Length Definitions...All Are Welcome To Answer (Especially the MBL and beyond ladies)

Where Do You Fall?

• Other (Please Explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Janet'

Hi Ladies,

As I am gearing up for next year's length challenges, I just want to make sure that I have the lengths correct...

I know that SL is physically touching your shoulder. Collar Bone Length (CBL) is just that (and some call that full SL). I know what BSL is and I know that BSB is Below Shoulder Blade and some say that is a more accurate measurement as opposed to BSL...

Midback Length (MBL) looks like its at the bottom of one's brastrap hairlengthchart.jpg so, I guess I know what MBL means.

Although, I can see on the chart where WL, HL, and TBL are- on my body I get confused. I guess I think of my waist, not as where my "natural" waist falls, but rather, where I button my belt (as long as I am not wearing hip huggers) and that would put my WL lower than the chart. For me, on my body, it seems like HL and TBL are only a couple of inches apart. Can anyone provide me with some practical real world info on the longer lengths, please. I want to make sure that I am correctly claiming--yes, I am proactive, lol...:spinning:

Also, please vote in the poll...I'm interested to see if my body is the only one out of wack...:rolleyes:

MsBoinglicious

Re: Length Definitions...All Are Welcome To Answer (Especially the MBL and beyond lad

Yes that chart is really good, which is why you see it EVERYWHERE lol. My body falls in line with it. Waist length (in the back of my body) falls right where my belly button is (in the front of body). Just like on the chart.

To find your waist just follow your belly button around to your back. lol ...right? lol

LunadeMiel

Re: Length Definitions...All Are Welcome To Answer (Especially the MBL and beyond lad

On my body when judging from the front MBL is right at my nipples (I'm part of the IBTC and they sit up high :look:) from the back it's at the bottom of my bra strap. My waist is only 3" from MBL (I count from the narrowest point of my torso). I think this chart is a good guide.

casey3035

I think the chart is on point. On me I think right below my Thick low wearing bra is MBL.

Janet'

...Maybe it is just me then...:look:

Janet'

:bump: :bump: :bump:

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched

The chart seems accurate for me. I have used it to measure all my lengths so far.

Spring

If you feel from the sides of your body towards the rear, waist is suppose to be under your last rib. Tailbone I believe is the bottom of your tailbone opposed to the top of the bum smile (which a lot of people confuse that area to be tbl). So overall I think the chart is pretty good

Last edited:

Nonie

I created my own chart because that chart's HL (hip length) isn't in accordance to what I think of hip length. That chart's hip length point is actually hip-bone length to me. Hip length to me is where hips are located--at the level of your butt. Tailbone is a right where the tailbone is (around where your butt crack starts).

MBL is just that mid-back length. So depending on where the halfway point on your back is, it could be at BSL for those who wear their bra low or below BSL. WL is where the waist is, otherwise it would be called pants' waist length, but as long as we're referring to parts of the body, then waist is where the waist is, ie the narrowest part of my torso.

I do not like the BSL measurements because it can vary from day to day depending on the bra I'm wearing and whether I'm wearing it correctly or not:

To me each length name should correspond to the body part it's referring to so I designed my own chart:

Key:
NL = neck length; SL = shoulder length; CBL = collarbone length; APL = armpit length; BSB = below shoulder blades; MBL = midback length; WL = waist length; HBL = hipbone length; BL = butt length; MTL = mid-thigh length; KL = knee length; MCL = mid-calf length; AL = ankle length; then I added FL (floor length, even though it's not a body part just coz I'd drawn the line and didn't feel like coloring it out).

Last edited:

FearfullyMade

Hey Nonie, I like your chart along with the OP's :)

brittanynic16

I always thought of MBL as half way between BSB and WL.

ms.blue

@Nonie,

Your chart makes perfect sense. Where is the thanks button when you need one?

iri9109

I created my own chart because that chart's HL (hip length) isn't in accordance to what I think of hip length. That chart's hip length point is actually hip-bone length to me. Hip length to me is where hips are located--at the level of your butt. Tailbone is a right where the tailbone is (around where your butt crack starts).

