Loc Endz "?????"

Hello to You...I have a question for my fellow Loc people on here and if anyone else can help a sista out feel free to share...Recently I changed my 9+Yrs of Loc regimen to oils only...

Starting to notice my ends more...some of them are loosing up are not tight like the others...

sorry for the blurriness but I was trying to do a close up so you can see what I am talking about...the 3rd loc from the left see how tight it is and the others are loose and doing their on thing...

Herez another pic to see a lil more clear but not as close.

Do anyone else have this going on too or is this just something normal that comes with the all natural deal?

I did clip my endz a few weeks ago just to see if they will do the same thing and loosen up...so, far their still tight and on point.

goldielocs

I've noticed that with mine as well. I've come to the conclusion it may have to do with the type of conditioner used. My hair tends to do that when I use the detangling conditioner. It's for my daughter but if I run out of mine and haven't gotten to the store then I do use it.

Plus, switching up to oils only allows the loc to loosen up too. Build up from other products are washing away so there may be some unraveling at the ends. My hair is a lot softer now than when I used shea butter or bee's wax.

I switched to oil/ aloe vera gel a few years back and have noticed that over time my locs tighten more, but that took over a year. In the mean time, I kept them in a loose bun to keep my clothes from rubbing against them and kept them oiled up with coconut oil.

Hope this helps...
Hello to You...I have a question for my fellow Loc people on here and if anyone else can help a sista out feel free to share...Recently I changed my 9+Yrs of Loc regimen to oils only...

Starting to notice my ends more...some of them are loosing up are not tight like the others...

sorry for the blurriness but I was trying to do a close up so you can see what I am talking about...the 3rd loc from the left see how tight it is and the others are loose and doing their on thing...

Herez another pic to see a lil more clear but not as close.

Do anyone else have this going on too or is this just something normal that comes with the all natural deal?

I did clip my endz a few weeks ago just to see if they will do the same thing and loosen up...so, far their still tight and on point.

Thanks a lot GoldieLocs...Wow I never thought about the conditioner thing...just checked and that is what I am using now...Since I just ran out of the 'Paul Mitchell-TeaTree' that a fellow LocSista from Atlanta suggested...that was the best thing that ever happened to my Locs...

You know what I thought I was crazy when I noticed that mine actually move and blow a lot more since I only use oilz....when a breeze or a wind come thru...I thought I was going crazy:lachen:...I do get a lot more compliments on them now...I must say though I Love the Light flowing better than the heavy weighed down...

This really helped a lot Thanx for sharing...

I've noticed that with mine as well. I've come to the conclusion it may have to do with the type of conditioner used. My hair tends to do that when I use the detangling conditioner. It's for my daughter but if I run out of mine and haven't gotten to the store then I do use it.

Plus, switching up to oils only allows the loc to loosen up too. Build up from other products are washing away so there may be some unraveling at the ends. My hair is a lot softer now than when I used shea butter or bee's wax.

I switched to oil/ aloe vera gel a few years back and have noticed that over time my locs tighten more, but that took over a year. In the mean time, I kept them in a loose bun to keep my clothes from rubbing against them and kept them oiled up with coconut oil.

Hope this helps...

Last edited:

remilaku

I get the same thing. It comes from moisturizing alot. That is all. When I use alot of conditioner all the time, my hair gets like that.

:clapping: Thanx for sharing 'Remilaku'...I was really starting to worry...I thought that my 'matted' Locs were all gonna unravel on me....Good to know I am not the only one...
I get the same thing. It comes from moisturizing alot. That is all. When I use alot of conditioner all the time, my hair gets like that.

goldielocs

Remilaku, I have a question for you. What is your egg wash recipe? I've never used egg in my hair b/c I thought I'd have trouble rinsing it out. How do you to it?

Thanks