Mega church pastor beaten to death....

Rainbow Dash

Mega church pastor beaten to death with electric guitar by man who rammed car into church

A North Texas congregation is reeling after an attacker rammed a car into a church wall, chased the pastor, and beat him to death with an electric guitar.

Police told reporters they didn't know why the unidentified suspect attacked Rev. Danny Kirk Sr., founding pastor of the Greater Sweethome MIssionary Baptist Church.
In a harrowing 911 call an unidentified church secretary said that some staff tried to fight him off but that Kirk was in desperate need of an ambulance.

'My pastor's bleeding, he's been attacked,' the worker tells dispatchers while locked in her office.'I'm not going out there. I need real help fast. Send policeman. I do need an ambulance also.'

'Does your pastor know him?' the dispatcher asked.
'I have no idea.'

The unidentified assailant apparently drove his car into the church wall on purpose shortly before noon.

He then began to attack Kirk in the parking lot before chasing him into the church, according to Forest Hill Police Chief Dan Dennis.

When police arrived they found the suspect striking Kirk with an electric guitar they believe was already in the church.

When police arrived they had to use a Taser to subdue the man, handcuffed him, and locked him in their patrol car.
Sadly it was too late for Kirk who had already died.

A maintenance worker who tried to help Kirk was also injured and taken to an area hospital but his condition is unknown.

The assailant himself was found unresponsive shortly after being taken into custody and was pronounced dead at a local hospital.

Dennis told reporters police did not yet know if the suspect knew Kirk, attended the church, or what his motives were for attacking the pastor.

For hours after the shocking attack hundreds gathered outside the church, gathering around the crime-scene tape wrapped around a small statue of Jesus near the wrecked car.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...aten-death-electric-guitar.html#ixzz2An2DZsVo

Goombay_Summer

I don't think this was some random attack but that this man definitely had an axis to grind with the good reverend, which makes me wonder if the Pastor was sweet- hearting (Bahamian slang for having an affair) with his attackers DW/SO.

Goombay_Summer

What do you mean by people of God?

Iwanthealthyhair67

First thing I thought but I'm really hoping that this is not the case...either way it's bad for his family and the congregation ...

I don't think this was some random attack but that this man definitely had an axis to grind with the good reverend, which makes me wonder if the Pastor was sweet- hearting (Bahamian slang for having an affair) with his attackers DW/SO.

Blackpearl1993

How awful. I don't know the background on this situation, but no matter what it's awful for the pastor, his family, the church, the community, the attacker and his family. I pray for them all.

Nice & Wavy

I won't assume and judge the situation...that's not my place as a Christ follower, but I will say that this is sad all around for his family, friends and congregants.:nono:

Nice & Wavy

Here's what really happened: Again, people need to stop judging people who die, based on the acts of others. Shame:nono:

Brother: Man didn't know Texas pastor he killed

By ANGELA K. BROWN
Associated Press /
October 30, 2012

FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) — Worried after a week of increasingly bizarre conversations with his younger brother, Glen Birdow drove to Fort Worth last weekend, hoping to understand why his brother was saying people were trying to kill him and that someone had stuck a needle in his arm.

Derrick Anthony Birdow was fidgeting and acting paranoid, but refused to check himself into a hospital. The 33-year-old married father of four insisted he was fine, his brother said.

But Derrick Birdow left his Fort Worth home Monday, passed by numerous churches and rammed his car into the side of Greater Sweethome Missionary Baptist Church in nearby Forest Hill. There, he got out of his car and beat the Rev. Danny Kirk Sr. to death with an electric guitar.

‘‘The person that I knew was loving and caring, and he was not a killer,’’ Glen Birdow, 39, of San Antonio, told The Associated Press on Tuesday. ‘‘I just don’t know what happened. I'm so sorry for the pastor’s family.’’

Derrick Birdow did not know the pastor or attend that church, his brother said. Derrick Birdow enjoyed his job as a truck driver and didn’t have a history of mental illness, his brother said, adding that he didn’t believe that his brother used drugs.

Birdow died Monday after being found unresponsive in the back of a patrol car, where he was taken after officers subdued him with a Taser and handcuffed him, Forest Hill Police Chief Dan Dennis said. Kirk, 53, died at the scene. Forest Hill police said Tuesday the investigation was continuing.

