MN users... why do you cut your MN???

moriahar

I've read that there are a lot of ppl that use Miconazole Nitrate but most seem to cut it with some type of oil or another growth aid.

I can understand that mixing it with other growth aids would possibly add extra-extra growth. But what good would it do to add oil to it? Wouldn't that just "water down" the effectiveness?

It's because it's very potent. If you don't you'll run the risk of getting really bad headaches :ohwell:

Some get them, some don't. I personally add oil... No headaches here :yep:

I don't get headaches when I use it straight. I do cut mines with other products to stretch out the MN and give it some smell. It works just as good.

I just applied my first MN application. I cut it with Wonder 8 Oil. I hope that I used enough of both. And I hope even more so, that I don't get a headache or bad reaction to it.

I plan to apply it every 2 or 3 days if all goes well. Hope I'll see RESULTS soon.

I got headaches in the beginning because I guess it was too strong, so I add other 'goodies' to help moisturize and lessen the potency. I should also mention I've been using at least once a day using an applicator bottle in between the braids of my last two sew ins'.

I mix it with MT and JBCO, to cut down on headaches and to extend it's life. It gets expensive quickly. I alternate between the mix and my Shikakai Hair Growth Oil, esp to help keep the roots soft.

I guess I didn't cut my mix enough cause I woke up with a bangin' headache but it did fade away within 3 hours. I'll apply more mn tomorrow but I'll dilute it some with more oil.

I mix mine with castor oil & 5 drops of peppermint oil to stimulate the scalp. I will add a little MT now that my hair is stronger......

So once u add in your oil(s) and such, what consistancy is it? Is it runny? Mine was still really thick.

So once u add in your oil(s) and such, what consistancy is it? Is it runny? Mine was still really thick.

I mix mine in a color applicator bottle. I mix 1 oz of an oil based growth aid with 4.77 oz. of MN (three tubes of the Family Dollar brand MN). It is still creamy by noticeably thinner than the original texture.

Back