March 17 18 19 What Are Your Weekend Plans?

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
Redo of last wash day because my hair felt lovely :infatuated:

Exfoliate: Komaza Care Pona Hair and Scalp Treatment
Cleanse: Redken Hair Cleansing Creme
Protein Treatment: (still deciding) Nexxus Emergencee or Curl Junkie Repair Me
DC: Bobeam Buttercream DC
Post-wash: NG Ginger Peach Leave In Conditioner, SD Wheat Germ Butter Conditioner, MHC Sophia's Hair Grease

imaginary

Overnight Rx: Kusmi almond green tea on the scalp and vatika oil on hair
Shampoo: Redken Hair cleansing creme
Rinse: Rice water
Protein: (applied on top of rinse) gelatin (melted in water), NPF and affirm reconstructor
DC: Novex argan oil layered on top of grapeseed oil
Leave-ins: avj, jojoba and argan oil and SM c&s conditioner
Stretch: ponytail perm rod set (didnt really work out well because they were too small)

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Tomorrow a.m.
"Oil Soak" WEN Cucumber & Aloe Oil (wrapped in Saran Wrap several hours)
Clarify VO5 Kiwi & Lime Clarifying Conditioner
Treat: Cathy Howse Ultra Black Hair (under dryer 20 minutes)
Steam: C.Daughter's Black Vanilla Smoothie DC'er (under steamer 40 minutes)
Final R/O: Curl Junkie's Argan & Olive
Leave-In: EQyss Avocado Mist & Cowboy Magic Detanglers
Dry under Dryer

Last edited:

michaela

Natural 4b
It's been a long time since I've been on here, but my regimen is pretty much the same. Today I did a herbal tea rinse with marshmallow and horsetail. I had a brand new bottle of the Komaza Pona treatment and didn't even realize until after the fact. I'll most definitely incorporate it within the next wash.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
It's been a long time since I've been on here, but my regimen is pretty much the same. Today I did a herbal tea rinse with marshmallow and horsetail. I had a brand new bottle of the Komaza Pona treatment and didn't even realize until after the fact. I'll most definitely incorporate it within the next wash.

That sounds lovely! Can you share details about the herbal tea rinse? So many questions!
  • What is the effect of the herbal tea rinse on your hair?
  • How long have you been doing the herbal tea rinse?
  • How often do you do the herbal tea rinse? How often do you recommend it?
  • Where did you buy your tea, marshmallow, and horsetail?
  • What is the recipe for the herbal tea rinse with marshmallow and horsetail: How do make the tea, how much marshmallow and horsetail do you add, and how do you handle/add them? (I've never used either)
  • Anything else we should know?
Thanks in advance!

michaela

Natural 4b
That sounds lovely! Can you share details about the herbal tea rinse? So many questions!
  • What is the effect of the herbal tea rinse on your hair? As far as the effects thus far, I've noticed more strength, and it helps my hair hold more moisture compared to before I started rinsing.
  • How long have you been doing the herbal tea rinse?
    I stopped for a little after my first pregnancy in 2015, but I've been rinsing for the past four years in total.
  • How often do you do the herbal tea rinse? How often do you recommend it? I only do it once a week for the most part. I think if time permitted I would possibly do it twice a week. It really just depends on your schedule because I'm always super busy and I'm a natural 4b, so I always try to take my time when detangling.
  • Where did you buy your tea, marshmallow, and horsetail? https://www.etsy.com/shop/NatureProvidesBeauty?ref=search_shop_redirect&section_id=16828381
  • What is the recipe for the herbal tea rinse with marshmallow and horsetail: How do make the tea, how much marshmallow and horsetail do you add, and how do you handle/add them? (I've never used either) I buy the teas pre-packaged from Etsy. She ships super quick, and right now I'm rotating with the horsetail, marshmallow, hibiscus, and peppermint teas. I will use 1 cup of water per tea bag, but I normally just only use 2 and let them steep for about 30-45 minutes
  • Anything else we should know? Here is a good article that led me to choose those particular teas. http://www.curlynikki.com/2013/11/herbal-tea-for-hair-growth-drink-rinse.html I got super curious and noticed that these ingredients are always in the bulk of the products that I purchase, so why not try them alone. I hoped this helps with answering your questions.
Thanks in advance!

Please refer to the bolded

discodumpling

I'm under the dryer setting my wash n go for the week after an ACV rinse & DC.
I really want to try the new Eco everyone is raving about but I simply can't justify the purchase with 1/4 of a 5 lb tub of the Argan Oil version left! So I'll wait a little longer.
This week's wng is the usual: Aunt Jackies leavin, Lustrasilk curlmax and a heavy helping of Eco Argan.

southerncitygirl

Wash and DC with komaza supermane. Until further notice I will be doing protein treatments with the komaza protein strengthener or supermane which is a reconstructor of sorts on a weekly basis. I am tired of seeing these bits of breakage and its been effecting my retention for quite a while. I have been stuck at APL from a setback I had several years ago so this makes no sense. Going to stay on top of my water intake and be more consistent with my Whole Food supplements.

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
Prepoo - Vatika Oil
Cowash - APB Whipped Cleansing Cremé
Shampoo - Diluted KeraCare Anti-Dandruff Moisturising Shampoo
DC - Protein DC for 15 mins, Moisture DC for 30 mins. Both under my Hot Head Conditioning Cap
Leave In - APB Agave Nectar Hair Spritz + Leave-In Conditioner + Simple Hair Cream +QB Alphabet Butter

Pmpomatic

I wasn't on-call this weekend but still worked in overdrive to complete a data analysis on patients.

Friday: massaged scalp with Xcel21/oil then M&S before rolling ends.
Saturday: picked up split ender pro at post office. Spent a little tax refund money.
Sunday: M&S.

I will prepoo overnight tomorrow w/ NG banana coconut prepoo and Jakeala parfait. Tuesday, I will get another rollerset done. Wednesday, I fly to the cold NE w/ slap cap to present my research at a conference.

Daina

Pre-treat: Komaza Pona on scalp
Cleanse: Suave Avocado and Olive Oil poo on scalp only; co-cleansed length with Aussie Moist 3 minute miracle
Treat: Deep conditioned with Mielle Organics babassu mint conditioner 1 hr body heat and 30 minutes under the dryer
Style: Rollerset using magnetic rollers with water, lottabody and JC Solutions wrap and roll foam; Argan oil used for take down