The Tarrant County Medical Examiner’s Office has not yet released how Birdow died. The Texas Rangers are investigating Birdow’s death because he died in police custody, Dennis said.

Tarrant County court records show that in 2004, Derrick Birdow pleaded guilty to aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and was sentenced to five years in prison. Glen Birdow said his brother believed a man had stolen money from him and police refused to help, and then he shot the man.

Derrick Birdow also served 35 days in jail in 2004 for a misdemeanor drunken driving charge, court records show. In 2000, he received 45 days in jail for misdemeanor assault of a family member, and in 1999 he was sentenced to 120 days in jail for possessing a controlled substance, court records show.

On Monday, his cousin, Christopher Henderson, said that Derrick Birdow had been ‘‘out of his head’’ the past week, saying people were after him. When asked if Birdow used drugs, Henderson said that his cousin believed that someone may have given him drugs.

‘‘He’s just been acting off the wall,’’ Henderson told The Associated Press outside of the church.

LifeafterLHCF

The pastor served his purpose here. His time was up.His mission was complete. This was suppose to happen no matter how horrific in order to bring awareness to things and to push others to grow. It takes things like this for some to open their eyes to things.

Nice & Wavy

The pastor served his purpose here. His time was up.His mission was complete. This was suppose to happen no matter how horrific in order to bring awareness to things and to push others to grow. It takes things like this for some to open their eyes to things.
What do you mean by this?

LifeafterLHCF

What do you mean by this?

For some it will push them to go deeper with God. For others it will wake them the heck up about what is going on in the world. IMO, there are many a church goer who doesn't see the real issues of society. They are sheltered in their church going bubble. Sometimes in the after mass of horrific things it awakens people. I'm in insensitive to the pain this issue may cause but on the larger scale the pastors life served the purpose God had him here for.

Nice & Wavy

For some it will push them to go deeper with God. For others it will wake them the heck up about what is going on in the world. IMO, there are many a church goer who doesn't see the real issues of society. They are sheltered in their church going bubble. Sometimes in the after mass of horrific things it awakens people. I'm in insensitive to the pain this issue may cause but on the larger scale the pastors life served the purpose God had him here for.
I hear you, but I'm not understanding. Maybe someone else can come in and help me to understand what you are saying is connected to this pastor and the way he died.

LifeafterLHCF

I hear you, but I'm not understanding. Maybe someone else can come in and help me to understand what you are saying is connected to this pastor and the way he died.

I have a differing viewpoint. The pastor died horrifically.For some people that may be the wake up call to get their selves together, like wow life is short,even a pastor someone you would think is covered from such type of things wasn't. I need to get myself right with God. I have seen this happen many times when horrible things happen.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Thanks for the update N&W..... two similiar instances in one week.

Recently another guy was sentenced to killing another N Texas pastor, minding his business writing a sermon!

http://www.seattlepi.com/news/texas...Texas-pastor-s-killing-gets-death-3952984.php

These are attacks against the Body of Christ... I believe that, because it's beyond the death (or martydom) of one person - entire families and congregations are affected; however it should be for better. The enemy is trying to get people scared, frightened to go to church, to get mad at God, to give up... We are living under Grace..

God has already warned us of coming persection...being harmed for no other reason than for being on His side. It will only continue, as per God's Word.

Nice & Wavy

YW, Laela. I know and both had people thinking the worse about them:nono:.

I didn't know about another pastor who died at the hands of someone.

ITA. The attacks are against the Body of Christ. It hurts me to see this and to see the pain and the hurt on the faces of the congregants of these ministers whom people loved. Fear torments...this is true.

Thank you for always being a rock...it's so needed here.

Love you, Laela :love2:

Thanks for the update N&W..... two similiar instances in one week.

Recently another guy was sentenced to killing another N Texas pastor, minding his business writing a sermon!

http://www.seattlepi.com/news/texas...Texas-pastor-s-killing-gets-death-3952984.php

These are attacks against the Body of Christ... I believe that, because it's beyond the death (or martydom) of one person - entire families and congregations are affected; however it should be for better. The enemy is trying to get people scared, frightened to go to church, to get mad at God, to give up... We are living under Grace..

