Mother Texlax, Blow Dries, Flat Irons DD's GORGEOUS hair!

SelahOco

Girl...I was like, "I didn't know Robot had a kid...and who and the hell gave her mother permission to textlax, blowdry AND flat iron her child's head."

I was furious...:) :lachen:

Then I realized the thread wasnt about you :)

LOL @ "that don't even hurt...feel just like my graduation"

Her hair is gawjus...

Last edited:

robot.

Shoot, if I had a kid and my mother could do DD's hair like that (AND mine), I'd be like, "Come on with the come on, then!" :lachen:

(But no, no kids. Poor college student + no hubby = NO WAY! :grin:)

tocktick

Wow. Her blow-dried hair was amazing and the end result after the flat-iron was really pretty. Her hair looked healthy too. The child didn't seem in any discomfort either, which is good to see.

robot.

Wow. Her blow-dried hair was amazing and the end result after the flat-iron was really pretty. Her hair looked healthy too. The child didn't seem in any discomfort either, which is good to see.

It is AMAZING to see. Some TLC can go a looooooong way, just like that child's head. I'm glad her mother seems to enjoy doing to hair and seems knowledgeable - that's the kind of info that needs to be passed on. Instead of these "you need a perm" misconceptions. :yep:

unalteredone

I love her hair. I'm so jealous! If my mom had known how to do my hair like that... i would've been like knee length by now... not that I would want knee length hair but still.

myxdchiick

It is AMAZING to see. Some TLC can go a looooooong way, just like that child's head. I'm glad her mother seems to enjoy doing to hair and seems knowledgeable - that's the kind of info that needs to be passed on. Instead of these "you need a perm" misconceptions. :yep:

Thank You! ITA!!

Wow! That is some serious shine going on! I want it!!

Last edited:

robot.

Isn't a texturizer and texlaxing basically the same thing?

She's saying that she's using a softener that doesn't disturb the texture...but that's not relly the case is it?

the first video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQV4RKJgmrY&feature=channel_page

Yeah, I began to wonder about that once I saw the first video. But I don't know much about "texture softeners."

But it obviously seems to be working for her, so I can't really say anything. I just hope it continues to work in the long run.

SelahOco

Me too! That little girl has strong hair..so she'll probably be fine. But it's a little tricky when companies start naming "perms" as "softeners." People might be a little mislead.

pookaloo83

She has nice hair! I wish her mom didn't use that small tooth attachment for the blow drying though. Maybe it's just me. I hate small teeth anything.

tocktick

Isn't a texturizer and texlaxing basically the same thing?

She's saying that she's using a softener that doesn't disturb the texture...but that's not relly the case is it?

the first video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQV4RKJgmrY&feature=channel_page

I saw the first video too. She's misinformed due to JFM's slick marketing. The word "softener" probably has quite a few people fooled. Texlax = texturizing to me. It's a weaker relaxer. I'm not criticising the mother in the video since I don't deal with her DD's hair and it's not bone straight. It also didn't seem like she was just using a chemical just for the hell of it since she seems to have done a great job taking care of her DDs hair prior to the application of the tex.

Last edited:

robot.

I saw the first video too. She's misinformed due to JME's slick marketing. The word "softener" probably has quite a few people fooled. Texlax = texturizing to me. It's a weaker relaxer. I'm not criticising the mother in the video since I don't deal with her DD's hair and it's not bone straight.

Maybe someone should leave a nice comment (a message might be better).

You know how LHCFers jump on innocent YTers sometimes. :look:

kandake

That little girl has pretty hair.

I'm trying my hardest to refrain from speaking about that bathroom. Is it just me or does she sound tad bit like Shima

tocktick

Maybe someone should leave a nice comment (a message might be better).

You know how LHCFers jump on innocent YTers sometimes.

^^ Hmm...judging by the first few comments, it seems that people have added their 2 cents on YT anyway. She has had positive comments though.

Ultimately, if she knows about the products that work for her DD, the right way to comb, her DD isn't fighting her during the process etc then she knows enough about hair care to determine whether a tex was a good thing or not. No matter what any one else says.

Last edited:

msa

IMO, putting a perm in the child's hair is the same thing as saying outright "you need a perm".

msa

Are you just saying in general or was that "softener" actually a perm?

Softener=silkener=relaxer. They all use the same chemicals, they're all the same thing.

So yes, I meant it in general and in regards to this specific situation.

tocktick

IMO, putting a perm in the child's hair is the same thing as saying outright "you need a perm".

I thought the same. By using a tex, the mother was still implying the hair is hard to manage and a looser texture is easier to deal with. I'm not saying the DD will have a complex about it or the mother hated her tex but it is what it is. It seems that her DD's hair was taken care of very well in it's natural state but maybe the length and thickness was more than her mother could handle.

♥Lamaravilla♥

That bathroom was damn nasty. They should be ashamed of themselves putting all that out there for the world to see. Trifling @$$ woman, there is no excuse for anyone's tub to have all that mildew :nono:

ETA: oh the little girl's hair is pretty, hopefully they can maintain it now that it has a relaxer in it. They still nasty as **** though...

pookaloo83

That bathroom was damn nasty. They should be ashamed of themselves putting all that out there for the world to see. Trifling @$$ woman, there is no excuse for anyone's tub to have all that mildew :nono:

ETA: oh the little girl's hair is pretty, hopefully they can maintain it now that it has a relaxer in it. They still nasty as **** though...

Why she gotta be a trifling a$$ woman though? :lachen: