My co-workers stuck on stupid

I guess I passed my first and second LHCF milestones. A few days ago I had a coworker whisper in my ear “Is that your real hair?” I politely said “yes” and kept typing. Yesterday I had a coworker grab my hair. She had just walked into the office and next thing I know, I had hands in my hair. I was wearing my first publicly shown twistout. I just looked at her not sure what to say. I'm still not sure if I’m proud or pissed. My husband said I should have slapped her. I figure she was just shocked that my locks had grown. I am waiting for someone to run their nails down my scalp so I can pummel them. I think my co-workers believe black people hair doesn’t grow long. I think I am proving them wrong and they can’t handle it.

WhipEffectz1

Girl, this happened to me the other day at work but I had my fall on. So the lady walks over and proceeds to touch the top of my haie and ask, "is that a headband or fall you're wearing?" I give her the worst look known to man and respond, "its mine I paid for it, you feel better now. And it would've beeen nice of you to ask before you touched!!!!" She seemed startled but apologized and hurried away. I am pms-ing so she know she picked the wrong time!

It seems to me that people are stuck on stupid whether you wear your hair or not because most of the time I think they already know the answer to their question(s).

Demi27

Sorry, but that's just disrepectful. It doesn't matter if it grew on your head or if you paid for it. To touch someone else's hair is just wrong. That's my opinion anyway.
I would have told them nicely, "Please do not put your hands on me again or I will have to report you to Human Resources." She was in your personal space.
Ok..so maybe that's a little harsh, but I can't stand when people invade my personal space. :mad:

tenderheaded

I can top the "stupid" category. We had an after hours staff meeting 2 days ago. I had my hair in a single braid. The boss' wife comes in as we're breaking up, speaks and says "let's see how you're wearing your hair today". She proceeds to WRAP my braid around her fist:mad: :mad: :mad:

I still feel really violated. Couldn't she just look at it - or was she expecting my braid to come off in her hands?????

fallback

tenderheaded said:
I can top the "stupid" category. We had an after hours staff meeting 2 days ago. I had my hair in a single braid. The boss' wife comes in as we're breaking up, speaks and says "let's see how you're wearing your hair today". She proceeds to WRAP my braid around her fist:mad: :mad: :mad:

I still feel really violated. Couldn't she just look at it - or was she expecting my braid to come off in her hands?????

Oh HELL TO NAW!!!!.......I probably would have lost my job messin around with her ignorant self:mad:

gymfreak336

tenderheaded said:

Its about to be a what, girl fight!!!!!!!!!!

tenderheaded said:

Oh Dang, she got you. Yup, you got me beat.:(

SUPER SWEET

tenderheaded said:

someone would be catching a case....:mad: :mad:

blazingthru

I listen or read these post and it really just blows my mind. I guess I have a mean face or something becuase that has never ever happend to me. I wore some fantastic weaves and I was wearing weaves before it was popular to do same as the tiny braids. I had this girl that was a genise like that. But no one thought to put their hands in my hair. Well thats not all true. Right after I did the BC I would CW my hair two times a day. So that means I washed my hair and would drive to work. So my hair was still wet when I came in to work because I would put gel and leave in conditioner on it and one person did come over and say she loved my curls and she pulled her hand back all wet and slimy. She never touched my hair after that I was cracking up but embarassed at the same time. But she was a friend not someone I barely knew.

Blacktresses

Bump

Trudy said:
I listen or read these post and it really just blows my mind. I guess I have a mean face or something becuase that has never ever happend to me. I wore some fantastic weaves and I was wearing weaves before it was popular to do same as the tiny braids. I had this girl that was a genise like that. But no one thought to put their hands in my hair. Well thats not all true. Right after I did the BC I would CW my hair two times a day. So that means I washed my hair and would drive to work. So my hair was still wet when I came in to work because I would put gel and leave in conditioner on it and one person did come over and say she loved my curls and she pulled her hand back all wet and slimy. She never touched my hair after that I was cracking up but embarassed at the same time. But she was a friend not someone I barely knew.

:ohwell::perplexed:look::grin::lol::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: