Saints that don't believe Jesus is the only way..

alexstin

I read all the time about those who have accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior but still don't believe He is the only way(i.e. they are many paths to God, you can't put God in a box, etc, etc). How do you reconcile that with the scriptures? Jesus said no one can come to the Father unless they come through Him. All the religions of the world are just that religions. Jesus never said He came to bring a religion. How is it that Jesus and His kingdom message were ever lumped in with the religions of the world.

Thanks!:)

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I read all the time about those who have accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior but still don't believe He is the only way(i.e. they are many paths to God, you can't put God in a box, etc, etc). How do you reconcile that with the scriptures? Jesus said no one can come to the Father unless they come through Him. All the religions of the world are just that religions. Jesus never said He came to bring a religion. How is it that Jesus and His kingdom message were ever lumped in with the religions of the world.

Lack of trust...lack of commitment. Most of all the truth is not in them; for it was, then there would be no other god for them except God and none other.

Pastor A, this is just another path of compromise. If the world doesn't view Jesus as He FULLY is than they are not compelled to commit to Him as He FULLY is. It's like 'shacking' up with God. One foot in the door the other foot ready to back out if they don't 'like' something God said.

Hmmmm, but Pastor A, 'Who's on the Lord's side?' You can tell your real friends by their committment to you. The same with Jesus. No man can serve two masters, he'll serve one and hate the other.

Jesus is through asking people, "Is you is, or is you ain't" one with Me? He has asked, "How long will I have to contend with you?"

Pastor A, I like your point here. We either are or we're not. That's why God calls Himself, "I Am". I am that I Am. " ;) Likewise so should we be completely as well. Lord, here I am...all the way.

((( hugs ))) ;)

Spidergul

alexstin-
I like your question. I have asked myself this very questions. Can I truly believe in Jesus or better yet can I believe there is a God w/o believing in Jesus? I can some how believe more in Jesus as a man than anything else. I was baptised a number of years ago, but I still struggled with that questions. Do I believe Jesus Christ died for my sins? My mind says why would he do that?, what sort of man was he? Mind you my faith in God is very strong.
I am just now coming to view Jesus as more than a man-but still my question is why would He do that...?

Nice & Wavy

I just put up a thread about religion and the Church, etc. that answers this question. I hope everyone gets a chance to read it through.

God is doing something here with us...we are gathering the information that will help others KNOW who HE is and that He is a rewarder to those who sincerely seek Him.

Guyaneek

This is something that is often confusing to me also. I really believe that these people don't understand the meaning of the scriptures. I am the way, the truth and the life. He didn't say I am a way! This belief to me is foundational in following Christ.

Zeal

God said it and I believe it and that's it. I guess it is just faith. I am justified and that is that. But the faith walk is a growing process. I have no choice but to have faith.

The believing comes with faith. In James (I don't have the address right now) It says if you lakc wisdom ask God?

Ask God to help you understand? I believe that Jesus is hte only way. I do not believe there is 1 road many ways.

PaperClip

Just like I know the BEST/ONLY way to my house and I know my house's specific address, I believe the Lord God Jehovah knows the BEST/ONLY WAY to His House (HEAVEN/KINGDOM) and His specific address (JESUS CHRIST).

One reason I appreciate the Old Testament specifically is because the Lord God was VERY PARTICULAR in His instructions. Nobody had to guess what He wanted and how He wanted it. He told them how long, how high, how big, how much, how wide, how clean, how many times, how many directions, how many horns, how many cattle, how many animals, and so on and so on....

If the Lord God is going to be specific about those natural things, should not we expect Him to be as specific about the spiritual things? In all faith, I say YES!!!!

HWAY

Most people don't read and study the bible. They're content to allow someone teach them without verifying the truth for themselves. As a consequence, there are many religions. In my former religion, I thought I was a footstep follower of Jesus, but have since discovered I did not fully know Jesus. I was following the teachings of men. By focusing on Jesus as the only way of salvation and only having the bible and holy spirit determine what is truth, I can now truly say I have a relationship with Jesus.

live2bgr8

Most people don't read and study the bible. They're content to allow someone teach them without verifying the truth for themselves. As a consequence, there are many religions. In my former religion, I thought I was a footstep follower of Jesus, but have since discovered I did not fully know Jesus. I was following the teachings of men. By focusing on Jesus as the only way of salvation and only having the bible and holy spirit determine what is truth, I can now truly say I have a relationship with Jesus.

