Long-haired ladies- what kind of stories

diamondlady

do you have?
Here's mine . . .
A little while ago, a good friend of mine asked me what I used on my hair because it really seem to be growing. She said she really wanted to try to grow her hair but she doubted that she could ever have any hair because it had always been pretty short. She said it grew good when she had a curl but snapped right off when she got rid of the curl. She seemed sad and sincere. I told her that she just needed to take care of hair. I gave her a Cathy Howse book and some products to get her started. (Didn't share the LHCF secret with her, I thought I would see how she did with the book and products first.)

I noticed she kept bonding in hair, losing more and more hair. She had bald spots in the front on both sides.

Super Bowl Sunday, I wore my hair down which is very rare. I don't have very long hair, just shoulder length. I was at my friend's house, and one of the ladies there mentioned that she liked my hair. I thanked her and my friend just started laughing real hard. Everyone turned and looked at her. Maybe her friend thought she was laughing because my hair wasn't real, because she got up and while my head was turned, she put her hands in my hair. Then she asked my friend, "What's so funny?"

My friend then said, "You just don't know how much trouble she goes through with that hair, and she tried to get me on it too. I tried for about two weeks and that's all I could take."

I couldn't believe my friend was making fun of my hair care in front of a group of people that I really didn't know. She had seemed so sincere and I was only trying to help. I couldn't believe this lady I didn't know had the nerve to put her hands in my hair.

Now, like I said, my hair is not long. This makes me wonder what you long-haired ladies go through.

ummm wow, wouldnt she rather go thru a lot and have hair since she cant take care of the hair (or lack thereof) that she has now

thank gawd u didnt tell her about lhcf, shed never quit

she's foul
nono.gif
I would have asked for my book back.
laugh.gif

you should have fronted her out..."you didn't have to tell me you stopped after 2 weeks, your hair tells the story
laugh.gif
" <rolling eyes> i would have said it in just as humorous a way that she commented on you--like it was a big joke and said " could you even believe she had the nerve to try to grow hair in ALL those bald patches she has
laugh.gif
" she wouldve just grabbed her coat and left---then you could have yelled behind her, "girl, dont forget your hat...you know you need it
rofl.gif
" she isnt' a real friend anyway...so you get a good laugh AND you get her out of your life at the same time
wink.gif
i know, i know i'm mean...not usually but i hate when people try to make fun of folks. when they do that, all they do to me is put THEMSELVES under the microscope for scrutiny...and from the actions of your "friend"...she was ripe for the picking
wink.gif
---jainygirl

If my sister and I are together and someone compliments me on my hair or says, "Wow, Nay, your hair is long," my sister quickly announces: "It's a weave," even though my sister knows that I have NEVER had a weave in my life.

I've kind of shut her up now, though. If she says that, I just as quickly will say, "Cindy, you know I don't have a weave. You are just mad because you have dyed, fried, and destroyed your own hair." Then I look at the person who is with us and say, "She's just jealous."

Yeah, I noticed she is starting to not make the weave comment anymore
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
jainygirl said:
you should have fronted her out..."you didn't have to tell me you stopped after 2 weeks, your hair tells the story
laugh.gif
" <rolling eyes> i would have said it in just as humorous a way that she commented on you--like it was a big joke and said " could you even believe she had the nerve to try to grow hair in ALL those bald patches she has
laugh.gif
" she wouldve just grabbed her coat and left---then you could have yelled behind her, "girl, dont forget your hat...you know you need it
rofl.gif
" she isnt' a real friend anyway...so you get a good laugh AND you get her out of your life at the same time
wink.gif
i know, i know i'm mean...not usually but i hate when people try to make fun of folks. when they do that, all they do to me is put THEMSELVES under the microscope for scrutiny...and from the actions of your "friend"...she was ripe for the picking
wink.gif
---jainygirl

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, I am sooooo feeling this post. It would have been just what she deserved with her hatin behind!

Nay,
That's a good one. It sounds like something my sister would say. It's motivated by envy and it's ashame siblings are like that. I'm usually so shocked when someone comes up with something petty that I don't have a good come-back.

I know good and well that some of you other long-haired ladies must have some stories. People are so petty. I don't even have long hair and I get these little catty remarks. I figure you ladies who really have long hair must get that all the time. Maybe you are not surrounded by the kind of people I seem to be surrounded by.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm usually so shocked when someone comes up with something petty that I don't have a good come-back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too.
smile.gif
I think of something good after the fact, when everything's over. I guess I can't believe people, especially "friends" would stoop so low that it leaves me speechless. Diamondlady , I hope you got your book back!

Nay - you're hair is gorgeous. It's so sad when our own sibling or family member is catty and jealous. It means that person is very unhappy with herself.

I do believe there is something evil about jealousy and when it appears in a friend or family member, I still love them but I also pay attention because it can very well happen again in other kinds of situations, and it can turn ugly.

