Men with relaxed/texturized hair

kittykhat

I believe they have a right just like we do. But I don't like long hair or straight hair on black guys. No racial.

imaccami

I don't like it. I also don't like it when men have waxed eyebrows or are supposedly wearing chapstick but it's so shiny it looks like clear lipgloss.

I don't like long hair on guys period.

ctosha

For some reason it just disturbing to see a man with a perm I don't care how luscious his hair is.

BostonMaria

When I met my DH he was in braids so I didn't know what was underneath...
One day he came over my house and his hair was out. I was mortified to say the least, but by then we were getting serious LOL Lucky for him! Otherwise.. LOL I asked him why he'd do such a thing (he's soo not a pretty boy) and he was confused, didn't know what a relaxer was. The dummy didn't know that the slore (don't like her) doing his hair was putting a relaxer in to make it easier on her to braid his hair. Anyway he was not allowed to let it flow freely around me. I told him it was GHEY.

Two years after we got married he got his hair cut bald. He then let his hair grow long again, but he is NOT allowed to put a relaxer on his hair. I told him that if he puts a relaxer in his hair again he's not allowed to touch me LOL

PJaye

I find it difficult to take a man with long hair seriously unless it is well manicured dreds; and one that has a relaxer, texturizer, blow-dry, press-n-curl, corn rows, extensions, etc. typically makes me cringe. Still, to each one’s own…just don’t be surprised if I ask you to arch my eyebrows.

iri9109

grown men can do whatever they want...but my man (when i get one :look:)wont be partaking in that foolishness.

its almost 2011 and no grown man should have long hair unless its locked...your loose hair shouldnt be longer than mine, and i cant take you seriously if you're a male over the age of 5 and you with hair in a ponytail or even worse, braids.:ohwell::perplexed:nono:

fitnessmommy

I remember a lot of boys in high school getting S-Curl kits in their hair. I never liked it... never seemed manly to me. Bone-laxed hair on a man is even worse.

iri9109

i'm not a fan of men with relaxers, however, Real from 'Real Chance of Love' on VH-1 was my boo (on the right). I would play in his hair all day! :yep:

the both look extra zesty. *3 snaps in a z-formation* :look: i have a problem with men that have better groomed eyebrows than me...

TamedTresses

i'm not a fan of men with relaxers, however, Real from 'Real Chance of Love' on VH-1 was my boo (on the right). I would play in his hair all day! :yep:

I don't like to see men with relaxed hair, but if it is relaxed...does it really have to be put in spirals too? :perplexed They both get the *side-eye* from me. The jury is still out on both of them.

iri9109

I don't like to see men with relaxed hair, but if it is relaxed...does it really have to be put in spirals too? :perplexed They both get the *side-eye* from me. The jury is still out on both of them.

hello!!! and then real be makin the flat twist headband/halo's too! you dont think they look a bit suspect?:

but this right hurr makes me just mad and full of hair envy:

vainღ♥♡jane

ღ♥♡honey chile♡♥ღ
pass on the relaxers. that pimptastic mess is played out. just bama as hell. i had a 30 year old coworker who would be late every week because he was gettin his hurr done or curled. one time he even came in with the rollers still in the rollerset.

see. COUNTRY. ♥

sj73

I'm responding to this thread without reading all of the responses, but I MUST say, I grew up in a household that if a man did more than shampoo and brushed his hair, it wasn't masculine at all. I remember seeing Al Sharpton during the presidential debates several years ago with his relaxed hair and thought "does this dude really think people are going to elect a president with that hair--representing our country?" Hope I don't offend anyone.:perplexed

sj73

pass on the relaxers. that pimptastic mess is played out. just bama as hell. i had a 30 year old coworker who would be late every week because he was gettin his hurr done or curled. one time he even came in with the rollers still in the rollerset.

see. COUNTRY. ♥

:lachen::lol::lachen::lol:

kmn1980

Emoticons don't affect me
How do you feel about men that have chemically altered their hair? Would you "allow"/encourage it?

I just found out my cousin texturizes his hair and I feel some sorta way.:ohwell: We were at our grandmothers house over Thanksgiving and somehow it came up, he was like "Yeah, I get a relaxer ever 4-6 months, but I dont leave it on too long though." I literally made this face:perplexed and said "You know I'm judging you right?. He laughed it off, but I feel some sorta way about a grown man relaxing/texturizing their hair.

Nope. I perceive them as country/ghetto and automatically think about the scene in Malcolm X after he got his first perm and said, "oooh weee! Looks white don't it?"

BonBon

Does the long hair thing only apply to Black men? There's plenty of non black or other black cultured males that have long hair for self expression, for traditional reasons or just because they like that.

Halle has a short *** cut and Amber has a buzzed bald head and they wear trousers a lot. I spose they are lesbians and should get a weave pronto and buy some flowery dresses while they are at it:yawn:

iri9109

Does the long hair thing only apply to Black men? There's plenty of non black or other black cultured males that have long hair for self expression, for traditional reasons or just because they like that.

Halle has a short *** cut and Amber has a buzzed bald head and they wear trousers a lot. I spose they are lesbians and should get a weave pronto and buy some flowery dresses while they are at it:yawn:

for me i dont like long hair on any grown man of any race...you might get a pass from me if you cant cut it because of religious or cultural/traditional reasons.

&amber rose really was a lesbian b4 yeezy taught her.:look: not that that has anything to do with her hair (plus, it used to be long) but, i'm just sayin.

maxineshaw

grown men can do whatever they want...but my man (when i get one :look:)wont be partaking in that foolishness.

its almost 2011 and no grown man should have long hair unless its locked...your loose hair shouldnt be longer than mine, and i cant take you seriously if you're a male over the age of 5 and you with hair in a ponytail or even worse, braids.:ohwell::perplexed:nono:

I like a man with long hair/braids (eta: and I'm quite partial to locs, just not too long like MBL locs). I just don't like it straightened/conked out unless that his natural texture. Just as long as it looks nice and is clean.

I think men of other cultures are pretty much the same...or perhaps they have it a little harder. It's not like it's okay for them to "hide" behind braids.

kmn1980

Emoticons don't affect me

Even though I only like long hair if it's in locs, for me the issue is a BM putting a PCJ on his head. I've seen BM with one big afro puff and I think even that is better than an S-Curl kiddie kit or Mizani on a grown man's head.

kittikat24

I've always thought men should look masculine/rugged...so that as a woman, my femininity is seen as a nice contrast. So when a guys hair is chemically altered and eyebrows perfectly done, I'd honestly feel a little bit insecure!!

So my answer is no. Natural hair is the most flattering for men, imo.

Oasis

grabbing life by the pussy

i actually like long hair on men. 'speically some long dreads pulled back in a bun?:lick:.long relaxed hair tho? absolutely not!:nono: there is something in my spirit telling me it just ain't right.

Aireen

NO no no no no no, I would not encourage it at all. To me, men with relaxers are an automatic turn off and from what I've seen it's never well kept anyway to even allow some leniency. It's a little sexist, yes, but there are things that men find that women shouldn't do because it equates to masculinity. Well this is something I think men should completely avoid due to its relation to femininity.

Last edited: