Many,many questions on religion and God

snugglez41685

Ok I have some questions for you ladies. I'm just curious what you all think. This is interesting because just the other night at work a few of us ended up talking about religion,God, and Jesus Christ. I'm technically Jewish but haven't been up to par on anything concerning my religion since my grandmother died 10 years ago(I'm 21). I just know that I beleive in God. Thanks in advance!

1. What do you think of Tarot?
2. What do you think of psychics?
3. How do you feel about other religions and there beliefs?
4. Do you prefer to worship at home or in a church/senegauge/tabernacle?
5. How do you feel about the bible?

prettywhitty

No, it wasn't a bad thread. Here goes:

On tarot cards and psychics: Personally I believe it's a form of witchcraft. It is a way of trying to find things out without God. When you have a relationship with God thru Jesus Christ, God is able to show you everything behind it. In the Bible, divination, witchraft is considered a sin. Since divination is the practice of divining information without God and this is the principle of tarot cards and psychics it's a sin.

As far as other religions go Jesus said that he is the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man can come to the Father but through him.

I worship at a church with other believers of Christ. It is very important as a Christian to have a church home. Sitting under the right teaching grows your Christian life and allows you to learn more about God and His word.

I believe that the Bible is God's word for us. I believe that every word in it is truth. It is the best manual for living there ever is.
Hope that helps. PM me if you have more questions.:)

StrawberryQueen

snugglez41685 said:
Ok I have some questions for you ladies. I'm just curious what you all think. This is interesting because just the other night at work a few of us ended up talking about religion,God, and Jesus Christ. I'm technically Jewish but haven't been up to par on anything concerning my religion since my grandmother died 10 years ago(I'm 21). I just know that I beleive in God. Thanks in advance!

1. What do you think of Tarot? I don't think of it, b/c I know it's not for me.
2. What do you think of psychics? See above answer.
3. How do you feel about other religions and there beliefs? I believe there are many paths to God, but mine is through Jesus Christ.
4. Do you prefer to worship at home or in a church/senegauge/tabernacle? It's hard to find a good church, so when I find one I go, for now it's home.
5. How do you feel about the bible? I have mixed feeling about the Bible. It's important to get a variation that helps you along to understand the contexts the scriptures are in and what they mean. But I do have an issue with some parts of the Bible, but thats something else entirely. I am still reading and learning everyday so hopefully my complete knowledge of the Bible will come soon.
This isn't a bad thread, but some may percieve as so. :look: Hopefully everything stays positive and informative.

Last edited:

ThursdayGirl

snugglez41685 said:
1. and 2. What do you think of Tarot? What do you think of psychics?

I lump it with ouija, crystal balls, palmistry, witchcraft, new age etc. They are all different activities and their source is the same - not God. Although these things are entertainment or religion to some people, it has its roots in the occult and does not glorify/edify God. I feel a deep unsettling in my spirit when I'm around it, so I know its not for me and that I need to stay away from it. I also know from the experiences of my friends and acquaintances, its nothing to play with. I don't need to make their mistakes.

snugglez41685 said:

In all honesty, I believe that God in His infinite wisdom has the power to to reach out to people in the way that they will understand and that everyone comes to God in His own way. I believe however that the path to heaven and a close relationship with God the Father is through Jesus. Through my faith, I feel a close communion with God and I feel He has his hand on my life. I wouldn't have that if I wasn't a Christian. Being a Christian (as I practice) isn't about church or ritual, its about a relationship with God and feeling His presence.

snugglez41685 said:

I prefer to worship both at home and in a church that is on fire for God and filled with the Holy Spirit. There is nothing like being tapped into that kind of church. It fills one with joy, peace, and happiness. It isn't a chore.

snugglez41685 said:

I'm not sure what you're asking here. I believe it is the inspired word of God. I also feel it has a lot of relevant knowledge for how to live a good life.

