Mega church pastor beaten to death....

Nice & Wavy

My intent was not to disrespect. I was stating the probabilities and realities of situations like this. Honestly, when things like this (deliberately crashing into a building, beating with a musical instrument, etc) happen the probability that the victim knew the attacker, it involved sex/money /drugs is VERY high. The fact that this occurred by a stranger is very, very unusual and I would call it rare, not just uncommon. The fact that this man was a pastor had little bearing on my previous statement. He could have been a mechanic or a doctor and my response would have been the same. In any case, it is a tragic event.
Allmundjoi, this isn't true. My step-dad died at the hands of someone and he was a good man. He was walking pass the guy and the guy said that he was sent to get him so he hit him in the head with a piece of wood with a nail in it and it killed him.

People don't understand that when they say things like this, how it can affect people in other areas.

Even if he was a mechanic or a doctor, why even say anything about a dead man? We can't go around judging people like this. Suppose someone does it to you about a family member or even you? I know you wouldn't like it...no one can tell me any different.

You are entitled to you opinion I just wish you would think about how it may affect other people before you say things. See how you said those things and then found out you were wrong?

LucieLoo12

Check yourself ma'am. You assumed the worst. I stated sex & money in have my op. The attacker could have owed the pastor money and refused to pay and became irate. The attacker could have wanted the pastors wife. Idk. 'Sex & money' just meant that may be involved and implies a world of possibilities. No fault was assigned to the pastor (at least in my post). You derived that. You inserted how it was involved.

And I am pleased to announce that I can post anywhere in LHCF. Please feel free to avoid my posts. Heck, block me. Posts are allowed to be ignored and not every post has to be commented on or acknowledged

Um, I did not say any names, nor did I quote your post :look:. And you are right, you are free to post where ever you would like to, so am I. :yep: You can avoid mine too. Have a good day!

allmundjoi

Allmundjoi, this isn't true. My step-dad died at the hands of someone and he was a good man. He was walking pass the guy and the guy said that he was sent to get him so he hit him in the head with a piece of wood with a nail in it and it killed him.

People don't understand that when they say things like this, how it can affect people in other areas.

Even if he was a mechanic or a doctor, why even say anything about a dead man? We can't go around judging people like this. Suppose someone does it to you about a family member or even you? I know you wouldn't like it...no one can tell me any different.

You are entitled to you opinion I just wish you would think about how it may affect other people before you say things. See how you said those things and then found out you were wrong?

Please reread my post. I wasn't speaking in absolutes, but in probabilities given the nature of the situation. And no where in my post did I suggest that either party was a 'good man' or 'bad man'.

Sorry for your step father.

allmundjoi

Um, I did not say any names, nor did I quote your post :look:. And you are right, you are free to post where ever you would like to, so am I. :yep: You can avoid mine too. Have a good day!

No names? Well, pray tell, which of the less than 30 posts was it? Right.

Nice & Wavy

Please reread my post. I wasn't speaking in absolutes, but in probabilities given the nature of the situation. And no where in my post did I suggest that either party was a 'good man' or 'bad man'.

Sorry for your step father.
Thank you, allmundjoi.

I knew you were not speaking in absolutes in that post, but even in probabilities we need to be mindful. I am the one that said that my step-dad was a 'good man' I know you didn't state that, that was what I was sharing about the situation with my family member.

Now, suppose there is a member on here who is a member of that church and that was her pastor. How would that make you feel if she came in and made a post stating how hurt she is because she read your post and the posts of others. I would feel so bad knowing that she feels so bad that not only are people saying things about him and how he died, but about his character as well. It's not right, allmundjoi and there are times, yes even like this, where an apology should be made.

allmundjoi

Thank you, allmundjoi.

I knew you were not speaking in absolutes in that post, but even in probabilities we need to be mindful. I am the one that said that my step-dad was a 'good man' I know you didn't state that, that was what I was sharing about the situation with my family member.

Now, suppose there is a member on here who is a member of that church and that was her pastor. How would that make you feel if she came in and made a post stating how hurt she is because she read your post and the posts of others. I would feel so bad knowing that she feels so bad that not only are people saying things about him and how he died, but about his character as well. It's not right, allmundjoi and there are times, yes even like this, where an apology should be made.

