Megatek vs protein treatment

nadiacurly

Hello!

I was thinking: How is it that my hair loves the megatek as a deep treatment and hates other protein treatments like nexuss emergencee and aphogee 2 step?? I really dont get it. With the last 2 my hair gets straw like frizzy even after a moisturizing treatment. But with the Megatek i can use it as a deep treatment and my hair shines and starts to look healthy again?
(i've got 3a/3b hair and my hair is color treated)

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
Could be the type of protein and/or the added ingredients in those formulas. I find Aphogee 2-step makes my hair a little crunchy which requires a THIRD step of a moisturizing conditioner.

che1219

Hello!

I was thinking: How is it that my hair loves the megatek as a deep treatment and hates other protein treatments like nexuss emergencee and aphogee 2 step?? I really dont get it. With the last 2 my hair gets straw like frizzy even after a moisturizing treatment. But with the Megatek i can use it as a deep treatment and my hair shines and starts to look healthy again?
(i've got 3a/3b hair and my hair is color treated)

Could you please tell me exactly how you are using the megatek, I got some a couple of months ago and have not used it yet. I know some people put it on their scalp like grease and either leave it on or wash it out the next day. Not sure how I want to use it yet, which is why I haven't gotten around to using it.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
Che - check out the very first post in the 2010 OCT/Megatek challenge. There are some great directions in that thread on how to use the product.

I did a general search and found the recipe I am using which is MT, JBCO, Aloe Vera and EOs.

Hope that helps.

nadiacurly

hi

I just use it as a co-wash and as a deep treatment. Every time i follow up with a moisturizing conditioner (Curl junkie Rehab).
I put it in my hair and on my scalp (massage) and then i wash it out. I tried to put it on my scalp and leave it on (mixed with vatika oil) but i got a lot of shedding. So i stopped immediatly after that. Now i put it on and rinse it off. For a maximum of 20 minutes.
That has been working for me. My hair was extremely damaged and the megatek is doing wonders for me. I'm using it now for 6 weeks. So far so good.

che1219

Thank You ladies, I think I will use it like a DC as well and leave it on for 20-30 mins and then follow it up with a moisturizing conditioner.