StrawberryQueen

ThursdayGirl said:
I lump it with ouija, crystal balls, palmistry, witchcraft, new age etc. They are all different activities and their source is the same - not God. Although these things are entertainment or religion to some people, it has its roots in the occult and does not glorify/edify God. I feel a deep unsettling in my spirit when I'm around it, so I know its not for me and that I need to stay away from it. I also know from the experiences of my friends and acquaintances, its nothing to play with. I don't need to make their mistakes.

In all honesty, I believe that God in His infinite wisdom has the power to to reach out to people in the way that they will understand and that everyone comes to God in His own way. I believe however that the path to heaven and a close relationship with God the Father is through Jesus. Through my faith, I feel a close communion with God and I feel He has his hand on my life. I wouldn't have that if I wasn't a Christian. Being a Christian (as I practice) isn't about church or ritual, its about a relationship with God and feeling His presence.

I prefer to worship both at home and in a church that is on fire for God and filled with the Holy Spirit. There is nothing like being tapped into that kind of church. It fills one with joy, peace, and happiness. It isn't a chore.

I'm not sure what you're asking here. I believe it is the inspired word of God. I also feel it has a lot of relevant knowledge for how to live a good life.
I LOVE your answers. It's nice to know someone feels the same way I do. :)

MindTwister

ThursdayGirl & Strawberryqueen: how do ya'll reconcile your views about other religions/belief systems with your belief in the Bible, a book that states that the ONLY way to God is to Christ? :)

StrawberryQueen

MindTwister said:
ThursdayGirl & Strawberryqueen: how do ya'll reconcile your views about other religions/belief systems with your belief in the Bible, a book that states that the ONLY way to God is to Christ? :)
It's hard to explain, but I know what I feel in my heart and what the Lord has told me, and I see things that way.

There is enough God to go around. :)

rowenah14

Hi! I thought I'd answer your questions :)

I agree with MizJackson. The above two are a form of witchcraft. I have heard terrifying stories about people using tarot cards and ouija boards so I would definitely stay away.

Most religions have good intentions but I believe that Jesus Christ is the only path to Heaven.

At Church. I totally believe in Christian fellowship.

Definitely the inspired work of God. Many people have tried to destroy the Bible in the past but because it's the word of God, it's still with us today:)

Cichelle

I have Tarot cards myself. I use them for spiritual introspection. I don't tell fortunes with them.

I don't really think of them. :)

I guess I would say that my mind is open to the possibility that some people have that power. But I don't consult psychics or know any personally. As for whether such power comes from "the devil"....if it does, that means it comes from G-d. (I'm Jewish and don't believe in the Christian ideas of "the devil" as a fallen angel, battling against G-d. There is HaSatan who is a servant of G-d and does only what G-d permits him to do, nothing more, nothing less.)

I believe there are many paths to G-d and there are righteous people to be found in different religions.

I am against when people of any religion try to force others to be their religion, either by physical force, legal means or any form of manipulation. I particularly dislike when anyone tries to convert people who are poor, uneducated or in desperate situations physically or emotionally.

I like to pray at home and in the synagogue. There is a different feeling associated with either experience.

The GT (or as it is referred to by Christians, "New Testament") has no relevance in my life, as it is not my sacred text. I've read it and found inaccuracies in it enough to make me suspicious of almost the whole thing.

As far as the Torah is concerned, I'm not sure I could answer the question of how I feel about it. On a purely emotional level, I love Torah. On an intellectual level, it is much more complicated. There are parts of the written Torah that cannot be understood without an oral tradition and/or a working knowledge of biblical history, law and Hebrew. In general, it seems that strict literal translation often leads to folly. There appears to be a lot to learn that can be done by seeing some things figuratively, as well.

Philosophically I believe that halacha can and should evolve over time.

simpleDIVA

snugglez41685 said:

I am glad I found this thread because one of the main reasons why I never really declared a religion is because of the lack of understanding. I do have a personal relationship with God where I do pray and worship Him everyday.

For those who have answered the second question (this is not to offend anyone or to cause any trouble, just for understanding) You say that the power of psychic is from the devil. However there are some people who are born with the natural gift, how do you explain that?

prettywhitty

simpleDIVA said:
I am glad I found this thread because one of the main reasons why I never really declared a religion is because of the lack of understanding. I do have a personal relationship with God where I do pray and worship Him everyday.

For those who have answered the second question (this is not to offend anyone or to cause any trouble, just for understanding) You say that the power of psychic is from the devil. However there are some people who are born with the natural gift, how do you explain that?

I have questioned this as well, and have come to this conclusion. I believe that we are all here for a purpose. I believe that God gives us all gifts. I believe that people are born with an ability to see things that are not of this natural world. But who are they serving with that gift? Also, if you believe that if a person who has a relationship with God through Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit lives within you. What force drives the things that they see if they are not in this kind of relationship with God? Where will that leave them if God is not behind it?

StrawberryQueen

simpleDIVA said:

There are people who have the ability to do such things, BUT you're suppsoed to keep it to yourself.

Knowledge of the future and of your life comes from God and not from man.

But (I believe) there are also prophets still walking the earth, so it really depends. Personally I don't indulge in it b/c it can be negative or scary.

snugglez41685

I appreciate all of your comments ladies. Most of theses questions are of course, about things I do myself. I believe in Tarot and believe that it is something having to do with God, I do the cards myself and found out I'm good at it. But I don't rely soley on the cards, I rely on God first. I do believe in psychics cause alot of things that they have said have come to pass as well as them knowing things about me that no one else knows. Every other questions as well as theses two, I asked to get some insight because I've recently decided to seek further knoowledge. Thanks again ladies.

InnerSoul

Miz Jackson said:
No, it wasn't a bad thread. Here goes:

On tarot cards and psychics: Personally I believe it's a form of witchcraft. It is a way of trying to find things out without God. When you have a relationship with God thru Jesus Christ, God is able to show you everything behind it. In the Bible, divination, witchraft is considered a sin. Since divination is the practice of divining information without God and this is the principle of tarot cards and psychics it's a sin.

As far as other religions go Jesus said that he is the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man can come to the Father but through him.

I worship at a church with other believers of Christ. It is very important as a Christian to have a church home. Sitting under the right teaching grows your Christian life and allows you to learn more about God and His word.

I believe that the Bible is God's word for us. I believe that every word in it is truth. It is the best manual for living there ever is.
Hope that helps. PM me if you have more questions.:)

Everything above is what I would have said. These are my thoughts and beliefs as well... thanks for sharing!:)

alexstin

snugglez41685 said:

I don't really know much about them but I don't believe the influences from these cards is of God

I believe that psychics can see the future but I don't believe the spirit by which they do such things is from God.

I believe that all religions are a search for God as Jesus never came to establish a religion. I rarely refer to myself as a Christian anymore because of the "Chrisitian culture" that has little to do with Christ's message. Christ never referred to His church as Christians so I choose to refer to myself as a believer, saint, etc, etc.
I do believe that Jesus is the only way and is the Messiah.

4. Do you prefer to worship at home or in a church/senegauge/tabernacle? Both! I think it's needed to get together regularly with the Saints of God but that doesn't replace your private time with the Father.

I do believe in the inerrant truth of the bible. It takes Holy Spirit to understand it though. God never intended for us to live by information. He always intended for us to live by revelation(which was the way Adam and Eve lived).

Jesus said is was vital that He leave so that Holy Spirit could come and lead us into all truth. Holy Spirit gives us revelation of what we read. Without Him, bringing the bible to life you have nothing. Holy Spirit is the most important person on Earth.

It's good that you're searching. There's so much that the Father wants you to know about Him, His Son and Holy Spirit. :)

Last edited:

snugglez41685

alexstin said:
I do believe in the inerrant truth of the bible. It takes Holy Spirit to understand it though. God never intended for us to live by information. He always intended for us to live by revelation(which was the way Adam and Eve lived).

Jesus said is was vital that He leave so that Holy Spirit could come and lead us into all truth. Holy Spirit gives us revelation of what we read. Without Him, bringing the bible to life you have nothing. Holy Spirit is the most important person on Earth.

