What does your stylist or you use to get your rollerset to last?

gymfreak336

I ask because after I moisturize and seal once a day, my hair falls flat after 3 days or so. When I go get it done, my set lasts all week:perplexed

What products can I use to get it to last? Any soft drying foams or setting lotions??

LHCF Stylists- what do you use on your clients??

Artemis

Maybe try adding a serum to give a minimal hold, or a diluted setting spray (anything but lottabody, pleeeeeasee :lol:)

I use whatever creamy leave-in and then PM Super Skinny. I want to try Chi Silk Infusion instead one day; I've never used it on wet hair before.

gymfreak336

Maybe try adding a serum to give a minimal hold, or a diluted setting spray (anything but lottabody, pleeeeeasee :lol:)

I use whatever creamy leave-in and then PM Super Skinny. I want to try Chi Silk Infusion instead one day; I've never used it on wet hair before.

:lachen:Watcha got against lottabody?:lachen:

LovelyLionessa

I ask because after I moisturize and seal once a day, my hair falls flat after 3 days or so. When I go get it done, my set lasts all week:perplexed

What products can I use to get it to last? Any soft drying foams or setting lotions??

I use Lacio Lacio + ORS Wrap/Set Mousse. They work well together for me.

lollyoo

i think for best hold diluted lotta body, but i hardly use it as i dont mind curl not lasting more than 2 days. keracare setting lotion is good but hold not as good as lottabody.

gymfreak336

i think for best hold diluted lotta body, but i hardly use it as i dont mind curl not lasting more than 2 days. keracare setting lotion is good but hold not as good as lottabody.

How do you dilute it, what is your ratio of lottabody to water?

Thanks for the tip

Ronda123

How do you dilute it, what is your ratio of lottabody to water?

Thanks for the tip

I use the lottabody in the original formula, which is "ready for use". It works great.

Isis

:lachen::lachen:

*crunch crunch crunch*

Watching the tumbleweeds pass me by...

Oh, snap! That's my hair! Dang! :wallbash:
:lachen:
My leave-in has been Giovanni Direct which I use a little of and the rest is water. My sets last and I maintain them with pincurls. I don't use setting lotions, unless I'm using Caruso steam rollers. Then I would use regular Lottabody.

Ronda123

Below is a pic of the lottabody that is concentrated. This formula needs to be diluted or hair will be crunchy...

gymfreak336

:lachen:
My leave-in has been Giovanni Direct which I use a little of and the rest is water. My sets last and I maintain them with pincurls. I don't use setting lotions, unless I'm using Caruso steam rollers. Then I would use regular Lottabody.

Do you pin curl at night? I still haven't figured out how to pin curl at night. Everytime I wake up, the curl is crunched and has weird bends in it:perplexed

Isis

Do you pin curl at night? I still haven't figured out how to pin curl at night. Everytime I wake up, the curl is crunched and has weird bends in it:perplexed
Yes, I sure do!
My pincurls lie flat against my head., secured with a Good Hair Days pin. After pincurling, I then cover my head snugly with a satin scarf. The pincurls are covered also and now even more snug and flat against my head with the scarf. Sometimes, I'll put a satin bonnet over the scarf just to make sure everything stays on.

When I wake up, all I have to do is remove the scarf and pins, shake my hair out and it's ready to go with pretty, bouncy curls. :yep:

gymfreak336

Yes, I sure do!
My pincurls lie flat against my head., secured with a Good Hair Days pin. After pincurling, I then cover my head snugly with a satin scarf. The pincurls are covered also and now even more snug and flat against my head with the scarf. Sometimes, I'll put a satin bonnet over the scarf just to make sure everything stays on.

When I wake up, all I have to do is remove the scarf and pins, shake my hair out and it's ready to go with pretty, bouncy curls. :yep:

Okay, I am offically hatin...............:lachen:

shunta

Same with me, but I dont mind because I figure after 3 or 4 days, Im washing my hair anyway. Ive tried other products to make my sets last (mousses, foams, setting lotions), but I just end up with crunchy, hard hair.:perplexed So I just set with plain ole water and leave-in and call it a day.:grin:

gymfreak336

Same with me, but I dont mind because I figure after 3 or 4 days, Im washing my hair anyway. Ive tried other products to make my sets last (mousses, foams, setting lotions), but I just end up with crunchy, hard hair.:perplexed So I just set with plain ole water and leave-in and call it a day.:grin:

See, at home I get hard hair but at the salon I don't and they use more product than I do:perplexed I usually wash every 4 days but sometimes I am tired and I don't want to mess with it.

LovelyLionessa

Thanks for the info Priestess. I can pick that ORS from Kmart this weekend.

You're welcome gymfreak. I should add I wash 2x a week and use large rollers for a straighter style and not curls. If I want waves I put my hair in 2 bantus overnight to "reactivate" a set. Also, if the pincurls aren't working for you, you might want to maintain your set w/flexirods. They're comfortable to sleep in and give hair nice body. HTH :yep:

SmartyPants

I was told by the only hairstylist I actually trust to do my hair, that Lottabody dries the hair out. If you insist on using it, mix it with double the water they recommend on the bottle.

gymfreak336

You're welcome gymfreak. I should add I wash 2x a week and use large rollers for a straighter style and not curls. If I want waves I put my hair in 2 bantus overnight to "reactivate" a set. Also, if the pincurls aren't working for you, you might want to maintain your set w/flexirods. They're comfortable to sleep in and give hair nice body. HTH :yep:

Thanks, I never thought of that:yep:

KBA

I get great sets using Chi Silk Infusion on soaking wet hair. Same as another poster, i pin curl my hair every night, and the roller set lasts till I wash it out!
Good luck ;-)

gymfreak336

I get great sets using Chi Silk Infusion on soaking wet hair. Same as another poster, i pin curl my hair every night, and the roller set lasts till I wash it out!
Good luck ;-)

I used to use this but I ran out. I need to get some more asap!