My cellophane was so messy

J

JenniferMD

It took at least 3 weeks for my cellophane to stop leaving major stains everywhere. It was a mess! My sheets, shirts, combs, scarfs, hats, fingers and coats all had signs of cinnamon cellophane where ever my hair had been. It's been 7 months since the non-damaging color was put in and I still have small signs of color left behind on my pillow cases :(

Is this normal? I thought the cellophane was to wash out completely in about 4-8 weeks. Here I am 7 months post rinse and still can't get rid of it :laugh: I don't mind the color at all, but gosh, does the whole world have to know it's a rinse?

I'm planning on relaxing my 7 months of newgrowth this month and want to get another cellophane rinse but am leaning more towards the clear rinse because of the stains.

Anyone else with similar problems, or did my stylist use too much?

lexi08

I have had the same problem with the colored Colourshines/Cellophanes. This is why I only have my stylist apply the clear. I was rinsing color out of my sink, bonnets, and scarfs for several weeks after I had the colored rinses applied.

Tonya

JenniferMD said:
It took at least 3 weeks for my cellophane to stop leaving major stains everywhere. It was a mess! My sheets, shirts, combs, scarfs, hats, fingers and coats all had signs of cinnamon cellophane where ever my hair had been. It's been 7 months since the non-damaging color was put in and I still have small signs of color left behind on my pillow cases :(

Is this normal? I thought the cellophane was to wash out completely in about 4-8 weeks. Here I am 7 months post rinse and still can't get rid of it :laugh: I don't mind the color at all, but gosh, does the whole world have to know it's a rinse?

I'm planning on relaxing my 7 months of newgrowth this month and want to get another cellophane rinse but am leaning more towards the clear rinse because of the stains.

Anyone else with similar problems, or did my stylist use too much?

Do yuou know if she used a differnt brand?

lalah

This weekend was my second time getting one and I have not had that experience neither time.

kinikini2

I've missed LHCF!
Wow. That is the first I've heard of the color coming off with Sebastian. That's actually why I use that brand over others such as Adore and Jazzing - whom I have read about at various times on the forum. I've used the shade: Ginger in the past, and never had a problem...

LABETT

I experienced the same thing with the Sebastians colorshine in Black Orchid.
I had blue stains everywhere to but I washed my hair for 4 days before I could see white suds again with my poo and conditioner.

lovelymissyoli

No your stylist didn’t use too much, most rinses are like this! The same thing happened to me when I used Jazzings and this other rinse that comes in a silver bottle. It was disgusting…my pillowcases were stained, my tub, my shirts…everything!!! However, I’ve recently been using Adore and have yet to experience any abnormal bleeding of color! The only time I saw the color all over the place was after the first application when I rinsed it out my hair.

KAddy

I haven't had this problem with Sebastians. I did have that problem when I used to use Jazzing though. Did she rinse you very well?

J

JenniferMD

Thanks for your responses ladies, I'm under the impression that my stylist may have used too much. She didn't measure anything out, she just took a large bottle and squeezed the rinse on my hair a few times, and then rinsed. I think I'll go with the clear so I won't have the same problem. Thanks again ladies!

luvSLave

With Sebastian's you're supposed to do a light shampoo afterwards, not just rinse, so that may have been the problem. Even still, I've done it before sans the wash and I didn't get residue for any longer period of time, just moreso than if I'd washed. 7 weeks is a little strange:(. I've been using the Black Orchid for years and I'll usually only get residue coming off on everything until the 1st wash. After that it'll only stain if my hair gets wet.

Allandra

KAddy said:
I haven't had this problem with Sebastians. I did have that problem when I used to use Jazzing though. Did she rinse you very well?
I didn't have this problem with Sebastian Colourshines either (or any other rinse for that matter).