God has already warned us of coming persection...being harmed for no other reason than for being on His side. It will only continue, as per God's Word.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Yes, lady... and when I'd seen one of the members of the church, sprawled out on the grounds of the church bawling her eyes out in sorrow. How deep it must cut the heart, to lose a pastor... Yes, we know absent in the body... God is always in control..... but with oneness of Spirit, we hurt when other Christians are hurting. :nono:

Once again..the pastor, the HEAD of the church was targeted...

It hurts me to see this and to see the pain and the hurt on the faces of the congregants of these ministers whom people loved. :love2:

momi

I believe this is some type of demonic activity...
The pastor that was murdered at World Changers was laid to rest on yesterday.

Nice Lady

I believe the devil wants to put people in apprehension and keep them from gaining ground. Anytime, God is getting ready to do some big things for ; the devil wants Christians to draw back from following God's plan. We need to pray for Body of Christ's leaders safety and protection from the devil's weapons. God's word still is true despite these realities. God is still a protector and refuge. He defeats the devil's plans, period.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Health&hair28... I'm sorry that your thread was disrespected... since when is it assumed money or sex is the cause of the tragic death of a pastor?

Nice & Wavy and Laela, Iwanthealthyhair67, blackpearl1993 and........ thank you for putting the right perspective in here.

I'm holding my peace as my words have far too much power. :nono:

The Body of Christ is under attack and this spirit of murder is rendered null and void, in the Name of Jesus. The enemy's plan shall not prevail and it is turned upon himself and NOT the people of God in Jesus' Name.

This mess is going on in the wrong camp, the devil is ordered to back off, in the name of Jesus; these weapons shall no more prosper nor be set against the Body of Christ in Jesus' Name. It's giving the enemy too much 'confidence' which indeed is a false veil which shall not cloud the wisdom of God from resting upon His Children and yielding the fruits of righteousness upon those who seek and follow Him.

Father place your fenced brazen wall around your people and let them not fall under the hands of the enemy. Protect them no matter where they are, or where they have to be; surround them with your angels who battle for them and secure them from the enemy.

Unto you do we give all glory, all honour, all praise and glory... in Jesus' Name, Amen. It is your Blood Covenant of Protection that we give you full honour and praise for... Amen.

Last edited:

allmundjoi

Health&hair28... I'm sorry that your thread was disrespected... since when is it assumed money or sex is the cause of the tragic death of a pastor?

Nice & Wavy and Laela, Iwanthealthyhair67, blackpearl1993 and........ thank you for putting the right perspective in here.

The Body of Christ is under attack and this spirit of murder is rendered null and void, in the Name of Jesus. The enemy's plan shall not prevail and it is turned upon himself and NOT the people of God in Jesus' Name.

This mess is going on in the wrong camp, the devil is ordered to back off, in the name of Jesus; these weapons shall no more prosper nor be set against the Body of Christ in Jesus' Name. It's giving the enemy too much 'confidence' which indeed is a false veil which shall not cloud the wisdom of God from resting upon His Children and yielding the fruits of righteousness upon those who seek and follow Him.

Father place your fenced brazen wall around your people and let them not fall under the hands of the enemy. Protect them no matter where they are, or where they have to be; surround them with your angels who battle for them and secure them from the enemy.

Unto you do we give all glory, all honour, all praise and glory... in Jesus' Name, Amen. It is your Blood Covenant of Protection that we give you full honour and praise for... Amen.

Disrespected? Really? By suggesting that he (A MAN) may have been beaten to death by a guitar (which is extreme, unusual and sounded personal) could be linked to sex or money? So now pastors are above all the frailties and weaknesses of other men? Please stop Shimmie.

Nice & Wavy

Yes, lady... and when I'd seen one of the members of the church, sprawled out on the grounds of the church bawling her eyes out in sorrow. How deep it must cut the heart, to lose a pastor... Yes, we know absent in the body... God is always in control..... but with oneness of Spirit, we hurt when other Christians are hurting. :nono:

Once again..the pastor, the HEAD of the church was targeted...
Yes, Laela...oh my goodness. My heart was so heavy when I saw that picture of her.:nono: I wouldn't even want to imagine.

