Maury Povich Show- Ceramic Iron

luvhair

Beauty and Fashion Junkie
Today I was watching the Maury Povich show and this guy was on and he used this ceramic iron to straighten various types of hair. He said it wouldnt damage hair because it uses infrared technology and it gets rid of negative ioon and after using it for a while your hair would be permanently straight. I was wondering if any of you have used it. Or your thoughts on it. I t costs about 100 dollars. I also emailed the company on some further questions so when they email me ill post what they say. Below is what the website says or you can go directly to the site: www.ceramiciron.com

Straighten, Smooth, Curl, Flip and Style with One Professional Tool!

The Super***** Fused Real Ceramic Hair Styling flat Iron features rapid infrared heating which means that your iron will heat up in mere seconds. FAR Infrared heat through ceramic plates also means that your hair color will be protected and your hair condition will be enhanced. Your hair will be shinier and smoother than you ever thought possible. And because of the low wattage of your Super***** iron, it costs mere pennies to operate.

You don't have to be a Super***** to look like one!

Suggested Temperature Settings: Always start at the lowest temperature setting and increase the temperature as needed for your personal hair type and texture.
Only lower heat settings are recommended for fine, chemically treated or damaged hair. Higher heat settings are for coarse, healthy hair types or for ethnic styles. Of course, these are only suggestions. You will quickly find the right temperature for your hair.
Super***** irons are warranted for a period of one year form date of purchase against any defects in workmanship or materials. They are not warranted against abuse or damage due to use.
Hairstyling Iron with Fused Real Ceramic Technology
Seals hair cuticles and lock in moisture for silky, smooth styles.
Eliminates scorching and damage
Radiates FAR Infrared Ray from 100% Complete Ceramic Design
Temperature Setting dial with lighted power indicator
Heats in seconds
Very light weight and flexible - just over 0.5 lbs
Non-stick, ceramic coated plates are 1 inch by 3.5 inch
Off / On Switch
UL Approved Swivel cord
110 Volts AC - 2 prong plug
8 ft power cord
One Year Warranty against any defects in workmanship or materials.

Adjustable thermostat control to set the proper temperature for various hair conditions and textures. For chemically treated, fine or damaged hair, use a lower heat setting. Higher settings are only recommended for healthy coarse hair types and ethnic hair styles.
These Professional Salon Irons develop high temperatures at higher settings, so CARE should be exercised at all times.
Always turn off when not in use. Let irons cool for at least 15 minutes and are cool to touch before putting in storage.

ms_kenesha

Re: Maury Povich Show- Ceramic Iron/bi-racial daughter

I saw this show and I was so mad at the white woman with the biracial daughter did you see the brush she was trying to brush that girl's hair with!!! /images/graemlins/mad.gif The reason why her hair looked so bad was her mom had no idea how to handle her hair. I think all white women w/ biracial children shoul;d belong to this site!!!

About the iron I saw the show and I wouldn't pay $100 for it when any flatiron would do the same thing I'm happy w/ my Jilbere.

VALLEYGIRL

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
. I think all white women w/ biracial children shoul;d belong to this site!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL....FUNNY BUT TRUE

luvhair

Beauty and Fashion Junkie

you know i was thinking the same thing. That girl's hair wasnt that bad it just wasnt taken care of correctly. I always get mad about that.

I was thinking its really expensive too but if it doesn't damage i think I would be willing to shell out the money for it. Im a college student with a good part time job so i got some disposable income.

hairfanatic

Hey Luvhair /images/graemlins/wave.gif

That ceremic iron really does sound interesting /images/graemlins/smile.gif But, geez, for $99.00 /images/graemlins/shocked.gif. I wished they had the thing in a store oppose to the Internet. That way, if I wanted to try it and don't like it, it would be an easier return. When you order stuff off the Internet, it's such a hassel to return, then the companies want to give you a song and a dance about the return and before you know it, it took three weeks for you to get your money back. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

rayne

I saw that too and became curiouos about it. But for $99, I think I'll pass. I've never experienced heat damage so I think I can live without it.

G

My sister-in-law's brother has a little girl by this white girl and she is the same way clueless bout hair.

She washes the girl's hair and just leaves it out She looks like macy gray but when it dries it's terrible looking.

UmSumayyah

have you tried to give her advice? Or is she the type that would get all offended so you won't go there? I have a friend (white) who's married to an African. so far they only have boys (type 3a-b hair)...but you can bet I plan to help her out if they ever have a girl.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
and after using it for a while your hair would be permanently straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is probably a good product but if after pro-longed use it makes the hair permanently straight--then that means it is damaging the hair, because you have to damage the hair to some degree to break it's natural curl pattern permanently.

Thanks for listenin' (readin')

Armyqt

Supergirl said:
and after using it for a while your hair would be permanently straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is probably a good product but if after pro-longed use it makes the hair permanently straight--then that means it is damaging the hair, because you have to damage the hair to some degree to break it's natural curl pattern permanently.

Thanks for listenin' (readin')

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point Supergirl. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
You can find them on Ebay, brand new. From about $60-$120 dollars. I think they all work the same regardless of the price. I don't remember where I got mine but I paid too much for it.