Apologize? For what? No, I will not apologize for my op. I am not sure what land you all live in because you speak as if you are so insulated you do not know the realities and truths of thus world. This appeared as a crime of passion (the ferociousness of the attack). Per history, people kill predominantly for money (power) and/or sex. To SUGGEST that this may be the motives involved in this vicious attack is not malicious, erroneous or a moment to reflect & apologize. So, no apology will spill from this fingers wrt that.

Nice & Wavy

Apologize? For what? No, I will not apologize for my op. I am not sure what land you all live in because you speak as if you are so insulated you do not know the realities and truths of thus world. This appeared as a crime of passion (the ferociousness of the attack). Per history, people kill predominantly for money (power) and/or sex. To SUGGEST that this may be the motives involved in this vicious attack is not malicious, erroneous or a moment to reflect & apologize. So, no apology will spill from this fingers wrt that.
Do as you wish, allmundjoi. Your words will show who you really are.:nono:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
My intent was not to disrespect. I was stating the probabilities and realities of situations like this. Honestly, when things like this (deliberately crashing into a building, beating with a musical instrument, etc) happen the probability that the victim knew the attacker, it involved sex/money /drugs is VERY high. The fact that this occurred by a stranger is very, very unusual and I would call it rare, not just uncommon. The fact that this man was a pastor had little bearing on my previous statement. He could have been a mechanic or a doctor and my response would have been the same. In any case, it is a tragic event.

Where's your compassion that a man died? This should have been anyone's initial response rather than such a cold and misguided projection of this man's character to be negative, which turned out to be disproven.

There are sick and crazy people in this world, those who harm the innocent both unknown to each other. Unfortunately this occurs far too often followed by the lack of compassion of a lost life just because the person happens to be a Pastor or associated with the Church is some way...

This maddess has to stop. :nono:

allmundjoi

Where's your compassion that a man died? This should have been anyone's initial response rather than such a cold and misguided projection of this man's character to be negative, which turned out to be disproven.

There are sick and crazy people in this world, those who harm the innocent both unknown to each other. Unfortunately this occurs far too often followed by the lack of compassion of a lost life just because the person happens to be a Pastor or associated with the Church is some way...

This maddess has to stop. :nono:

Whoa. Loss of compassion because he'd a pastor? Where? How? Ok. Smh.

I do gave compassion for this man and his family, but to apologize for suggesting common and obvious motives for a passionate-appearing killing? No. Where do y'all live? How do y'all get through the day? Smh.

Avidprayer

I'm relatively new and although I primarily lurk as I like to become familiar with new environments before engaging myself in them, I would like to post that from what I have read and discovered on the forums thus far this area of the forum (the Christian part) is the most drenched (and I mean that positively) in love that I have ever seen. I appreciate the way that even if one doesn't agree with another member everyone still walks in love and accepts others opinions as gracefully as one can WITHOUT taking down their own standard.

I would like to add that I feel very bad for the pastor's family and church family who are now experiencing the aftereffects of a lost loved one, and I pray that the Lord helps them through this time. I also just occurred to me while typing this that these types of situations are why we as Christians and those in leadership as a whole are expected to live lives as blamelessly as possible before men. I am not saying in any way shape or form that the Pastor did anything deserving of this, and it is my hope and prayer that he didn't.

I pray that the Lord blesses his family and his church family with peace during this time and covers them all with the blood of Jesus Christ. I also pray for a smooth transition in the leadership of the church and that the family would not feel betrayed by the congregation because the ministry has to continue.

Thank you ladies for the example of love that you're showing, I really needed to see this today.

Be Blessed Everyone!!!!!

Shimmie

Staff member
Whoa. Loss of compassion because he'd a pastor? Where? How? Ok. Smh.

I do gave compassion for this man and his family, but to apologize for suggesting common and obvious motives for a passionate-appearing killing? No. Where do y'all live? How do y'all get through the day? Smh.

It's called rightly discerning a situation. That's how we live.

Shimmie

Staff member
I'm relatively new and although I primarily lurk as I like to become familiar with new environments before engaging myself in them, I would like to post that from what I have read and discovered on the forums thus far this area of the forum (the Christian part) is the most drenched (and I mean that positively) in love that I have ever seen. I appreciate the way that even if one doesn't agree with another member everyone still walks in love and accepts others opinions as gracefully as one can WITHOUT taking down their own standard.

