MSM/BIOTIN rave

AZJeepgurl

Ok, usually i just sit back and comment in another's post but today I must proclaim from the highest Arizonan Mountain how AWESOME these supplements really are!

Love them, love them, love them!

Why?

Here's what I noticed:

MSM - My roots are definitely looser. So loose in fact, that I'm going to wait at least 16 weeks for my next relaxer to make sure my hair stylist can establish a clear demarcation line.

Ok, maybe that's a little exaggerative but I'm telling you all who are not completely sure, this stuff works. No beady beads! My kitchen is flourishing and I'm a happy camper, I tell you!

Puritan Pride Biotin: OK, here is where I've been noticing growth. My nails do not break as much and I'm seeing growth even with the mild shrinkage (see above where MSM is 'relaxing' my new growth).

Hellooooooo???!!! If you haven't yet tried this stuff, what are you waiting for????!!!

Fondly,
AZ

P.S. I apologize to the women who experience headaches from MSM. So, so sorry! I'm really not trying to rub it in, but maybe if you reduced your dosage......????

FYI: I take 3000 mg daily of MSM (1,500 mg in the AM- 500 mg stemming from the GNC Ultranourishair, and another 1,500 mg in the PM from both sources) and 4,000 mcg of PPB - plus another 1200 mcg from the Ultranourishair to make a whopping 5200 mcg of Biotin.

I've never experienced headaches from the MSM and additionally, never experienced the physical "bristling, follicular action" but the results are there, nonetheless.

For all of you still on the fence, RUN, do NOT walk to the nearest health food store.

I will post another pic once I get a touchup...Woohooo!

Peachtree

Hey AZ!
I'm really happy that ur supplements are giving u great results... this is very, vey encouraging, cause I'm waiting for my shipment of PP Biotin any day now. I'm working on establishing a vitamin regime... MSM will be included!!! Thus far I've purchased (but not taken), a multi-vitamin, & ultranourishair... hope I have raving results like u
!

God Bless,
Peachtree

daviine

Now why did yo have to go and post this? Yesterday I worked out my vitamin regime and I really didn't want to add another supplement although I really wanted to add the MSM.

I wasn't sure about taking it becaue I don't drink a lot of water and wasn't suer if that would encourage those breakouts that some peopel are getting. Also, I didn't know what dosage to take or what brand. People are taking so many differend dosages, formas and brands that its ahrd to get started.

What do you take? Does any one take Vitamin Shoppe--they have a 50% off sale until the end of the month you know.

To be honest though, I really wanted to take MSM for a knee problem I've been having. I;m definitley not a doctor but every time I have that pain --I think MSM!!!!

Anyways, I'll think about trying to squeeze another supplement in. Thanks for sharing.

And Congrats!11

Happy Easter!

ngaa

congrats girl!! its nice to read such good results...how much growth are these vits givin u?? i've also noticed the looser curl thing in a month
and 4 a change i'm actually able to grow my nails to a long length without them breakin off...by the way i'm takin the holland and barrete brand but they are definalty workin coz since startin them i've received an inch a month

JenJen2721

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
AZJeepgurl said:
Ok, usually i just sit back and comment in another's post but today I must proclaim from the highest Arizonan Mountain how AWESOME these supplements really are!

Love them, love them, love them!

Why?

Here's what I noticed:

MSM - My roots are definitely looser. So loose in fact, that I'm going to wait at least 16 weeks for my next relaxer to make sure my hair stylist can establish a clear demarcation line.

Ok, maybe that's a little exaggerative but I'm telling you all who are not completely sure, this stuff works. No beady beads! My kitchen is flourishing and I'm a happy camper, I tell you!

[/ QUOTE ]
AZ, I feel you on the "no more beady beads".
I am loving these supplements as well, additionally I think the EFAs I'm taking help with the softness of my new growth too!

Congrats on your new managability!
Jen

AZJeepgurl

Peachtree,

Hon, I saw your pic! Whatever you are currently doing is apparently working for you! But hey, why not up the odds, eh?

AZJeepgurl

Daviine,

I'm sorry, Girl! One more purchase won't kill ya, will it?

