MegaTek.... Any horror stories?

sensi sweetie

*MegaTek challenge participants beware!*

So, like many on here I have recently become intrigued by MegaTek. We have all read the rave reviews, but has anyone had any not so desirable results from using MT?

Aireen

I'm curious too, I always think all that protein applied to the scalp all the time will break off my hair. :sad:

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
I haven't read any real horror stories AND I have used MT for about 6 mos now with no problems.

ezina

No horror story here. It's been sweet sailing for me so far. :D

I have been using Mega-Tek for a little over a year now; I co-wash like a madwoman and take garlic pills as preventative measures against shedding.

Poopiedo

besides being teased about the smell :perplexed ihavent read anything bad about it.

Why would they tease you about the smell? It smells like pineapples and coconut to me.

I don't have any horror stories to report and I've been using it for six months.

mostamaziing

Hi I'm Chrissy (✿◠‿◠)
Why would they tease you about the smell? It smells like pineapples and coconut to me.

I don't have any horror stories to report and I've been using it for six months.

:look: iguess im thinking about another growth aid thats said to smell like bacon :ohwell:

NaturalBoss

Are you talking about MTG?

Yeah, MTG smells like bacon.

I think MegaTek smells good and people have told me that my hair smells good when I used it. I only used it for a short time because it didn't seem to do anything extra. I'm very impatient though...It might work.

Shadiyah

well I have hair that really don't lik protien so I did get a protien overload and a little set back when I was using it. I have learned to keep it really simple even with the sulfur because that is not good on my hair either.

D.Lisha

I've gotta agree. Mega-tek smell's really good :)
As for my story, i've had it since...hmmm...i'd say around October of last year..didn't really get serious about using it until November. No complaints thus far...I think it's a major part of why my NG is flourishing as we speak. It's only been 9 weeks, but my NG is lookin like a full-blown 12 weeks post :perplexed:
I refuse to let a relaxer touch my hair until I hit that 12-week mark ,though....we'll see if I can hold out until then.

metro_qt

I got great growth spurts while using it.
I used it for over a year.
I'm just not into my hair as much as i used to be (wiggin it), but i still have another bottle left, and would not hesitate to bring it back into my hair regimen...

SimJam

when I used it I had no probs(when relaxed). mixed it with coconut oil and aloe vera juice.

I found that my hair got thicker, shinier and sleeker ... didnt give me a huge growth spurt, though i didnt rlly mind. it made my hair more healthy so it was all good

I don't feel like it does much to help my hair grow. Not really a horror story, merely just a disappointment. Though it does definitely smell lovely, and I may as well continue using every now and then until I finish my current bottle. But I probably won't buy anymore, for the simple fact that it costs so much and doesn't work for me as a growth aid.

CurlyMoo

Yes I have one. I told a friend about my success with this product and she wanted in. I got it for her. I told her right out the gate, you must have clean hair when using this as a conditioner so that the product can penetrate. What does she tell me? "Well I already have some stuff in my hair so I will use it now and see what happens." :look:

3 months later I hadn't heard from her and I ask what's up and she tells me it gave her horrible headaches and that she had to stop using it. :nono: I asked her if she mixed it with anything and if she tried using it on clean hair that had not other products, she said she didn't add anyting to it and she had tried twice with a clean head and that again it gave her headaches. I told her she may be allergic to something in it and that I would look to see what it may be, she tells me she's allergic to everything anyhow and that she has reactions to many things that most people don't.

So I looked at the ingredients again and I realize that when she said she's allergic to everything I will assume she's allergic to fish. Well Megatek has Marine Protein in it so that is a fish product right there. Perhaps this was causing her headaches. So I would like to know if there are any users allergic to fish having the same problem? If not take this as a warning. MEGATEK HAS FISH PRODUCTS IN IT!

Example: Marine Protein

ETA: I just made a seperate thread to warn those with fish allergies. And I just got off the phone with my nut bird friend and she said she's not allergic to fish.:drunk: Oh well, at least I'm happy with it.:ohwell: :grin:

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I *HEART* Mega-Tek and consider it a 'staple'. I will always have it in my Stash.:yep:

But I agree with the other Poster. I noticed that with continued use, by scalp can become slightly 'tender to the touch'.:sad:

So, I try to rotate it. I do 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off. I apply straight on the scalp about a finger tip.

But I must rotate it about every couple weeks with something else.

Jewell

LOL I dnt know why I let my curiosity get the best of me...I just LITERALLY got my MegaTek in the mail last nite, and applied some last nite to a clean, dry scalp. Got up, CW'd today and it was the first thing to touch my scalp. I hope it works for me...but I won't be too disappointed if it doesn't b/c I'm having a hard time stomaching $28-30 per 16 oz. bottle of this stuff as thick as my hair is. Hmmm we shall see!

P.S. It does smell heavenly! I hope it doesn't cause scalp soreness, as my scalp is already tender at times due to keeping my hair braided most of the time. No problems with MT yet but it is too early to tell. :ohwell:

Last edited:

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
i used it while in a weave and it caused my new growth to matt and tangle. i lost some hair as a result. (this was after one application)

i didn't see any results in the hair that was left out of the weave either. it made my hair hard. (fyi my hair loves protein, so i am not sure why it didn't like megatek)

i gave the bottle away after one use.

i am not anti megatek though. it just doesn't work for my hair. i think my hair is too fine and the weight of the product must not agree with my hair strand's diameter.

ezina

I had protein overload and breakage, I emptied the rest down the toilet :(

Egh! Don't toss it! Send it my way. Mega-Tek is a valued commodity in my home! This goes for anyone thinking of throwing away their unfinished Mega-Tek. PM me. I'm serious...:look: