Marylanders?? Does your hair stylist...

JusticeMe

As I've said in previous threads, I'm from Philly and I'm used to a certain level precision and style when it comes to my hair being done by a professional stylist.

Since moving to MD, however, I find that stylists here don't take the same care, and I've tried five different hair stylists and none have come close to what I'm used to.

My main objection is that when I get a "blow dry and curl" with the flat irons, the stylists in Maryland ALWAYS neglect my roots. Perhaps it wouldn't be a big deal if I had a fresh relaxer, but typically I don't. So while the style might be acceptable, it never lasts because I can't get my comb or fingers through the roots.

Is it me or is customary in this area for roots to be not be flat ironed?

Also if anyone can recommend a hair stylist/salon in MD (South or Central), it'd be appreciated.
:perplexed

nc cutie

Try Salon Coture near B-more. ask for sherelle. I was natural and she made my hair look like a fresh perm.

tmrskltn

I don't know what part of md u live in but Dominican salons are known for there blowouts , can't say I personally know i dont straighten, but, my friend was natural n she has like 4b,c? Hair and they made it look like she had a perm, just a suggestion, hope this helps:)

JusticeMe

I don't know what part of md u live in but Dominican salons are known for there blowouts , can't say I personally know i dont straighten, but, my friend was natural n she has like 4b,c? Hair and they made it look like she had a perm, just a suggestion, hope this helps:)

Thanks, Yea I tried the Dominicans in MD and it worked for a while but I felt like I could do a better job then they could. The Dominicans in NY are sooo much better than in MD. It's just way tooo much heat, they'd rollerset me under the HOT dryer, than blow it out with the extra hot blow dryer, then sometimes use a flat iron to pin curl.

Simply_Kelz

Actually I'm from Philly too, and got my hair done in MD once, on vacation, and they DID NOT really straighten my roots. Or my widows peak in the front. It was the weirdest thing...

Distorted Barbie

our hair is done differently in maryland, than in philly...I realized that when i went away to college and my philly friends' hair was 'flowier' than mine (lol)...since then, i have changed stylists when i go home...try sinitria's dominican salon in largo, md, if that's not too far ;)