My detangling nightmare is over!

neenzmj

I love being natural, but detangling my hair had become a nightmare. I’d sometimes find myself spending so much time in the shower detangling that all the hot water would run out. It took awhile for it to click that I needed to put conditioner in my hair before beginning the detangling process. Wow! What a difference it made. I detangled my hair in the shower this morning in no time flat with no tangles and no knots! I’m converted! No comb will come close to my hair again (when detangling) without a slathering of conditioner.

Thanks to all you ladies who continue sharing your great techniques and suggestions! :)

Cichelle

Yes conditioner really helps, doesn't it? I also find that detangling with a wide-tooth comb directly under the shower spray helps too.

I'm glad you found a way to make detangling easier for you. It's one of my biggest struggles, too.

neenzmj

Cichelle said:
Yes conditioner really helps, doesn't it? I also find that detangling with a wide-tooth comb directly under the shower spray helps too.

I'm glad you found a way to make detangling easier for you. It's one of my biggest struggles, too.

Yes, I agree. Using a wide-tooth comb directly under the shower spray has been a lifesaver! I finally broke down and bought a shower comb. I think I was causing major breakage prior to using the correct combs and techniques.

Cheleigh

Yeah I learned that trick from one of the hair boards when I was transitioning, and it still holds up. I fingercomb first too, which helps me. I also learned to detangle in sections (I twist my hair into 3-8 sections). It takes a little longer, but worth it.

whitneysimone

i had to learn this the hard way too... i also noticed if i comb lightly through my hair before washing to remove all the shed hair that detangling afterwards is a breeze. :)