MHM Hangout

Guinan

Re-Branding
I'm having a so-so wash day. My problem area was a pain today. I have to cut out two large knots. My problem area on the right side wasn't too bad b/c I experimented with using ACV to help with the knots; and surprisingly it worked!! So next time, when I get another knot I will spray ACV and let it sit then tackle the knot again. I'm currently pre-pooing with water and olive oil. I'm not going to DC overnight b/c today is my protein day. I'm going to comb out my hair tomorrow and then bun until next Thursday. If my hair doesn't look too bad, I'll post a LC.

faithVA

Doing my last wash of the week, I hope :look: I still had mud in my hair and not sure when I'm rinsing it out.

I did an Olaplex treatment, shampooed with Creme of Nature and DCd with Teraveda Organix Quinao conditioner. I put in the mud about 2 hours ago and will rinse it out around 1. I'm not sure what I am going to put in it. Am I going to use gel? or what? :perplexed:

faithVA

Rinsed out the mud and my hair was smooth and soft. I think leaving it on longer and being more generous with the ACV helped. I saw more definition with the mud on. With the mud on I tried to work through some of the webbing at my roots. That's probably going to take several weeks to work through.

I used the Curl Magic which worked nicely. I worked it through. I actually had curls just raking it through. But I did the shake to compare. With this gel the raking is better.

It's way past bedtime so I'm trying pineappling for the first time. I have 8 mini pineapples. I put on my plastic cap and my bonnet. I will see if there is any hope tomorrow. Worse case scenario I just put in flat twist.

Guinan

Re-Branding
I can't believe i still have hair on my head. My hair is shedding like crazy. I really hope this stops soon. Ive been diligent in taking my iron. The shedding pic is about 3-4 days worth; the last time i did mhm was monday. Attached are pics of the shedding and a lc. On the bright side, i gained an inch in the front and gained bout 1/2 inch in the back. Im officially three inches away from mbl!!

Sorry i keep talking about this shedding. No one knows that I've been losing my hair except my mom and you guys.

Attachments

• rps20161001_120139.jpg
    rps20161001_120139.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 240
  • rps20161001_120043.jpg
    rps20161001_120043.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 13
  • rps20161001_120209.jpg
    rps20161001_120209.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 15
  • rps20161001_120237.jpg
    rps20161001_120237.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:

faithVA

I can't believe i still have hair on my head. My hair is shedding like crazy. I really hope this stops soon. Ive been diligent in taking my iron. The shedding pic is about 3-4 days worth; the last time i did mhm was monday. Attached are pics of the shedding and a lc. On the bright side, i gained an inch in the front and gained bout 1/2 inch in the back. Im officially three inches away from mbl!!

Sorry i keep talking about this shedding. No one knows that I've been losing my hair except my mom and you guys.

I think your scalp felt like it had to shed just because of overcrowding :lol: Wow, you have a lot of hair on your head :yep:

If this is something new, hopefully it is just a seasonal phase that will pass soon.

Guinan

Re-Branding
Wash day is today!!! I haven't washed my hair in about a week, but I did finger detangle. I currently have my hair in twists under a hat (the front twists are out). I was wearing a twistout but it got alil frizzy so I decided to re-twist and just left the twist in.

Today's Plan
Prepoo: Olive oil
Cleanse: ACV and clay mixture
DC: Tressume, overnight

Wng for tomorrow's style; however I will keep my nape twisted and tucked away under the wng.

faithVA

I shampooed and did a clct. I left it in for an hour. It didn't have any slip so I couldn't separate my curls. I don't really like the clct but I figured I would try it one more time before I give up on it. In the future I think I will do clct with conditioner instead of yogurt and add various ingredients to it to make it more moisturizing.

I rinsed and applied a mud with just rhassoul, water and ACV. I've found that any extra ingredients like honey or oil need to be in the step before my mud and my mud needs to be very basic.

I'm going to leave the mud in for 4 hours. I'm going to try mixing the curl magic and wetline gels. I guess I will be up late letting it dry a bit.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I shampooed and did a clct. I left it in for an hour. It didn't have any slip so I couldn't separate my curls. I don't really like the clct but I figured I would try it one more time before I give up on it. In the future I think I will do clct with conditioner instead of yogurt and add various ingredients to it to make it more moisturizing.

I rinsed and applied a mud with just rhassoul, water and ACV. I've found that any extra ingredients like honey or oil need to be in the step before my mud and my mud needs to be very basic.

I'm going to leave the mud in for 4 hours. I'm going to try mixing the curl magic and wetline gels. I guess I will be up late letting it dry a bit.

Interesting, Faith! Mixing Curly Magic and Wetline! Let us know how it fairs fares.

Aside: I really need to use my TerraVeda Carmeltini and their mud mask. And I still haven't even TRIED the quinoa deep conditioner of theirs I bought. So many of their products did my wrong that I have a psychological block with their products. I guess I can't tell if the Carmeltini and mud are even having any effect. I need to use them, though, before they go bad. I wonder how long they might last.

faithVA

Interesting, Faith! Mixing Curly Magic and Wetline! Let us know how it fairs fares.

Aside: I really need to use my TerraVeda Carmeltini and their mud mask. And I still haven't even TRIED the quinoa deep conditioner of theirs I bought. So many of their products did my wrong that I have a psychological block with their products. I guess I can't tell if the Carmeltini and mud are even having any effect. I need to use them, though, before they go bad. I wonder how long they might last.
There wetline is too thick so I was hoping the curl magic would dilute it some.

I've used up most of the Teraveda
It made my hair feel soft but that's about it
Too many emollients know the products.

If you try them and they don't work don't force it. I try to use them once a month so I can finish them off.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
There wetline is too thick so I was hoping the curl magic would dilute it some.

I've used up most of the Teraveda
It made my hair feel soft but that's about it
Too many emollients know the products.

If you try them and they don't work don't force it. I try to use them once a month so I can finish them off.

Good advice, Faith. Thanks.

Sigh. I had SUCH HIGH HOPES for that line! Oh! :look:

Oh, well. You are right: If they don't work for my hair, then they just don't! I'm going to use those three products when convenient, and try to pay close attention to how they do my hair. If no real impact, I'll put them in my "donation" bin. :smile:

faithVA

Oh, well. You are right: If they don't work for my hair, then they just don't! I'm going to use those three products when convenient, and try to pay close attention to how they do my hair. If no real impact, I'll put them in my "donation" bin. :smile:
So did I. Where have you been?

YvetteWithJoy

On break
So did I. Where have you been?

I read folks' reflections on TerraVeda here, which echoed mine, and so at that point I had packed most of the TerraVeda products away.

Then a week or two ago I took every product in the house and organized them. I just stared at the TerraVeda products and experienced remorse/sadness/regret/sighs all over again!

I thought to myself: Maybe now that I've had a great protein treatment and all of my products are performing better, maybe I should try the TerraVeda process again. But it's so time-consuming! And I think deep down I know that something is going on with these products' formulations. I just wish I could know if a FEW of them are salvageable without having to waste the time trying them again. It's so time-consuming doing the whole MHM process with these products, and I hate having my hair look "bad" because of them.

Honestly, most of their products were just TURRIBLE for my hair (in my most profound Charles Barkley accent). I probably need to just let it go. Once they leave the house, I'll probably be better about it all.

That was a HUGE investment. :cry3:

faithVA

I read folks' reflections on TerraVeda here, which echoed mine, and so at that point I had packed most of the TerraVeda products away.

Then a week or two ago I took every product in the house and organized them. I just stared at the TerraVeda products and experienced remorse/sadness/regret/sighs all over again!

I thought to myself: Maybe now that I've had a great protein treatment and all of my products are performing better, maybe I should try the TerraVeda process again. But it's so time-consuming! And I think deep down I know that something is going on with these products' formulations. I just wish I could know if a FEW of them are salvageable without having to waste the time trying them again. It's so time-consuming doing the whole MHM process with these products, and I hate having my hair look "bad" because of them.

Honestly, most of their products were just TURRIBLE for my hair (in my most profound Charles Barkley accent). I probably need to just let it go. Once they leave the house, I'll probably be better about it all.