Thanks for the compliment, Isis. Yeah, I love my sister, but she's always been kind of competitive and petty. My mom told me that when my twin brother and I were about one, my sister, who is one and a half years older, tried to harm us with a fork!! I guess she's had a little "sibling rivalry" thing going from DAY 1
smile.gif

I have a kind of weird story. I have two friends, Nicole and Celena. Nicole is relaxed and Celena is natural. Nicole is always telling how pretty my hair looks and is always giving me compliments. Celena has never given me one. I even tried to help Celena when she asked for hair advice. I told her to wet her hair more often and when she did it looked great and I told her. But, of course, she didn't keep doing it and it is back looking dry. Anyway, I told Celena that I was going natural a while ago and she seemed a little unnerved and then changed the subject
confused.gif
. Well, lately Celena girl has been tripping for some reason unknown to me. She was been avoiding me like the plague. But, that is her problem not mine. Okay, so I am talking to Nicole the other day and I told her that I was going natural and she said "yeah I heard."
scratchchin.gif
hummmmmmm. Well, there is only one person who could have told her. The girl won't talk to me but she will talk to someone else about my hair. Do you guys smell that *sniffing*? No, take another whiff *sniffing*. Could it be...dare I say it...a...a..hater
angry2.gif
. But, that is okay. Nicole told me that she can picture me looking nice with natural. She is the only person that I have told that actually said something nice to me about it except you'll. I will have to tell her how much that means to me.

Sillygurl, Isis,

I did ask for my book back when no one was around and you know she wouldn't give it to me. She laughed and said, girl I don't know where that book is.

[ QUOTE ]
diamondlady said:
Sillygurl, Isis,

I did ask for my book back when no one was around and you know she wouldn't give it to me. She laughed and said, girl I don't know where that book is.

[/ QUOTE ]

What a *****!

It's okay brittanynic,

I tried to help her, I did the right thing. If I ever reach my hair goal, I wonder what kind of reaction I'll get from her then.

[ QUOTE ]
diamondlady said:
I was at my friend's house, and one of the ladies there mentioned that she liked my hair. I thanked her and my friend just started laughing real hard. Everyone turned and looked at her. Maybe her friend thought she was laughing because my hair wasn't real, because she got up and while my head was turned, she put her hands in my hair. Then she asked my friend, "What's so funny?"

My friend then said, "You just don't know how much trouble she goes through with that hair, and she tried to get me on it too. I tried for about two weeks and that's all I could take."

I couldn't believe my friend was making fun of my hair care in front of a group of people that I really didn't know. She had seemed so sincere and I was only trying to help. I couldn't believe this lady I didn't know had the nerve to put her hands in my hair.

Now, like I said, my hair is not long. This makes me wonder what you long-haired ladies go through.

[/ QUOTE ]

Diamondlady,
How awful
mad.gif
. I would've been blowing smoke. Here you go trying to help someone, and they try to make you look like a fool. I don't know if I could call her a friend.

[ QUOTE ]
diamondlady said:
It's okay brittanynic,

I tried to help her, I did the right thing. If I ever reach my hair goal, I wonder what kind of reaction I'll get from her then.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh hell no, your better than me lol
mad.gif

I have a hair story. My hair is past my shoulders, hopefully by summer I will reach my goal of bra strap. I have been wearing my hair in braid outs for a while. I ususally walk for lunch but decided to go to the employee room for lunch one day. There are not many black women at my job so I try to smile and say hello when I pass a sista.

Well on this day I was wearing a bun instead of my usual braid out. When walked into the lunch room one girl leans over to the other girl and says "See I told you that was a weave!" I stopped backed up and said "Excuse me?" The first girl said " I think you look better with the weave than without one" I just looked at her and her jacked up weave and laughed. I told her in my most polite voice "I would be happy to give you the number to my stylist, maybe she could fix yours." and walked out.

[ QUOTE ]
simplycee said:
"I would be happy to give you the number to my stylist, maybe she could fix yours." and walked out.

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

These Stories are too crazy !
laugh.gif
Hair envy can be a very nasty thing. Just take it as a compliment...I wouldn't get upset over it. You try to give people tips..and they look at you like you're nuts when you tell them your regimen. I guess there are so many myths out there about black hair care that have been pounded in to us that people don't have an open mind when trying out new things. Continue to do what you do and give advice anyway. Trust me...people suffering from severe cases of hair envy pretend they don't want to know what you're doing...but you know they do.

simplycee, I will never understand why some women care so much about a woman's hair being real or not. It's like they have to know to prove to themselves that their hair is better than that persons or something. Can we say self esteem issues? God forbid you tell those women you work with that it's your real hair...then they would be running over to touch it. It's actually pretty sad.
ohwell.gif

Diamond lady :The funny thing is that probably when you arent around your friend is bragging about you. "I have a friend who has beautiful hair and she takes such good care of it. She even gave me this book....."
You know how that goes.....

My hair is about 3-4 inches pass my shoulders and when I am not wearing a fall or my phony the women in my office will walk by and pull my hair. These are grown women. I will not touch any part of anyone without their permission. I always ask them why did they touch my hair and they always say I don't know, it was just hanging down. It's always women with short hair. I tried to share my regimen but I always get, what you wash you hair twice a week? I am in the south, the birthplace of washing our hair every 2 weeks or whenever. I am just going to keep my mouth shut.

Why don't you tell them Cleanliness is next to Godliness when then ask you why you wash your hair 2x a week. It shuts them up everytime.
rofl.gif

Cutebajangirl,

Even my stylist, excuse me my ex-stylist, asked we "Why do you wash your hair so much? That's not good for you hair, you'll wash away the natural oil". I told her I would buy more oil and put in it, besides I like clean hair.

Keep in mind I only go to her every 3-4 months for a retouch. On one occasion, she took credit for my hair growing after giving one piece of advice after another that I did not take.

Brickhouse,

Yes, I can believe grown women came by pulling your hair. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with stupid people around. I didn't know that if you wear braids or a phony pony most of the time, black people think you have NO HAIR. I get a lot of stupid comments the 3 or 4 times a year that I wear my hair down.

Back