MBL is just that mid-back length. So depending on where the halfway point on your back is, it could be at BSL for those who wear their bra low or below BSL. WL is where the waist is, otherwise it would be called pants' waist length, but as long as we're referring to parts of the body, then waist is where the waist is, ie the narrowest part of my torso.

I do not like the BSL measurements because it can vary from day to day depending on the bra I'm wearing and whether I'm wearing it correctly or not:

To me each length name should correspond to the body part it's referring to so I designed my own chart:

Key:
NL = neck length; SL = shoulder length; CBL = collarbone length; APL = armpit length; BSB = below shoulder blades; MBL = midback length; WL = waist length; HBL = hipbone length; BL = butt length; MTL = mid-thigh length; KL = knee length; MCL = mid-calf length; AL = ankle length; then I added FL (floor length, even though it's not a body part just coz I'd drawn the line and didn't feel like coloring it out).

you are so thorough:grin:

Nonie

I always thought of MBL as half way between BSB and WL.

I think it depends on the person's anatomy but can't be taken as a general rule, that is if we are taking the terms literally MID-BACK being middle point of one's back.

Janet'

@Nonie...and this is what I'm talking about. I think that your chart is more accurate. I think that BSL is much more SUBJECTIVE, which is why I use BSB...But where I really get confused is WL, HL, and TBL...I think my body corresponds more to your chart than the one that I posted!

PJaye

I can never get these charts and measurements to align with my rather...Rubenesque body.:lol:

Janet'

@PJaye, I like that term: Rubenesque!

MsKibibi

Great chart Nonie. I actually LOL when I saw the diagram of a low brastrap. I wear my bra low, so for me I always seem to skip over MBL and just go from BSL to WL.

casey3035

Nonie,
Great chart! just did my reveal (video) in the MBL 2010 challenge.According to your chart I made MBL(I think)-according to the standard chart BSL!!! IDK:perplexed

Last edited:

jerseygurl

Not a new member

Nonie great info as usual, always on point. A lot of times I notice that people's hairs and their claims do not necessarily correspond especially when it's below BSL.

Janet'

I know guys! And I wanna be right!!!

BillsBackerz67

Nonie those 3 naked skeletons made me giggle :lol:

Janet'

^^^I think that you are right on with that understanding, but I think where confusion comes in is that some people think that MBL is in between BSL (as opposed to BSB) and WL and so because (as Nonie's diagram so nicely shows) some people wear their bra high and others low- it makes some people question MBL.

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston

I think it depends on the person's anatomy but can't be taken as a general rule, that is if we are taking the terms literally MID-BACK being middle point of one's back.

:up: :up: :up: :yep:

halee_J

Don't worry be happy

Key:

I really like this chart, excellent post Nonie.

NikkiQ

My proportions are sightly off compared to the chart :ohwell:

SL to APL looks like they're a mile apart...tragic. But everything else is within 2-3" from each other.

(pic is at 10 weeks post. I will be 30 weeks tomorrow)

Attachments

• growth%20chart.JPG
    growth%20chart.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Nonie

Nonie those 3 naked skeletons made me giggle :lol:

:giggle: I made another one that has a "dressed skeleton"... :p

My proportions are sightly off compared to the chart :ohwell:

SL to APL looks like they're a mile apart...tragic. But everything else is within 2-3" from each other.

(pic is at 10 weeks post. I will be 30 weeks tomorrow)

Actually the chart isn't meant to show the true distance between those body parts since people's bodies vary. So all those lengths may be unique to each person. But distance between your SL and APL being greater than the others isn't unusual at all:

belldandy

i guess i follow the chart more or less. I explained how my dimensions are off in my fotki. but i guess when u reach a certain point in ur hair journey it just becomes less important. i guess its not as technical for me anymore *_* its all relative anyhow :)

Janet'

@belldandy- You are so right about it being relative anyway!!! I guess because I am in all these upcoming challenges for next year- MBL, WL, HL <==?That one right there :lachen:...Anyhoo, I just want to make sure that my consensus is the general consensus...