That was a HUGE investment. :cry3:
You don't have to use them all together. I cowash with the quinoa conditioner. I use the Carmeltini after a protein treatment
And I use the mud when I don't want to us the real mud and give myself a break.

faithVA

I tried 1/4 wetline and 3/4 curl magic. It won't easier but the definition was about the same. Next wash I will try 50-50. Worse case scenario I don't see any difference between the blend and using curl magic by itself. It will at least let me use up the wetline since I can't use that alone.

So far the kccc and as I am give me the best definition.

Honey Bee

@faithVA, Webbing is usually caused by a lack of protein, but I see you used both Olaplex and the Cherry Lola treatment, so idk. Maybe you need something with hydrolyzed keratin?

Oh, and re: clay consistency. I use avj and acv in mine, but both affect ph, so I don't know if that's what you're looking for....? But the combo makes my hair happy.

(I'm still here mhm'ing, but I lurk cuz I'm on a several yr long personal ps challenge to grow out that cut I got last summer. :ohwell:)

GGsKin

Water rinsed and clay washed my hair this morning (I'm currently sitting with the clay for 40mins-1hr).

I'll rinse with grapseed oil on my length/ sunflower on my ends and finish with KCCC.

faithVA

@faithVA, Webbing is usually caused by a lack of protein, but I see you used both Olaplex and the Cherry Lola treatment, so idk. Maybe you need something with hydrolyzed keratin?

Oh, and re: clay consistency. I use avj and acv in mine, but both affect ph, so I don't know if that's what you're looking for....? But the combo makes my hair happy.

(I'm still here mhm'ing, but I lurk cuz I'm on a several yr long personal ps challenge to grow out that cut I got last summer. :ohwell:)
I don't know about webbing either. I've had it for as long as I can remember but I may have not paid attention before.

I do keratin protein every 4 to 6 weeks.

Some of it seems to do with splits higher up the strands. Nothing I can do about that. I can just clip the splits when I find them.

I may try the AVJ and ACV together. What I have noticed is that the mud with the AVJ starts to smell bad fairly quickly if I leave any leftover. Don't have that issue with the ACV.

YvetteWithJoy

On break

I just used the TerraVeda Quinoa deep conditioner and my first impression is "really, really like it!" Wow. One product out of like 12. :lol: I'll have to try it again 4 times before I believe it!

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Have hipo ladies been doing the Cherry Lola treatment? I thought hipo ladies were supposed to omit it? Do you think it might reduce my hipo hair's webbing?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

faithVA

Have hipo ladies been doing the Cherry Lola treatment? I thought hipo ladies were supposed to omit it? Do you think it might reduce my hipo hair's webbing?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!
Hipo ladies can do the Cherry Lola Carmel treatment because it is ph balanced as long as you use all of the ingredients. Dubai Dee has a recipe for hipo versus lopo.

I don't have an answer for the webbing.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Hipo ladies can do the Cherry Lola Carmel treatment because it is ph balanced as long as you use all of the ingredients. Dubai Dee has a recipe for hipo versus lopo.

I don't have an answer for the webbing.

Thanks, Faith!

I was using TerraVeda's Carmeltini, but maybe I'll try Dubai Dee's hipo version of the Cherry Lola Carmel treatment. You are so knowledgeable! Many thanks for passing your experience along. :smile:

Guinan

Re-Branding
Wash day today!!!

Prepoo: Water and Olive. I gently finger detangled
Cleanse: Sprayed ACV and then applied my clay. I'm leaving this on for an hour.
Clarify: I usually only use shampoo if I'm using protein, but I'm getting braids tomorrow and I want my hair to be really clean. I'm using KC shampoo
DC: Diluted tressume for about 30mins on heat
Leave-in: Diluted KCNT

I plan on twisting my hair and letting it air dry before tension drying. Since I'm getting braids, I will only be using either diluted ACV or diluted KC as my cleanser. I've been going back and forth if I want to use any leave-ins; if I do, I will use KCNT.

faithVA

Used up the Teraveda Organix quinoa conditioner tonight and the TerraVeda mud wash. I followed with a regular mud wash but a thin one. I gelled with a mix of wetline and curl magic.

I didn't get the definition with the mud because of the products I used but considering it turned out well. I still put my hair in flat twist to get me through the weekend.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Hi! :wave:

I am going to give the MHM another try, likely in November, with the goal of reducing tangles and SSKs.

I have a question:
I was using a line to the MHM, but this time around I'm going to use the originally recommended products. My question is, it looks like we are supposed to do an ACV rinse for every wash and go. Is that correct? (Thanks in advance.)

If so, does not the ACV rinse close the cuticles, thus rendering all steps afterwards less effective?

Thank you for your help!

*headed back to the MHM site and to read through this thread some more*

Last edited:

nycutiepie

Hey ladies. I'm no longer wearing my wig and I'm back to MHM again. I am not liking my wash n go's with my newly shortened hair length so I will be experimenting with different styling methods that will stretch my hair. I'm also incorporating Devacurl products since I bought them when I got my hair cut at their salon.

Today I washed with Devacurl No Poo, DC'd under my Pibbs with Curl Junkie Curl Rehab (MHM approved), applied clay (Rhassoul and Bentonite combo with a lil ACV and hot water to get the pancake batter consistency I like) for about 30 minutes, washed it out and added KKNT to soaking wet hair, added Camille Rose Curl Milk to still soaking wet hair in the shower. I put my hair in 6 twists and tied it down. It's still wet but I'm working from home this week so I'm going to experiment. I'm thinking of putting in foam rods when it's dry to get some type of curly stretched look.

I'm going to wash again tomorrow to see if I can get at least 5 days of MHM in this week. I'm also going to try rollersetting but I need to get a foam or some type of light styling product with hold. I see that Lottabody has a new product but I don't want anything with products that are too far off from the MHM approved products.

Lastly, I bought some PH strips and I'm going to test my products and the MHM theory based on what I'm using. The strips I have start at 4.5 so I'm going to order new ones that start at 0. I tested the Devacurl No Poo, Devacurl One conditioner and the Curl Junkie and they were all pretty neutral (4.5 - 5). I no longer want to use baking soda so I need something else to add to the Devacurl No Poo in order to open the cuticle (I think opening the cuticle is the first step). I'm going to try other products this go round but I want to maintain the theory on opening and closing the cuticle. I think I saw someone else post something about using ph strips to test so that's what inspired me.

Does anyone have any foam/setting lotion suggestions that might work with MHM?

faithVA

Hi! :wave:

I am going to give the MHM another try, likely in November, with the goal of reducing tangles and SSKs.

I have a question:
I was using a line to the MHM, but this time around I'm going to use the originally recommended products. My question is, it looks like we are supposed to do an ACV rinse for every wash and go. Is that correct? (Thanks in advance.)

If so, does not the ACV rinse close the cuticles, thus rendering all steps afterwards less effective?

Thank you for your help!

*headed back to the MHM site and to read through this thread some more*
It depends on who session version you are doing? It sounds like pinkecubes? I'm assuming not dubai Dee's?

If pinkecubes step 1 is acv rinse or conditioner baking soda mix. For you probably acv rinse.

If dubai Dee's there are only two steps mud and gel.

Before you do either check for those splits in your strands before getting started. Neither of these methods will help if this is the case. Also clarify and do the Cherry Lola carmet treatment.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
It depends on who session version you are doing? It sounds like pinkecubes? I'm assuming not dubai Dee's?

If pinkecubes step 1 is acv rinse or conditioner baking soda mix. For you probably acv rinse.

If dubai Dee's there are only two steps mud and gel.

Before you do either check for those splits in your strands before getting started. Neither of these methods will help if this is the case. Also clarify and do the Cherry Lola carmet treatment.

Thank you ever so much, @faithVA.

I think before I attempt this next MHM round, I might get my hair flat ironed so the stylist can examine my ends.

I am so glad for your knowledge base about all of this! Thank you. I can, for example, ask you this :smile::

How does the TerraVeda Carmel-tini compare to the Cherry Lola Caramel treatment, effect-on-hair-wise? Do they accomplish COMPLETELY different things?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. How is your hair faring?