I believe this is some type of demonic activity...
The pastor that was murdered at World Changers was laid to rest on yesterday.
I believe that demonic activity is increasing throughout the earth and against God's people because the end is near. We are seeing it...I believe nicola.kirwan said it best "The earth is groaning...". I bet it was so hurtful to see that young man laid to rest yesterday...:nono:

I believe the devil wants to put people in apprehension and keep them from gaining ground. Anytime, God is getting ready to do some big things for ; the devil wants Christians to draw back from following God's plan. We need to pray for Body of Christ's leaders safety and protection from the devil's weapons. God's word still is true despite these realities. God is still a protector and refuge. He defeats the devil's plans, period.
It's very difficult as a leader in the church because you never know when something like this will happen, however, we don't fear because we know where we will go. It's really something though to see this and know that the church has to be on alert, especially during the day when there are only a few people working there..people come in all the time for different things. Crazy....

@Health&hair28... I'm sorry that your thread was disrespected... since when is it assumed money or sex is the cause of the tragic death of a pastor?

@Nice & Wavy and @Laela, @Iwanthealthyhair67, @blackpearl1993 and........ thank you for putting the right perspective in here.

Amen and thank you for this prayer, Shimmie.....Jesus is Lord over His Church!!!

Disrespected? Really? By suggesting that he (A MAN) may have been beaten to death by a guitar (which is extreme, unusual and sounded personal) could be linked to sex or money? So now pastors are above all the frailties and weaknesses of other men? Please stop @Shimmie.
allmundjoi Pastors are not above frailties and weaknesses of men....they are men and women who are here to do a work for the Lord. However, anytime something like this happens, the first thing that people say is that it must be sex, or little boys, or money----even before finding out what happen and that can be disrespectful.:nono:

As a minister, it hurts me when I read this type of thing. I for one would appreciate if people would hear the full story first before making a judgment about it.

allmundjoi

Disrespected? Really? By suggesting that he (A MAN) may have been beaten to death by a guitar (which is extreme, unusual and sounded personal) could be linked to sex or money? So now pastors are above all the frailties and weaknesses of other men? Please stop Shimmie.

My intent was not to disrespect. I was stating the probabilities and realities of situations like this. Honestly, when things like this (deliberately crashing into a building, beating with a musical instrument, etc) happen the probability that the victim knew the attacker, it involved sex/money /drugs is VERY high. The fact that this occurred by a stranger is very, very unusual and I would call it rare, not just uncommon. The fact that this man was a pastor had little bearing on my previous statement. He could have been a mechanic or a doctor and my response would have been the same. In any case, it is a tragic event.

LucieLoo12

Why must we always assume the worst about people? If you think it was about sex and drugs or WHATEVER, keep that to yourself but don't come in here spreading that junk. We as "Christians" should be the first to think pure hearted. I am not mad at anyone in this thread but we really have to do better than this. Do we not know that his church family, natural family and friends or hurting? I love my pastor like a father and if anything like this happened I would be devastated. Why could we not turn this thread into something dealing with prayer instead of such negativity?

I will keep these people in prayer

1 Cor 4:5

Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.

John 7:27

Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment

LucieLoo12

I think this may be a trick of the enemy to get people fearful in the house of God. The church was always meant to be a place of refuge and rest. But now people may be constantly looking over their shoulders or even worse, scared to go to church at all..:nono: But God has not given us a spirit of fear. The devil is a liar...

felic1

This is terrible. How horrifying to the family and church family. If you are dead, even by accident, it was your time to go. It cannot be changed. The whole thing is senseless. Two men dead and families suffering loss. Perhaps the taser was too strong? I do not know much about it ( a taser's strength).

allmundjoi

Why must we always assume the worst about people? If you think it was about sex and drugs or WHATEVER, keep that to yourself but don't come in here spreading that junk. We as "Christians" should be the first to think pure hearted. I am not mad at anyone in this thread but we really have to do better than this. Do we not know that his church family, natural family and friends or hurting? I love my pastor like a father and if anything like this happened I would be devastated. Why could we not turn this thread into something dealing with prayer instead of such negativity?

I will keep these people in prayer

1 Cor 4:5

Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.

John 7:27

Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment

Check yourself ma'am. You assumed the worst. I stated sex & money in have my op. The attacker could have owed the pastor money and refused to pay and became irate. The attacker could have wanted the pastors wife. Idk. 'Sex & money' just meant that may be involved and implies a world of possibilities. No fault was assigned to the pastor (at least in my post). You derived that. You inserted how it was involved.

And I am pleased to announce that I can post anywhere in LHCF. Please feel free to avoid my posts. Heck, block me. Posts are allowed to be ignored and not every post has to be commented on or acknowledged