Motions Oil - Anyone NOT hate it?

Tracy

I relaxed my hair for the third time (so for about 6 or 7 months now I've been using it) with Motions Oil in Mild and after washing and setting again on Sunday night I gotta say

I LOOOOOOOVEEEE the results! My hair is wavy at the roots, but it's that slight wave that allows me to wear my hair curly and I have a TON of body after a fresh relaxer - something I've never experienced in ALL of my relaxing history.

Everytime I see a post on this tho - it's bad! I know differnet products work differently on different folks and all - but could my hair indeed be this weird? My hair isn't underprocessed or frizzy AT ALL
!

It's smooth, soft and has a lot of body. I just don't know what to make of it!

Does anyone still love this relaxer? Or am I the lone ranger?

lunalight7

Tracy,
I have an unopen tub (small) of this and I would love to swap with you if ther's anything you dont want. I live in Bronx, NY. Let me know. I never tried it but Im scared to because Im 4A and the posts, as u said, were bad. I currently use Motions w/o oil in Regular. I love it and Im scared to switch when my hair is doing so well.

Tracy

Well don't switch sweets!
If what ur doin' is working I say stick with it.

We can talk over PM about what you might want to swap with me. I don't have much I want to get rid of, but we can talk about it.

Cindy70

I tried the Motions with oil and my hair came out very underprocessed. My roots looked like nothing bad been applied to them at all. I didn't like it
, but it's good that it works for you. I'm still searching for the right relaxer for myself.

tekmommie

Tracy, I gotta say I'm with ya...

I have used it about the same amount of time with excellant results.

I thought I was 4a/b, but after some comments on a couple of posts I might actually be 3c...tomorrow I am going to post several shots of my hair airdryed and dry (they are much clearer and some are very close). Maybe you can help me determine what my hair type really is??!!

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
This relaxer is gathering dust at my favorite bss. The word on the street is, "stay away--it won't straighten your hair." My hair liked this relaxer, though. I used it at home for almost a year before "the incident" with the so-called professional and the Dudley's relaxer.
I liked that the Motions didn't get my hair bone straight. For super straight hair all I needed to do was wrap it.

Lecaste

Motions Oil (regular) is all I use and it loves my hair! The woman who usually does my hair is amazed by it, because she said that I have to be the only person in the world it works for!

Lecaste

Tracy

Okay so i'm nto a complete freak then!
Maybe I should stock up on it then. we know what happens to realxers that don't straighten the hair bone straight....LOL!

To the discontinued graveyard they go...this is my greatest concern...

Thanks for responding guys. And for those of you it underprocessed...I really am sorry. I'm glad people are finding things that work for them as well as this worked for me.

Lee

Just wanted to recommend a relaxer to you. I use Smooth Touch by Luster. Web site http://www.lusterproducts.com/products/Pink/smooth_touch.htm There has been no other relaxer to make my hair feel smooth and silky. I love it. My hair didn't start to revert back until the actual 6 week mark. And it was only slightly. So if you are in the market for a new relaxer option give this some consideration.

Tracy

Lee thank you - but this one is not for me at all! It's a no lye, and if I understand you correctly - what you you mean by the hair not reverting back is that it gets quite straight - something I wouldn't be looking for at all based on my raves about Motions Oil...

Maybe someone who didn't like Motions Oil would like it...?

Thanks anyway...

Crysdon

Tracy,

I LLOOVVEEEEE Motions Oil too
. I use the mild/lye formula for my texturizer. I have no complaints and the extra body it gives is a plus with me.

cutebajangirl

Could it be that it works the same on everyone and that it is just that Tracy likes some curl so she can wear it curly and the others would just prefer to not have any curl at all.In my case I just started using Fiberguard lye mild and it probably leaves me with what Tracy has described however, for this reason I don't like it because where my hair ws relaxed before with Dudleys lye mild is totally straightand at that point it breaks off. In the beginning it was cool though because a roller set/flat iron would make it straight. But I prefer not having to deal with multiple textures. and so probably will go back to Dudley's mild

lala

I had good results with Motions especially when applied by a professional. I have a tub of the mild in my stash. It straightened my hair really well.

Lecaste

Actually, it gets my hair bone straight! Love it, love it, love it! Of course, Tracy is probably right--odds are that if I love it,they are gonna yank it from the shelves.

Lecaste

Stormy

Well...I love Motions Mild strength! I've used it once. I didn't buy the one with oil though, because the one without oil was cheaper and when I read the back, they both say they condition and have moisturizers. I think that's a marketing ploy. Since I use my regular conditioner and other moisturizers I felt I didn't need to buy the one with oil. Anyway, I used to use Motions Oil Regular strength (and the one without oil) and this mild one seems to have worked much better for me! The regular strength worked for awhile (a year or so) then the last two times I used it, just didn't work as well. The mild gives me much more smoothing time. Maybe my hair also needed a change I don't know, but I plan on using it again for my next touch up. I'm gonna try Affirm once I run out of Motions just to compare.

T

Tee

I love this! In fact, I'm considering going back to it. This is the only lye relaxer that hasn't burned me. It felt like I was getting a conditioning treatment not a relaxer.

free2bme

I like Motions Oil Mild and have been using it for quite a while. I like the way it never over processed my fine hair and I never burned.

However for my last touch up, I tried Mizani mild, and I must say, I'm in love. The relaxer didn't even tingle on my scalp after about 15 minutes and my hair came out so silky. I'll give Mizani mild one more try and make sure it wasn't a fluke

sweetie25

I like the Motions Mild oil. It also gives the pleasure of being a curly head or a straight head. My only thing is that no matter what the relaxer is I have not found one that does not give a little burn before my minutes are up. My hair is really fine, some stylists have tried kiddie relaxers and the same results but Motions is the best so far I must say, so it is a keeper. Without a relaxer I can blow dry my hair straight but my stylist told me I was damaging my hair just a bad as a chemical relaxer so I relaxed my beautiful curls. Not disappointed just wish I would have found this site about 2 years ago.

PapillionRouge

I just have a question for u ladies. Is motions w/oil the same as motions w/humectants. If so, I cant find w/oil anywhere. Does it actually say "with oil" on the tub, or does oil means the same as humectants?
TIA

melvytx

I just went out to buy some of this and also bought the Motions Oil Neutralizer and Motions Oil Protein Conditioner. Altogether I was out of $20. My question is did you all purchase the other two products?? I started to just get the regular Motions Neutralizer but I noticed several ingredients in the Oil Neutralizer that was not in the regular one. The Oil Protein Conditioner you put on before using the Neutralizer and cost ~ $8 and the Neutralizer was another $8. I hope I get great results with the money I just shelled out.

melve

KitaWita

I use the Motions Oil Silk Protein Conditioner. I like it a lot. I actually use it as my normal protein conditioner (once a week). It make my hair very soft and I don't have to follow up with a moisturizing conditioner.

I'm pretty sure you won't have any problem with the neutralizing shampoo since it's from the same product line.

HTH.

melvytx

Well ladies I just finished relaxing my hair with Mild Motions w/Oil and the results are amazing. I was hesitant to purchase the relaxer in mild since I did not think it will do anything to my thick hair but boy was I wrong. I did the usual relax and rinse routine then applied the Motions w/Oil Moisturizer Protein Conditioner for 10mins w/o heat. Once I rinsed this out, I washed my hair with the Motions Oil Moisturizer Neutralizing Shampoo twice. I am under the drying now and I can tell this is definitely a keeper!!!