long hair growth

asummertyme

hello all i an a new member, and i am wondering how long did it take for ypu ladies with bra strap lenghth hair to achieve that length?
with our hair growing at a normal rate , i am at shoulder lenghth now and my goal is brastrap length.....2 yrs 3 amybe more..maybe some of you ladies have been growing your hair for years..i just started growing my hair out for the first time .....i normally kept a short style, and it has been 2 years for me thus far....
thnx
asummertyme

asummertyme

whoa that is fast...i must be doing alot of things wrong!! can you tell me what your hair care regime is, maybe i can steal a few from u if you dont mind..lol
asummertyme

inthepink

Shoulder-length to bra strap, I would think would take about a year to a year and a half. Probably closer to the year if you keep the ends moisturized and manage to retain all length. Also, it depends on how tall you are. The inches needed to go from shoulder length to bra strap are different for a 5'1" person compared to a 5'8" person. Keep that in mind, too! Good luck to ya!

Peachtree

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
Shoulder-length to bra strap, I would think would take about a year to a year and a half. Probably closer to the year if you keep the ends moisturized and manage to retain all length. Also, it depends on how tall you are. The inches needed to go from shoulder length to bra strap are different for a 5'1" person compared to a 5'8" person. Keep that in mind, too! Good luck to ya!

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly

skegeesmb

It took me thirteen months (well actually 12 because I had a maintenance cut in May) to go from Halle Berry boy cut to shoulderlength hair. Right now I am 5 inches away from bra-strap. So let's see I'm at 17 months. I have seven more months until I have 2 years.

I hope to retain at least 1 inch by December. So by May I should be within an inch of brastrap.

asummertyme

thnx for the welcom dont speak....wow if i knew then what i know now. i was really abusing my hair with the weaves , i lost alot of hair growth but it was because i have no patience, i would want instant hair growth and long hair so i would throw in a weave, wich would lead to breaking....i am mad at myself but , i will start from now....
asummertyme

BlkHoneyLuv2U

Hey Asummertyme and welcome, dont be so hard on yourself about the weave, most of us especially me is guilty of this. I'm just so glad that I found LHCF. Now I can concentrate on growing my own hair instead of wearing someone eles's for a change. I'm not bra strap yet, but I will be right now my hair is only six and one half inchec. But I'm not worried because with all the great information I've gotten from this board, I now have a better way of taking care of my hair. Dont worry, we'll get there too.
KEEP HOPE ALIVE!

Dutchess

Also keep in mind that everyone has individual growth cycles. But I understand that 6 inches a year is a realistic goal for just about anyone who takes care of their hair. So far, for myself - this has been the case. My hair is 22 inches long from crown to end (in back), my goal is 28 inches, which would put me at waist length. So by September 04 I hope to have that accomplished. You have so much good information availabler here to help you along the way.

asummertyme

true indeed ladies!! the info i find in this group in priceless, i mean i thought i new alot b4, but wow....the things i have learned since yesterday it is crazy...so glad i bumped into this forum....
aida

HotCoCoGurl130

[ QUOTE ]
Peachtree said:
[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess being short has its advantages!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
diamondchair3 said:
[ QUOTE ]
Peachtree said:
[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess being short has its advantages!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. Im a shorty. Not even 5 feet tall. Does this mean I'll reach my goal in less than a year? See now ya'll got me going

perfect peace

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Realistically, and including trims with great hair care along with a little cushion--I'd say 1.5 to 2 years. It also depends on your height and how long your neck is

asummertyme

well i am 5'11.....so maybe the full 2 years,
who knows....but i will just take it day by day and treat my hair with the upmost care.....
and thnx for all the welcomes.....
asummertyme

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Wow you're tall! I am too. So YOU GO GIRL! You will feel sooooooo great when you reach that hair goal and it will look SUPER DUPER long too with all of the height you have.

Tracy

It took me about 1.5 years - I'm almost at BS when completely straightened - about and inch and a half away if my eyeballing serves me correctly.

Because I want it to be BS when CURLY now I'd say I have yet another year to go - but it may be close by next summer!

A year and a half is a safe bet. I'm 5 feet tall.

asummertyme

1.5, yrs to grow out your hair.....is that from shoulder length? wow i hope that happens for me....i am going to try my hardest!!
asummertyme

DDHair

I was told once by a member that instead of height, the length can depend on your neck length, because even short people can have long necks and tall folks can have short necks. Uhm, it just seems that height would come more from the legs, unless you have a longer upper torso, even a torso that's proportianate to the legs shouldn't make a huge difference, but probably half the time, a taller person will have a longer neck (proportionate to their size), so I guess it all works out the same.

Jojoyar

Hello, (Kind of long post)

I am new to posting on this forum, and I really love the vibe that I get from this group. You are all so supportive of each other and welcoming to new members -- no matter what the question or topic may be.

Thanks DDhair for mentioning the length of the neck. I am pretty tall and a lot of my height comes from neck. When you mentioned that, it just dawned on me that the reason it is taking so long for my hair to actually get to brastap length is because my neck measures almost 5 inches. My hair is natural extremely thick 3c/4a and when pressed, it is a few inches beyond my shoulders in the back and past my collar bone in the front in long layers. When I straighten it, it looks to others like it is so long, but to me it is just average because I want it to get to bra-stap length. It will probably take at least year because I have a good 6 to 8 inches to go. But I have been following a lot of suggestions found on this board, and I hope that I will be able to retain the length and health of my hair.

You all are wonderful!!!!