ITA-- It think until people start digging into the Word for themselves, they tend to have an image of God (idol) rather than truly knowing who God says He is. It's already laid out, and many people don't feel like they have the time to "look it up"...

Monilove122

Great question!! I will say though that I'm not sure if your examples necessarily mean that the person stating them doesn't believe Jesus is the only way to God. Why? Cause I've said them both. What I mean is that there are different paths one can take to salvation. For example, some may be moved through song, others may be moved by the word, and there are those moved by the act of love portrayed by a perfect stranger. Now, once you are lead to salvation I think you have to grow into the understanding that you've gotta go through Jesus to get to God and for some it's hard to comprehend because in the wordly mind, it doesn't make sense. We relate it to our lives and think if I want to get to my boss I should just be able to get to him, no problem. But in the spiritual sense, things don't work that way. I can't even say it's lack of faith (at least not for all) but really as someone else said, a lack of knowing the word and what we NEED to do to ensure we will dwell with God in the end.

Many concepts of the bible don't make sense and you have to get to a point spiritually where you know that you CANNOT read the bible or even understand God until you shut off that worldly view. Like many I've been in church all my life and I can't even begin to tell you how many concepts, ideas, etc. I didn't get until I had already proclaimed I was saved.

Now, if someone knows and understands the concept and still believes otherwise then that is NOT true Christianity. But I do know that many people don't truly "get it" at first - they try to detach Jesus from God and vice versa and overlook the part that you've GOTTA go through Jesus to get to God, BUT THERE IS NO WAY AROUND IT!!!!!

Spidergul

Great question!! I will say though that I'm not sure if your examples necessarily mean that the person stating them doesn't believe Jesus is the only way to God. Why? Cause I've said them both. What I mean is that there are different paths one can take to salvation. For example, some may be moved through song, others may be moved by the word, and there are those moved by the act of love portrayed by a perfect stranger. Now, once you are lead to salvation I think you have to grow into the understanding that you've gotta go through Jesus to get to God and for some it's hard to comprehend because in the wordly mind, it doesn't make sense. We relate it to our lives and think if I want to get to my boss I should just be able to get to him, no problem. But in the spiritual sense, things don't work that way. I can't even say it's lack of faith (at least not for all) but really as someone else said, a lack of knowing the word and what we NEED to do to ensure we will dwell with God in the end.

Many concepts of the bible don't make sense and you have to get to a point spiritually where you know that you CANNOT read the bible or even understand God until you shut off that worldly view. Like many I've been in church all my life and I can't even begin to tell you how many concepts, ideas, etc. I didn't get until I had already proclaimed I was saved.

Now, if someone knows and understands the concept and still believes otherwise then that is NOT true Christianity. But I do know that many people don't truly "get it" at first - they try to detach Jesus from God and vice versa and overlook the part that you've GOTTA go through Jesus to get to God, BUT THERE IS NO WAY AROUND IT!!!!!

Thanks Moni. This really helped me. :)

alexstin

I understand what you're saying. I'm referring to people who believe you can enter a relationship with the Father through Islam, Hindu or anything else. It doesn't necessarily have to be through Jesus.

Guyaneek

You couldn't be more on point!

Monilove122

I understand what you're saying. I'm referring to people who believe you can enter a relationship with the Father through Islam, Hindu or anything else. It doesn't necessarily have to be through Jesus.

Oh you mean through other RELIGIONS... Got ya, I guess I missed that in your post, LOL. Sorry.

Monilove122

You couldn't be more on point!

Girl, some of the things that went off like light bulbs to me was just SHOCKING!! I was like wait, that's what that means. Or scriptures I thought meant one thing and read it again and it meant something totally different, :lol:. It has also helped me a great deal reading history books pertaining to culture & custom of that time. More things made sense that way as well. Understanding more about Jewish culture has been very important in things making more sense for me.