Lotion on the hair?

daviine

I don't know why this intrigues me so much, but I would really like to try using lotiom on my hiar as a moisturizer. The lotions that I have in mind are from Aubrey Organics. I am especially interested in using the
Rosa Mosqueta Luxurious Hand and Body Lotion or even the Rosa Mosqueta Rose Hip Conditioning Cream. I looked at the ingredients of these products and thought they seem beneficial to hair. Check out the other lotions too.

I have also had my eye on the following items from www.mountainroseherbs.com.

Wild Rose Oil, Classic Facial Rose Oil, Vanilla and WildCraft Cream on this page.

I know these things are meant to be for the skin but I can't help thinking they'd be great on my hair.

sweetcocoa

I've heard of using the Rosa Mosqueta...I have some. But I haven't tried it yet. I used some in a mister bottle mixed with distilled water last summer and used it to moisturise my curls when they got dry.

UmSumayyah

I used some of a sample of The Bodyshop's shea butter on my hair, and I liked it. I just don't know that I'm gonna cough up $13 per jar (it's on sale right now.)

Jade21

Daviine,

You should definitely try this. I know several women who use lotion for hair moisturizing purposes...works extremely well for them.

The Rose Mosqueta is extremely rich. However, the richest lotion/body cream by Aubrey by far is the Honeysuckle Rose...it smells great, too. That 4oz bottle would last you for months.

If you would like to try the Rose Mosqueta lotion, please send me a PM. I have a bottle sitting in my cabinet. I've not been using lotions much due to the fact that I have so many oils.

With the Mountain Rose Herbs products, I am sure they are quite good, but SO costly. Email customer service to see if you can get some samples.

Much Love to you,

Jade

P.S. Mmmm, what did Sweetcocoa write below?

Jade21

Ready to have an oil fight with Sweetcocoa.....

Sweetcocoa,

I cannot believe you have not tried that Rose Mosqueta yet. Is that the bottle I sent out to you last summer? I want to ask you something: How many products do you have in your cabinet(s) at this point? Oils, everything
I am guessing you must have a real load, girl

Much Love,

Jade

P.S. I wanted to tell you I did a mix of straight avocado butter with jojoba oil and safflower oil w/some essentials and it was like the whipped butter recipes at Snowdrift Farm...just utterly divine!

sweetcocoa

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Jade21 said:
Ready to have an oil fight with Sweetcocoa.....

Sweetcocoa,

I cannot believe you have not tried that Rose Mosqueta yet. Is that the bottle I sent out to you last summer? I want to ask you something: How many products do you have in your cabinet(s) at this point? Oils, everything
I am guessing you must have a real load, girl

Much Love,

Jade

P.S. I wanted to tell you I did a mix of straight avocado butter with jojoba oil and safflower oil w/some essentials and it was like the whipped butter recipes at Snowdrift Farm...just utterly divine!

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl, my linen closet has 5 shelfs...I have to squeeze all my linen on one shelf.... The other 4 shelves hold my hair products.. lol..
They are so packed in there that everytime I open the door something falls out...lol.. The ones I can't fit in there are on my dresser. Yes I still have some of that lotion...but now I'm looking at the other one you mentioned...Honeysuckle Rose(?).....
Oh yea, I also have oils in my medicine cabinet.

beana3

i though i was the only one who was thinking about this....Sometimes lotions have better ingredients and/or similiar ingredients as many of our hair prods.

Ipanema

I use lotion to moisturize my hair on a regular basis. My favorite is Razac Hand &amp; Body lotion. It actually works better on my hair than on my body.

Honey Vibe

The Good Physician
I've heard of using lotion on the hair, but I was always afraid it would leave behind some sort of noticeable buildup. If you ladies have seen good results, perhaps I'll give it a whirl

But it's very important that we turn the bottle over and look at the ingredients

Madison

i have been using the msm lotion with added jojoba oil and a few other things in my hair for a long time now .my hair just loves it.

Madison

Honey Vibe said:
I've heard of using lotion on the hair, but I was always afraid it would leave behind some sort of noticeable buildup. If you ladies have seen good results, perhaps I'll give it a whirl

[/ QUOTE ]

Honey when i apply my lotion i do so with a little water . since doing that, i haven't had any build up

Ennyaa

You know I've wondered about this stuff everytime I buy my MSM at the Vitamin Shoppe. I see it on the shelf and I'm like HMMMM..... maybe I should just see. But then I leave it when I remind myself how many OTHER moisturizers I have at home. lol

lala

The ingredients in Aubrey Rose Mosqueta Hand/Body Lotion
are:

Glycerine &amp; Rosewater, Aubrey's Essential Fatty Acid Base, Organic Aloe Vera Gel*, Water, Sweet Almond Oil, Jojoba Oil, Rose Hip Seed Oil (Rosa Rubiginosa), Natural Vitamin E Oil, Macadamia Nut Oil, Geranium, Lavender, Orange Blossoms, St. John's Wort Oil, Panthenol (B-5), Allantoin, and Citrus Seed Extract with Vitamins A, C and E as a preservative.

I've read that Panthenol is said to stimulate cellular proliferation and definitely aids in tissue repair. Studies indicate that, when topically applied, panthenol penetrates the skin and is converted into pantothenic acid, a B complex vitamin. That is why it is called Pro-Vitamin B5. This action can influence the skin’s natural resources of pantothenic acid. Pantothenic acid is moisturizing and can restore hair growth and strengthen hair follicles.

Allantoin is used a folk remedy for healing wounds and mending bones. It is said to help obtain a soft and supple skin. No adverse effects have been report from its use.
We know what the other ingredients can do for us. So using the lotion couldn't hurt.

Maybe we'll wait for Daviine to report her results back to us. Huh, Daviine?

hairfanatic

I know these things are meant to be for the skin but I can't help thinking they'd be great on my hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I use lotion as a moisturizer all the time. I add a little more water and place it in a spray bottle. I use to use Aubrey's Rosa Mosquita but it was kind of thick so I switched to ZIA.

Zia's Moisture gel is awesome for this

Ingredients:

Deionized Water, Canola Oil, Sodium PCA, Glycerin, Lecithin, Shea Butter, Panthenol, Aloe Vera Gel, Carrageenan, Tocopheryl Acetate, Palmarosa Essential Oil, Geranium Essential Oil, Sandalwood Essential Oil, Ylang Ylang Essential Oil, Methylparaben, Proplyparaben, Grapefruite Seed Extract.

Armyqt

Hairfanatic, that Zia's stuff sounds really good. I like those ingredients. Where can I find some of this?