MANE N'TAIL?

tammiematthews

MANE N\'TAIL?

I bought some Mane and tail, before I joined the forum. I was using it primarily for my baby's hair, but after speaking with a stylist, I stopped using it (she said it was not good), but I'm not exactly sure why it's not good. /images/graemlins/confused.gif Anyhow, i used the conditioner (for the first time as a conditioning wash) last night on my hair, It felt really good to my scalp, /images/graemlins/grin.gif I've been having issues with scalp tightness and soreness lately /images/graemlins/frown.gif (dont know why) and yes, i've been massaging. So does anyone have any info on mane and tail? Am i using the right product? Open for suggestions.

KinksnCurlz

Re: MANE N\'TAIL?

an old friend of mine use to use the shampoo and conditioner... her hair is bra strap and she attributes it to the shampoo. I remember how her hair looked growing up and it's definately come a long way.

KAddy

I remember back in the day there was this big Mane N Tail uprising in the B-more area. My cousins and all her friends were raving at how wonderful it was. I tried it, but can't really remember what I thought of it.

KinksnCurlz

no prob... actually i used it to but i didn't get the hype so i stopped. this was in my teens, maybe if i would've kept at it i'd b ankle length by now /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

bronxchick

Candied Yam

I bought some after a friend raved about it, but it left my hair hard and tangled, so I stopped.

Browndilocks

Browndisha Brownie Sundae

I remember using it a few years ago. It worked well for me as a leave in before I blow dried. I stopped using it once I began roller setting and air drying more. From what I remember, it coats hair well.

naptrl

Dr. Naptrl :)

I heard that the shampoo makes the hair hard and strips it! I've never used it, though...

SouthernGirl

This was my staple back in the day, and I promise my hair was the longest it had ever been- below bra-strap! I used the shampoo, leave-in conditioner, and a little African Pride Hair grease, and it did WONDERS for my hair.

I tried using it earlier this year, and I just didn't like the way it made my hair feel. It definitely felt stronger, but it seemed to dry it out a lot. It also seemed to leave a film on my hair. I don't know how it worked so great back in the day, but I know others that swear by the stuff. Oh- I also used to use Creme of Nature as a second shampoo to help w/the tangles.

shebababy

The first few months of using it, it works great on my hair; but after a while it makes my hair really dry and hard

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made

My mom used Mane 'N Tail on my hair and my sister's hair when we were younger and before we ever had a relaxer. I know our hair was long and thick. Our mom stopped using it on our hair. I asked my mom why and she just said nothing was wrong with it, she just wanted to try a different product.

nfynit_812

I used to use Mane 'n Tail when I was a teenager...I used to get my wash and sets every week using the shampoo and conditioner and my hair was so healthy and thick! I stopped using it and starting experimenting with Pantene line, so I never went back to it. I never had any problems.

bajanplums1

I wonder if it has a lot of protein and that's why the hair got thicker and hard? The protein would probably stop breakage. hmmmm /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

miracle

Mane N' Tail is one of my "staple lines". I use the shampoo & conditioner, deep moisturizing shampoo & conditioner, carrot oil creme (my favorite), soy oil creme, detangler, dry oil hair & body spray and shine-on. All of their shampoos and cond's leave my hair very soft and silky. And their creme products don't build-up on my hair like some of the others I have used in the past.

pressncurl

I've used Mane n Tail for ages. The conditioner is one of my staples. I have the shampoo, but only use it if I've gotten a lot of buildup because it really cleans/strips the hair. There have been some periods of time over the years when I have stopped using it, but I've always returned. I've been using it regularly for the past 3-4 years. It makes my hair thicker and soft, not hard.

chanou

I used it in teh beginning of the year when my hair was breaking big time. It made my hair strong and full, My hair always looked so pretty after a roller set. I loved using the leave in conditioner. I wasn't too crazy about the shampoo. I stopped using it in may and subtituted with nexxus humectress......

kitchen_tician

I have the small sample bottles of the shampoo and conditioner. I used them when I was on the "Stinky Challenge" because it was the only thing that really cleaned my hair and removed the smell.

They both seemed to work well on me, but now, I just use them on my doggie, in between his visits to the groomers. /images/graemlins/drunk.gif He seems to really love it and his hair has a nice shine and coat to it. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Here he is: My Baby

Champagne_Wishes

A broke graduate

You know I still have the shampoo and conditioner that I bought like 5 years ago. I stopped using it because it had way too much lanolin which makes my hair feel dry as heck. But some people love this stuff, like my best friend and her family.

ChocoKitty

Mane n' Tail has an extreme amount of protein. The shampoo alone needs to diluted with large amounts of water due to the protein concentrations.

keke

Now isn't MnT cheap to buy? Cause now yall have me interested in getting this, but im gonna buy just about everything but the shampoo. I heard good things about this product a month ago on The View. I was curious in using too some years ago but i wasn't sure if it would be good for my hair

Wolftrap

I used this before many years ago and I found it to be damaging to my hair. It actually stripped my perm. My hair was hard brittle and needed a touch up after a few uses.

GoingBack

[ QUOTE ]
Wolftrap said:
I used this before many years ago and I found it to be damaging to my hair. It actually stripped my perm. My hair was hard brittle and needed a touch up after a few uses.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could that have been growth? I didn't think that it was possible to "strip" a relaxer. I was under the impression that once the hair had been chemically altered, it was not possible to undue the process. Is this no longer true?

oglorious1

Mixologist

My aunt told me to stop using that stuff because it contains plastic, which will make your hair fall out, so it went right to the reject pile.

SouthernGirl

Okay Everyone,

Because of this thread, I decided to try my own little Mane N' Tail experiment today... I pulled out my stash that I've had sitting under the counter forever, and decided to try it out.
I washed w/the original shampoo, followed by a dab of Creme of Nature then airdried my hair 50%. It was really clean-feeling (I think the CON helps a bunch). Anyhoo, after it was halfway dry, I added a generous amount of leave in conditioner, then let it dry some more. The conditioner made my hair feel really strong- like it did when I used it years ago. When it was almost dry, I added WGO to my scalp, and hair (especially ends). This step is a first for me, b/c I always thought oil would weigh my hair down too much.

Finally after it was dry, I curled with my ceramic iron and it came out great!! I know I cheated w/the heat, but I'll keep this style as long as I can, then put it back into the bun. Looks like I may have to give M&T a try again!
SG

Britt

Are you guys using the regular shampoo and conditioner or the Deep Moisturizing shampoo and conditioner?