It's good that you're searching. There's so much that the Father wants you to know about Him, His Son and Holy Spirit. :)

Thank you. I'm just searching for as much knowledge as I can get!

ThursdayGirl

MindTwister said:

Hi MindTwister :),

Actually, I did say that I believe Christ is the way to communion with God and the way to Heaven. There are a lot of people who are in the Church now, that weren't always Christian. They were atheists, buhddist, muslim, pagan, hindu, jewish... all sorts of things. We all take different paths. The important thing is that people do find their way to Christ, if they want the close relationship that God offers us through Christ.

I believe, though that God has a plan for everyone. I have to believe that God has made a way for everyone to be close to Him - afterall, He sent His only son for us. For example, some people won't get to hear the Word of God (I'm thinking of people living untouched by missions) ...some won't have the capacity to understand the Word. I don't know that God is going to send these people to Hell. I have to believe that He has some plan for them, just as He has some plan for you and me. I believe that He talks to them in a way they can understand. Maybe Jesus intercedes for their souls in front of the Father. I just find it hard to believe that God would turn His back on those people because of circumstances.

Sadly, some people will reject Christ and His deity. There will be a lot of people who won't get to heaven because they heard the Word, but chose to go another way. Its sad, but God gave us all free will, because He wanted us to love Him - He didn't want to force us to love Him.

I hope that helps.

@StrawberryQueen- not sure our beliefs are still that similar...if they are do let me know! Just wanted to say Hey Lady, to you :).

StrawberryQueen

ThursdayGirl said:
Hi MindTwister :),

Actually, I did say that I believe Christ is the way to communion with God and the way to Heaven. There are a lot of people who are in the Church now, that weren't always Christian. They were atheists, buhddist, muslim, pagan, hindu, jewish... all sorts of things. We all take different paths. The important thing is that people do find their way to Christ, if they want the close relationship that God offers us through Christ.

I believe, though that God has a plan for everyone. I have to believe that God has made a way for everyone to be close to Him - afterall, He sent His only son for us. For example, some people won't get to hear the Word of God (I'm thinking of people living untouched by missions) ...some won't have the capacity to understand the Word. I don't know that God is going to send these people to Hell. I have to believe that He has some plan for them, just as He has some plan for you and me. I believe that He talks to them in a way they can understand. Maybe Jesus intercedes for their souls in front of the Father. I just find it hard to believe that God would turn His back on those people because of circumstances.

Sadly, some people will reject Christ and His deity. There will be a lot of people who won't get to heaven because they heard the Word, but chose to go another way. Its sad, but God gave us all free will, because He wanted us to love Him - He didn't want to force us to love Him.

I hope that helps.

@StrawberryQueen- not sure our beliefs are still that similar...if they are do let me know! Just wanted to say Hey Lady, to you :).
Nope, I feel the same way you do! :kiss:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I missed this. So here are my replies noted after your questions, okay? ;)

snugglez41685 said:

Tarot is a form of witchcraft. In Deuteronomy 18 and other scriptual passages, God's word clearly states that we are to seek him (Only) and not the counsel of a witch, or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. Tarot, though it may seem innocent or harmless to some, is consulting with the world of darkness. It is not for Christians.

They are a 'counterfeit' to the pure counsel of God. They are communicating with 'familiar spirits', the world of darkness.

Many will argue and wonder how a psychic can tell you what occurred in your past life. Key word: "familiar spirits". These spirits were right there when you were having the experiences. How does a psychic know ones future? They don't. Only God knows and holds our future and much of it is based upon our choices which have consequences. There is no defense for a psychic.

It is dangerous to consult a physhic and they have no place in a Chrisitian's life. Why? Because the devil is using them as a distraction from God's word and they give inaccurate advise which could be deadly to someone. God is our counsel and by way of the Holy Spirit of God.

My feelings are for the human heart. That's what matters more than anything. Religious beliefs are secondary, even when contrary to the word of God.

For me, it doesn't really matter. I am almost always in a state of worship no matter where I am.

"I Love It." And there is nothing above it. God's word is His gift to us. And what a wonderful gift it is.

God bless you. ;)