MN & HEADACHES: IS THERE A CURE???

priceless

I've started using MN (neosporin AF) and I've had a slight headache but I think it may be related to other things. I'm gonna stop using it just to be sure its not from the MN. My question is for the ladies that have used MN and experienced headaches from it. Is there a way to cure the headaches? Is there a particular brand that you used that did not give you headaches? Did you mixing it with something else stop the headaches??

Thanks for your response.

Last edited:

Platinum

I mix mine with Grapeseed and Jojoba oils. I'm not sure if there's a cure for the MN related headaches, though. I know some of the others that use MN mix it with various oils. You may want to check out some of the MN threads.

Last edited:

Crystal22

Are you using MN straight? I use the Freds dollar store brand and when I used it for the first time I used it straight and it gave me a pretty bad headache. I was tempted to wash it out but I slept it off. The next time I used it I mixed it with Hollywood brand Olive Oil and I experienced no headache, and have been using it without any ill effects since. The key is to mix it with something else to dilute it. Many ladies have experienced the headache but mixing with some other kind of product, particularly oils has helped.

priceless

i have been using it straight so thats probably why. i have hollywood's tea tree oil so ill mix it with the MN and see how it works. thanks for the advice.

DaRealist

Yes, definitely dilute it in something.When I mixed my first MN mix I got a headache, then I went back and added more oil and I didn't get a headache after that.

Last edited:

KiniKakes

Yeah, i remember around the time that M.N. had initially become popular on the board, there were several ladies who had discontinued use because they complained of headaches. :( Fortunately, i never experienced that as a side effect and i did use it straight.

I hope you figure this out. Good luck!

silverdrmr

I definitely got a headache the first time I used it, even when I mixed it with oils.

I had to cut down the percentage to about 25-30% to use it without getting a headache. (% of total mixture)

But then again, I'm kind of sensitive to chemicals/foods.