Mega church pastor beaten to death....

Nice & Wavy

Closing Reflections:

Have you noticed? We know this man, this honourable Pastor, this man of God, yet he is being treasured here among us in this thread.

The enemy is the one who got the 'beat down'.

This Pastor's son, said it all...

"Daddy, I got Mama," the teenager said. "You don't have to worry no more. You did what you had to do on this side.

But you didn't name me Danny Kirk Jr. for no reason. I'm not going to mess up your name. "I didn't know that I'd be a man at 17, but it looks like I'm going to be one, and I'm going to be a good one."

To God be the Glory...

Sweet sleep, eveyone :sleep2:
I have noticed...and its a blessing to know that there are people who truly care about others here on the CF.

Goodnight!

Iwanthealthyhair67

this really made me teary eyed ...

Hi everyone,
I've never posted in the CF before, but I noticed this thread when I was scanning. This murder occurred less than 20 miles from my home, so it's been top of the news every night. I'm posting the link to a great article in the local paper regarding the congregation and family during this tragedy.

I also happen to live less than a mile from where the other pastor was slain as he wrote his sermon.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/1...-forest-hill-church.html#my-headlines-default

Iwanthealthyhair67

AMEN!

In all fairness, at the bolded... when the news broke, the one true fact is someone was killed. All the other variables weren't confirmed or accurate. So of course we'd be discussing the death, its affect, etc, at the hearing of the news. No one knew early on if mental health issues were involved. One thing for sure, is nothing but Good comes from God..He doesn't seek to kill, steal or destroy. So anything that is evil is of the devil. Period. Murder is evil. God is sovereign and nothing happens without Him allowing it.

Let me land and hop off my chariot for a minute.. :lol:

I certainly do understand what you're saying...concerning the comments in read. I won'tt speak for everyone but when I say we must Trust God, that is not to say we shouldn't use our intelligence, Godly wisdom or the talents God gave us. When we trust God, we trust that He sends us the right people, gives us the right tools, etc. Afterall, He did give us wisdom and a mind to use. So with the Godly wisdom we already have, what are we going to do about it?

I agree, blacks folks (generally) don't like to go to the doctors to get checked, don't feel we need medication, etc., Not making excuses, but we must also remember there are also barriers and hurdles, like lack of accessibility to insurance and other programs, poverty and lack of resources that do keep people from getting help they need. Who can they turn to? GOD!
Also, should Christians go to pyschologists who don't believe or care about God to mess with their heads? God forbid, wisdom must apply there as well. There are, thankfully, Christians who use apply their Godly knowledge and wisdom to their crafts. That said, someone's situation could worsen if they go to the wrong doctor or counselor for help with their marriage. For a Christian, Godly counsel is vital in making life decisions. So, YES..trust God that He will guide us to the right people. There it is again..can't get around trusting God ;)

One thing I will also note is that I believe society has gotten so removed from the days of Christ, that things that are demonic in nature gets a label or a "politically correct" name. In the Bible, a person who was "not in their right mind" was under the influence of demons or even possessed. It behooves us to not gloss over that as well....

Last edited:

demlew

Shimmie and Nice & Wavy:
I became misty-eyed as I read everyone’s kind words. Even though I enjoy the other parts of the forum (I’ve grown my hair to just past shoulder-length and I’m all caught up on Hollywood :look:), the more time I spend in the CF, the more it feels like finding shelter during a storm. I feel warm and loved by complete strangers and that’s a testament to the compassion God gave us all to share with others. Even the disagreements have a different vibe here!

On a personal note: I lost my job this past June; it was the first job I was passionate about and believed it would be my career. It still may be – only God knows my path right now. I became depressed as I grieved over the loss; I told my friends I technically counted this position as my first serious relationship - more than any romantic one because I had wanted it since I was twelve, even though I didn’t know what it was called.

Long story short: It’s November 1st and I’m still out of work. I’m in a better place emotionally, but I could use some spiritual help. I’m asking you ladies to please add me to your prayer list and I will add you to mine.

Have a blessed day!

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Shimmie and Nice & Wavy:
I became misty-eyed as I read everyone’s kind words. Even though I enjoy the other parts of the forum (I’ve grown my hair to just past shoulder-length and I’m all caught up on Hollywood :look:), the more time I spend in the CF, the more it feels like finding shelter during a storm. I feel warm and loved by complete strangers and that’s a testament to the compassion God gave us all to share with others. Even the disagreements have a different vibe here!

On a personal note: I lost my job this past June; it was the first job I was passionate about and believed it would be my career. It still may be – only God knows my path right now. I became depressed as I grieved over the loss; I told my friends I technically counted this position as my first serious relationship - more than any romantic one because I had wanted it since I was twelve, even though I didn’t know what it was called.

Long story short: It’s November 1st and I’m still out of work. I’m in a better place emotionally, but I could use some spiritual help. I’m asking you ladies to please add me to your prayer list and I will add you to mine.

Have a blessed day!

You are offically 'embraced' into our hearts and prayers.

As for your job, God has better, He always does. November 1st represents, a brand new beginning, designed just for you.

Welcome to the Life of Trusting God. It's a journey beyond words, yet full of blessings to behold.

:bighug:

LucieLoo12

One thing I will also note is that I believe society has gotten so removed from the days of Christ, that things that are demonic in nature gets a label or a "politically correct" name. In the Bible, a person who was "not in their right mind" was under the influence of demons or even possessed. It behooves us to not gloss over that as well....

Preach!

When society see someone with "Multiple Personality Disorder" or schizophrenia (sp) they think that they just need some meds, but something is seriously wrong there, spiritually.

Nice & Wavy

@Shimmie and @Nice & Wavy:

Have a blessed day!
Sis, God has you in the palms of His hands...everytime He puts His hands in front of Him, He sees you!

Trust Him that He will work out all things for you. Sometimes when we are at that place of weariness...that 11th hour...that's when the Lord gives you what you need...He wants all the glory!!!

I will most certainly keep you in my prayers...Jesus is Lord over your life and your finances!!!

Blackpearl1993

Shimmie and Nice & Wavy:

Have a blessed day!
Sister,

I pray that God pours out a blessing on you. When a door closes, God opens a window (I've even known him to cut through stone walls when necessary :yep:). I pray that you will have peace and that your new opportunity, a fresh wind comes quickly. You are on to bigger and better! :yep:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
This of this Dear Family and Church Community today. Praying for them with a full heart. Father God, restore their joy and help them through this 'heavy' time in their lives.

In Jesus' Name, Amen. :Rose:

Rest in Peace Dear Pastor, Rest in Peace. :Rose: