Men who love women with hair

Mestiza

CurleeDST said:
Oh yeah most definitely. That was just the first thing they could think of they felt would be hurtful.

Exactly! I don't understand why some people do that. If someone isn't interested, then just keep it moving.

punchinella

CurleeDST said:
A long time ago a girlfriend of mine and I were walking downtown Atlanta with our boyfriends following a few feet behind us. We BOTH wore our hair extremely short (boy barber cut short and natural).

These guys came past us and were trying to holla and when we "dissed" them they immediately called us lesbians. That happened again 3 years later while living in DC. THis guy was trying to holla at me and I "dissed" him and so he resulted to calling me a lesbian again.

I do know for a FACT many men find short hair on women sexy and find the women exude confidence. When I would get a fresh cut I would walk through a club and it never failed..at least ONE set of hands would touch the back of my head and slide down to my neck b/c they loved the way it looked and found the short hair sexy.

In the end I think it is how the woman carries herself. Look at Kelis - she just cut her hair off and many men find her sexy as all get out.

My brother loves women with short or long hair as long as it's neat. He was in love with Toni Braxton when she used to wear her hair short, my niece wanted to get hair cut like Toni's my brother said okay as long as she kept the style neat.
You can have waistlength hair but if it looks a hot mess I don't think too many men are going to get crazy over that. :look:

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
CityGirl said:
Why is it that men love women with long hair?
Because we as women love ourselves with long hair, so why wouldn't they? :D

But I agree with what other ladies have pointed out...not all men love just women with long hair.

Last edited:

Denim And Leather

TSUprincess04 said:
Okay, this is the 2nd time that I've been in the midst of some confusion, and I don't like being attacked :lol: I was just going by what her SO said "long hair is beautiful and feminine and that's what men like unless they're not into women." The "unless they're not into women" part had me kinda confused because it seems that he was saying that if a guy doesn't like long hair, then he must not be into women. That's the part I disagreed with. If he meant something else by it, then please explain.

Anyway, I'm gonna just leave it alone because I don't want this going any further than it has to, and I hate arguing. I was just stating why I disagreed with him, that's all.

I wasn't attacking you either, that's something I definitely don't like doing to anyone, and I'm sorry that you took it that way. :( I just felt that you were being too sensitive over what Mestiza's SO said, and about long hair being feminine in general.

Anyhoo, you explained where you were coming from, and I'm sorry if you felt that I was coming down on you. :kiss:

InJesusName

I had to jump in on this one! My hubby (like others) likes HEALTHY hair. Though I have heard him make comments about women who are natural (which I ALWAYS get onto him about--we are beautiful whether natural or relaxed), he just likes a woman who is neat and put together. He tends to be fascinated by black women with long hair b/c it is rare to find black women these days who just don't go out and buy it. He has even made comments about women who are trying to hold on to unhealthy length. Recently, when I had to cut my hair after some major damage, he helped me dry my tears and told me he liked me with it "short". I'M the one with the fascination! Why do you think I am on this board?:lol:

firecracker

In my experience men like all types of hair lengths. I have had short and long hair. I always got attention from men either way. :lol: I think they liked my long legs not my hair.

Sweetcoco82

firecracker said:
In my experience men like all types of hair lengths. I have had short and long hair. I always got attention from men either way. :lol: I think they liked my long legs not my hair.

:lol: I hear you on the long legs bit. I dont think my husband pays that much attention to my hair unless its a wreck. I seem to always have a silk scarf or something covering my hair anyways. And it stays in a bun unless i am washing it. He's busy looking my other body parts.:lol:

Cooyah

Originally Posted by neonbright
High heels men love, big boxxs men love, and long hair men love.

One word 3 letters and the word starts with a S.

and there you have folks

Dee-Licious

recently I was standing at my bar fixing something and a male friend came up and just started running his hands through and playing in my hair all of a sudden... I was like R what'up with you.. and he was just said "I have a hair fetish; I love hair!" :lachen: Mind you my hair was down and looking a mess from being airdried hanging straight. I thought it was hilarious and just shook my head laughing at him for being his normal foolish self!!

Last night my cousin and I had a late night discussion on dudes and hair. She is growing her hair out now :D :D (Im so excited!!!!) The subject came up that a lot of our dude friends give me impromptu scalp messages and play in my hair the rare times I wear it out, she said she was mad (jokingly of course) that she wears her hair out more but her hair is shorter and the guys don't play in hers.

**Her hair is WAY THICKER than mine... I can only wish!!!!

mermaid

CityGirl said:
Ladies,

Why is it that men love women with long hair? Have any of you noticed the extra attention you get when you wear your hair out, or when your hair is blowing in the wind beind you? Why do you think men go :eek: over women who have long hair? I'm curious about what you ladies think.

Long, Healthy hair to all.
I once read something tht said of men who cheat, something like 90% do it with a woman who has longer hair than their wife/gf.:ohwell:

Mestiza

mermaid said:
I once read something tht said of men who cheat, something like 90% do it with a woman who has longer hair than their wife/gf.:ohwell:

Wow!
I guess the majority of men really do love it long.

mermaid

Mestiza said:
Wow!
I guess the majority of men really do love it long.
But remember, that's the number from men who CHEAT.
Who wants them anyway? They be dogs and superficial.:)

MizAvalon

mermaid said:

I wonder if this is really true? IDK why but I immediately cracked up when I read it!:lachen: I guess it does make some sense, but at the same time it's still a little crazy.

Last edited:

SherryLove

mermaid said:

SherryLove wants so badly to say something, but she is going to take the fifth!!!!LOL.......

MzTami

Hellerrrr
dynamic1 said:
Interesting thread. When my hair was very short I got lots of attention from men. However, I didn't feel great about some of the in between lengths during the grow out stage. I notice I get more negative attention with longer hair (when I wear it out). I think if a women has a nice style and great confidence men will be attracted to her long hair or not. For example, I used to feel subconscious about wearing my hair in a bun, and I don't recall getting a lot of love either. But when I got past it, so did everyone else. ;)
I too agree. I recently did the BC and I get a lot of attention from men and women. I get kind of shy when men flirt with me because I'm not confident about my short hair, but they seem to not mind. Also, I've had a few women tell me that they like my hair and it was cute. I'm confused because I don't see what others are seeing. :lol:

JustKiya

*grins* I find it interesting that through this whole thread, only one person mentioned the most obvious reason men like long hair - it's like perky boobs and full hips - an obvious sign of health, and therefore potential fertility, and therefore - the poor men usually don't have much choice in having their heads turned. The power of the reproductive drive controls a LOT of what was classically considered to be 'beautiful' and feminine.
We all know that if we aren't HEALTHY - our hair and nails are going to be the first thing that suffers - so a head fulla long hair is a clear sign (at least to the subbrain) that a woman is healthy (at least it was before the days of weaves - I think that's a large reason so many men don't like weaves - it 'feels' like it's hiding disease to them) and can pop out and nurse a couple of babies.

PaperClip

nappywomyn said:
*grins* I find it interesting that through this whole thread, only one person mentioned the most obvious reason men like long hair - it's like perky boobs and full hips - an obvious sign of health, and therefore potential fertility, and therefore - the poor men usually don't have much choice in having their heads turned. The power of the reproductive drive controls a LOT of what was classically considered to be 'beautiful' and feminine.
We all know that if we aren't HEALTHY - our hair and nails are going to be the first thing that suffers - so a head fulla long hair is a clear sign (at least to the subbrain) that a woman is healthy (at least it was before the days of weaves - I think that's a large reason so many men don't like weaves - it 'feels' like it's hiding disease to them) and can pop out and nurse a couple of babies.

Exactly. It's more than just sexuality... .it's about the man's innate desire to procreate.

MizaniMami

nappywomyn said:

Tell it!:yep: I so agree with this.

It's like the whole "Frued" thing. Sexualilty drives us.

Sweetcoco82

nappywomyn said:

So true. When my dh met me i had just BC'd and had short hair. He didn't mind. It got longer and longer then i relaxed it. He was always in my hair. When i mentioned to him that i wanted to cut it short again he just about had a heart attack. I was like when you proposed to me my hair was short and now you got a problem with it. He said now since he's seen it long it just wont be the same.:perplexed I did cut it from just about bra stap length to a few inches below my chin in a blunt cut and he didn't mind that. He just didn't want my hair as short as his. To him a women with the same length hair as his is not sexy in his eyes. When i met him my hair was in cornrows for 1 year straight. I only took it out to wash it then it was redone hours later. So he never saw my hair out when it was very short.

Cooyah

nappywomyn said:

PREACH GIRL, PREACH

kitchen_tician

I've definitely noticed this just this past week. Balisi did an awesome flat iron for me and I've been wearing it sleek all week. I've gotten much more attention since I've worn it this way. My bf even seems more intune to me. :look: :grin:

Call it vain, but actually, I've noticed that I wasn't getting as much attention since I've been transitioning and I wondered why. :ohwell: Not that I need the extra attention, but it was something I noticed, since I've always had it. I mostly wear wigs, phoney ponys or a bushy braid out, but I really miss my flowing silky hair. :look:

ITA with the sexuality/healthy theory when it comes to men. :)

PaperClip

I think men just like a LOT of healthy hair, be it long and silky or big and full curls/coils/twists/kinks.... I think the specific long hair phenomenon is due to conditioning, e.g., media, societal influences.

MissMarie

***sigh***
RelaxerRehab said:
I think men just like a LOT of healthy hair, be it long and silky or big and full curls/coils/twists/kinks.... I think the specific long hair phenomenon is due to conditioning, e.g., media, societal influences.

I agree.
Big hair is just as much a sign of good internal health and hygiene habits as long hair. Long hair, hair that hangs is more of a culturally specific preference.

I actually get way more positive attention when my hair is nappy, bushy and huge than when I flat iron it straight. I almost always get compliments with braidouts and wash-and-go's but rarely ever hear anything when straightened. Probably because huge nappy hair is more rare around here than black women with long hair.

JustKiya

/thread hijack

MissMarie: Girl, can I tell you I can't wait to get home and look at your fotki - all that nappy hair!!!!!!

/end hijack

melodee

bmoreflyygirl said:
Long beautiful hair is associated with femininity. I don't think it's racial. All races like long hair. I think it's just overemphasized in the Black community because it's a rarity.

ITA bmore! And yes, I do get soooooo much more positive feedback and attention when my hair is down.

My hubby is a rarity. My hubby wasn't necessarily looking for the long hair, just light hair (mine was dyed when he met me, and he liked to effect it gave). He loves long hair, but also likes the fierce short cuts his mom used to rock.:)