I would like to add that I feel very bad for the pastor's family and church family who are now experiencing the aftereffects of a lost loved one, and I pray that the Lord helps them through this time. I also just occurred to me while typing this that these types of situations are why we as Christians and those in leadership as a whole are expected to live lives as blamelessly as possible before men. I am not saying in any way shape or form that the Pastor did anything deserving of this, and it is my hope and prayer that he didn't.

I pray that the Lord blesses his family and his church family with peace during this time and covers them all with the blood of Jesus Christ. I also pray for a smooth transition in the leadership of the church and that the family would not feel betrayed by the congregation because the ministry has to continue.

Thank you ladies for the example of love that you're showing, I really needed to see this today.

Be Blessed Everyone!!!!!

Avidprayer...

:welcome3:

Thank you for such a beautiful compliment to our Christian Forum. :flowers:

Love,
Shimmie

Shimmie

Staff member
I believe this is some type of demonic activity...
The pastor that was murdered at World Changers was laid to rest on yesterday.

I believe the devil wants to put people in apprehension and keep them from gaining ground. Anytime, God is getting ready to do some big things for ; the devil wants Christians to draw back from following God's plan. We need to pray for Body of Christ's leaders safety and protection from the devil's weapons. God's word still is true despite these realities. God is still a protector and refuge. He defeats the devil's plans, period.

Thank you ...

Shimmie

Staff member
I think this may be a trick of the enemy to get people fearful in the house of God. The church was always meant to be a place of refuge and rest. But now people may be constantly looking over their shoulders or even worse, scared to go to church at all..:nono: But God has not given us a spirit of fear. The devil is a liar...

This is definitely an attack upon the Church. All the more to be in 'high' worship in the House of God, instead of being fearful. The enemy runs from the praises of God.

Each time in the Bible when the children of God gave a shout and high praises, the enemies were subdued, walls fell, victories were achieved.

All the more, praises unto God, in the Houses of Praise.

In Jesus' Name, Amen.

:pray:

SummerSolstice

Sounds like a hit to me. I always side-eye when people say that the killer was not right in the head a few days before... thats soooo weird and it never gets addressed

Rainbow Dash

Very sad...this is a picture of the pastor and his family. Also the quote is from his son. :nono:

"My dad [is the] best guy ever," said Danny Kirk Jr., the pastor's son. "I mean, anything I needed, anything the church needed, he was going to do. [He was the] best guy ever on this side of heaven, I promise you that much."

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Pictures don't lie.. you can see the happiness in the young man's eyes and from his own words, he seemed to have had a great relationship with his dad.

I always emphathize with PKs because of the unnecesssary burdens (and often unrealistic expectations) others put on them b/c their parents are preachers. Nice photo!

Very sad...this is a picture of the pastor and his family. Also the quote is from his son. :nono:

"My dad [is the] best guy ever," said Danny Kirk Jr., the pastor's son. "I mean, anything I needed, anything the church needed, he was going to do. [He was the] best guy ever on this side of heaven, I promise you that much."

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Beautiful prayer and I agree, Amein~

Be blessed as welll......

Iwanthealthyhair67

I'm amazed that he knew most of his members first names in such a large church, to me that speaks of the care that he had for people

Shimmie

Staff member

This just breaks my heart; such a beautiful family. I can't begin to imagine how his wife and son are hurting right now. Now the 'son' becomes the 'Man of the House' to take care of his mom. Looking at this man's family picture, and thinking of the horrid torture that he endured being so unjustly attacked.

Lord have mercy...this hurts. I'm not even 'there' and yet this hurts.

Shimmie

Staff member
Shimmie it it's any consolation it's suppose to hurt we are apart of the body ...

I look at their picture and I feel as if I know them

Thanks 'Healthy Hair'... I receive that.

And Sis, you are so on point, as I felt as if I 'knew' them as well, when I saw their picture. That just hurts all the more.

And to think I was having a 'pity-party' just because the power went out during the storm. It was barely 36 hours that we were without power. This brings me to a place of personal conviction...:nono:

Last edited: