Moisture Retention

daviine

I know that many of us moisturize our hair nightly. However, last night I airdried my hair after conditioning with Pantene Smooth and Sleek and using LUST as a leave-n. My hair is very moisturized and I know that it can probably go about 2-3 days (at least) without having to add any moisturizing product to it.

My question is what do you do in situations like these..do you still go ahead with your moisturizing routine? Do you simply lubricate your hair with oil? I used some serum on my hair just for the hell of putting product on my hair but not for any other logical reason.

Do you not apply anything at all or do you try to go for MORE moisture with styling/moisturizing products?

Thanks in advance.

daviine

cutebajangirl

hmmm... funny you should ask this. I got my hair done today and it turned out great. After rolelrsetting she only used Sebastian's Shaper Plus (which I now love) and some Fantasia IC serum-but a very small amount. So when I got home and un wrapped my hair, I was surprised at how moisturized it was( I thought it would be dry). So I decided not to put anything on it. I think you have to be willing to change things up depending on what your hair needs at that moment, but that is soooo much easier said than done. I have to admit that I just came back from putting more serum on. LOL. But I will not go back to my normal (since the cold front) methods of putting grease until I see what happens after my next wash.

inthepink

I tend to add the moisture whether I think I need it or not. When I let time go by, it creeps up on me that I should've moisturized my hair anyway.

caralexis2005

i find that my airdried hair needs to be re-wet and sealed with an oil. However, when my hair has been rollerset it feels smoother and moisturized and i dont rewet it.
Maybe my airdried hair needs moisture because the cuticle was not sealed and smoothed like it does when rollerset. hmmm.......i've never thought about this before....

Spagirl

I've been moisturizing as needed. My hair doesn't get moisten daily since I get good results with my leave-ins and keeping my hair in a single braid bun.

I think daily moisturizing can be a good thing though.

CaramelKiss

It all depends on your hair type and how u are wearing your hair. When I flat iron my hair, I add moisure after the 3rd day. When I was adding it daily, it made my hair limp, lifeless & greasy. Now when I wear my hair naturally curly, I have to re-wet and moisturize everyday.

lunalight7

[ QUOTE ]
caralexis2005 said:
i find that my airdried hair needs to be re-wet and sealed with an oil. However, when my hair has been rollerset it feels smoother and moisturized and i dont rewet it.
Maybe my airdried hair needs moisture because the cuticle was not sealed and smoothed like it does when rollerset. hmmm.......i've never thought about this before....

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems to be true, cara...last nite I airdried loose and my ends were poofy so I dampened them w/ distilled water and sealed with coconut oil. All was well after that

lunalight7

[ QUOTE ]
caralexis2005 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems to be true, cara...last nite I airdried loose and my ends were poofy so I dampened them w/ distilled water and sealed with coconut oil. All was well after that

Ossie

I moisturize 2x's per day because I travel a lot and I'm in different climates and on an airplane most of the time so my hair gets dry fast.