I found my brand of MSM from the recommendation of Monicurl under the post that Tara started on 12/7/02 called, "MSM Ratings". I will try to find the thread and paste it into this thread.

But Honey Vibe raved about it AND did the float test so I didn't have to do a thing except buy it. The brand can be purchased at Sam's Club and is called Member's Mark. Here in AZ it cost me about $12 but was totally worth it because I got 300 pills at 1000 mg. each.

I have very sensitive, acne-prone skin and never once broke out from using MSM. I was drinking like 1-2 1.5 liter bottles of water at the time because of others' complaints (which is well under the recommended daily dosage) and I believe I only took one a day, in the evening for like 2-3 weeks to get my body used to it.

Hope this helps!

AZJeepgurl

Ngaa,

Well, I really haven't physically measured since I started taking either. I'm not really sure what to use. Tape measure? School ruler? I don't feel comfortable guess-timating the length because I don't want to mislead anyone.

All I did was pass a mirror after recently taking my hair down and noticed that my hair had notabley grown since my last touch up (9 short weeks ago.) AND the fact that I NOTICED this with 2 months of new growth was a pretty cool discovery for me. Now if I can just retain the ends, I'm good to go!

The front grows slower and get this, my back right side grows faster than the left and the top grows the fastest of all. What a pain!

Thanks Allandra, JenJen and Elliott (sp?):
This is sooo exciting for me, cause normally, I think my hair is slow growing. Thanks for the cheers!

Here is the original post if anyone is interested:
<font color="yellow"> http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=Women&amp;Number=58961&amp;Forum=Women&amp;Words=msm%20ratings&amp;Match=Entire%20Phrase&amp;Searchpage=0&amp;Limit=25&amp;Old=6months&amp;Main=10432&amp;Search=true#Post58961 </font>

Integrity

i feel you on the MSM!! by week 4 my new growth looked and felt like concrete, now they are smooth, soft and nourished.

Drea84

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Pandora said:
i feel you on the MSM!! by week 4 my new growth looked and felt like concrete, now they are smooth, soft and nourished.

[/ QUOTE ]

ny2atl

AZJeepgurl... Happy to hear about your progress!!! I take 1,000 MSM and have now increased my biotin to 5,000 when I received my PP Biotin about 2 weeks ago. My new growth is sooooooooo much softer too. I used to only be able to go 6 weeks and would have to RUN to my hair salon for a touch up but the last time I really felt like I could have waited. This time I'm going to stretch it to 8 weeks to see how that works and then who knows...

QUESTIONS: How long have you been taking the PP Biotin? Was your dosage of MSM always 3,000?

AZJeepgurl

Hi, ny2atl,

Wow, I just realized I've only been taking the biotin for about 2 weeks. So let me retrace my verbal tracks. It must be the MSM loosening my curls that makes the hair growth more apparent.

It feels like I've been taking it for a month. Holy tomaters!

With the MSM, I only took 1000 mg./day for like 2-3 weeks or so. Then when I experienced NO breakouts or headaches, I upped the dose to 2,000 mg.

Only since I've been taking the GNC Ultranourishair with the added dose 3wks ago, have I increased my intake.

HTH,
AZ

soapdiva2

Hi Gldspoon,

After reading so much about supplements on this board, I began taking MSM along w/Ultra Nourish Hair about 2 weeks now. And though I have not noticed any significant change in my hair yet, I get extremely dry mouth! I guess this will help ur to get the required amounts of water
<font color="blue"> </font>

AZJeepgurl

Gldspoon,

#1 - I love your pics and just recognized you as the model/testimonial on the Crown and Glory website. Go on, girl! You are beautiful and your hair is just as lovely!

#2-If you are experiencing dry mouth, you simply need to consume more water. I live in Arizona so it is second nature here because of the dryness, but I suggest you increase your intake for the ultimate results.

Take care and keep growing,
AZ

adrienne0914

i'm glad this is working so well for you, az! i've been taking these for quite a while, but i don't take as much MSM as you do. i usually forget my midday dosage so i just eliminated it from my regime. who am i kidding? lol!

i've never seen that MSM at sam's club. of course i wasn't really looking for it, but all i see there is the name brand vitamins. i'll have to look again if i ever go back (not just a PJ for hair stuff)... le sigh!