that the people were running wild and that Aaron had let them get out of control and so become a laughingstock to their enemies. 26 So he stood at the entrance to the camp and said, “Whoever is for the LORD, come to me.” And all the Levites rallied to him.

1Sam. 16 : 7 But the LORD said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.”

Jos. 24 : 15 But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.”

Mat. 6 : 24 “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.

My answer : let the Holy Spirit be true.

Rainbow Dash

GOD is sufficent when I turn down the noise I can finally LISTEN.

I look at this way, when I post about Christ among the LOA folks they get up and arms; when I post about LOA among Christians they get up in arms. That tells me I must be doing something right. Something is up with this LOA and Christianity. I am a Christian and believe Christ to be exactly who He said He was, and I do believe that when the bible was compiled some things were left out and it may concern being able to get exactly what you want out of life as long as it doesnt hurt you or anyone else or go against GODs word. I no longer feel I should be this punching bag for the world and it is amazing. I think a lot Christians need to study it (LOA) -- good and the bad because I think this will be used my some sort of anti christ figure (as was mentioned earlier in this thread). Because, as evident by that thread, many Christians are falling prey to the LOA (via media, government, etc) and they don't even know it. Heh, the same people who are up in arms about LOA are the first people to be pro-gay, choice, worshiping each other with these excessive e-high-fives etc. etc. life is all in how you see it, I guess.

^^ What you are doing is mixing light with darkness. The world does not want Christ. The fact that they don't want Christ should tell you something. The true Christians do not want what the world has to offer. If someone is falling prey, pray for them and tell them the truth. It should not be used to justify LOA.

You cannot serve two masters. You will either hate the one and love the other.

Last edited: