My first homemade half wig! (great protective style)

SimplyLeesh

Hey guys! After hours of researching youtube, I finally took out the time to make my own half wig. I will be wearing this bad boy during the winter months while protecting my hair. I made this wig with 2 packs of 10 inch hair #4 (Harlem 125). I made a youtube video that has more detail. Here are my before and after pics!

Here is the link to my youtube video, Enjoy!
YouTube - homemade half wig

Attachments

• 242.jpg
    242.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 151
  • 251.jpg
    251.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 234
  • 253.jpg
    253.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 222
  • 247.jpg
    247.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:

Ijanei

It's real pretty...I don't get how the half wig thing works but when I found out, I'm sure I will wear one (about to watch your vid)

Imani

Nice! I'm at work, so I can't see ur video.

I have seen this other utuber's video on how to make half wigs and plan on making one this weekend using kinky curly hair from All About My Hair. I'm so excited, the hair looks very natural and matches my color perfectly-usually I can't find any hair that matches. I'm having trouble finding some of the stuff I need here in my city tho. Hobby Lobby is out of black lace and the stretchy black lace rolls. I may end up having to order online.

simone103

You did a great job and it looks very natural! I created a half wig with extensions-plus relaxed hair texture a couple of months ago and it was very easy (though tedious) to do.

SimplyLeesh

Nice! I'm at work, so I can't see ur video.

I have seen this other utuber's video on how to make half wigs and plan on making one this weekend using kinky curly hair from All About My Hair. I'm so excited, the hair looks very natural and matches my color perfectly-usually I can't find any hair that matches. I'm having trouble finding some of the stuff I need here in my city tho. Hobby Lobby is out of black lace and the stretchy black lace rolls. I may end up having to order online.

Imani, the stuff for the wig is really simple to get, all you need is some hair, a wig cap, hair glue, wig clips (optional) and a styrofaom manequin head. I'm not sure where you live, but these items can be found at the beauty supply store. FYI, I went with the yaky perm texture because it's not bone straight and has body!

This is sooo pretty! Will you be making more wigs? Any full wigs?

Unfortunatley I won't be making any full wigs because they just don't look right on me, lol. I will definitely be making more half wigs though, maybe a curly one next!

Thanks you all for the lovely comments and stay blessed!

SimplyLeesh

You did a great job and it looks very natural! I created a half wig with extensions-plus relaxed hair texture a couple of months ago and it was very easy (though tedious) to do.

yes I agree with the tedious part and it takes patience, but all in all it was easy and I love the benefit.

MrsHouston

This is NIIIIIIIIICE! You did a great job. I'm inspired to do my own now...going to check out your video. THANKS FOR SHARING!