My discovery

mahogany_horizons

YES, IT TRULY DOES FEEL GOOD TO FINALLY know what your hair likes. I feel like for all these years, i have been searching alon gin the dark trying to find what my hair needed. I always had no problem getting hair between APL and BSL, and my hair was never shorter than SL....but I would always have to for some reason trim back to SL because of DAMAGE, mainly due to split ends. But now I know what my har needs :) Hair needs protein, to some degree, (or I should say most hair) b/c it imparts strength. As long as you then give your hair the mositure it needs, it is good. And I know some people who use it every week. I only need it every two to three weeks. But it really helps especially if you are stretching.

Girll I am not trying to discuourage you from doing the right thing and limiting PJism, but I have all the silk elements line conditioners, and I LOVE THEM!!

• Moistursing conditoner (use every wash)
  • Cholestorol (every other wash)
  • Hair mayoniase (every two to three weeks)
  • Reconditionant (only use after a relaxer, and perhaps the week after)
THESE CONDITONERS ARE GREAT. They have restored the health and vitality of my hair!! they are all I use as far as conditoners go and I love them!

Try them.

You won't be sorry.

And no they aren't paying me girlie ;-)

africa

Coarse hair ladies (thick/wirey/thread like strands) don't sleep on the protein!! I deep conditioned with Joico's Intense Reconstructer and Rehydrant and my hair feels fabulous! :grin:

I know protein can make coarse hair feel dry and brittle at times but don't be like me and avoid deep conditioning with it. It seems like my hair is actually holding on to more moisture longer after this deep treatment, and feels softer. Looks like I need a hardcore protein occasionally:yep:.

AtlantaJJ

I used Sebastian's 2+1 (hydrolyzed soy protein) and then followed with Jessica's Babbasu Butter conditoner. My hair felt strong yet soft not hard at all, and I didn't have one broken hair.... My hair likes protein, it just needs a moisture chaser...

AtlantaJJ

I just learned that the Abba hair care line has Tri-Molecular Proteins, ie, hydrolyzed human hair protein, in them and I will be ordering those instead of Joico since I'm concentrating on using more organic natural products. Abba hair products are all natural and organic, thank goodness I found something natural with these proteins in them for my hair:pepper:.
I'll switch over to this brand after I use up all my Joico...

LivingDoll

I used the Apoghee 2 Min Keratin Treatment midstep after relaxing with SE Lye Mild and I loved it! I also used SE Mayo and despite the strong smell I like the way my hair turned out. I'm very pleased. My hair is definitely swangin' today! Thanks ladies. There is a noticeable difference. I definitely needed the protein.

Patricia

YES, IT TRULY DOES FEEL GOOD TO FINALLY know what your hair likes. I feel like for all these years, i have been searching alon gin the dark trying to find what my hair needed. I always had no problem getting hair between APL and BSL, and my hair was never shorter than SL....but I would always have to for some reason trim back to SL because of DAMAGE, mainly due to split ends. But now I know what my har needs :) Hair needs protein, to some degree, (or I should say most hair) b/c it imparts strength. As long as you then give your hair the mositure it needs, it is good. And I know some people who use it every week. I only need it every two to three weeks. But it really helps especially if you are stretching.

Girll I am not trying to discuourage you from doing the right thing and limiting PJism, but I have all the silk elements line conditioners, and I LOVE THEM!!

THESE CONDITONERS ARE GREAT. They have restored the health and vitality of my hair!! they are all I use as far as conditoners go and I love them!

Try them.

You won't be sorry.

ITS OFFICIAL I'M GOING TO TRY THE WHOLE LINE.:grin: I'M FEELING YOU I ALSO HAD LONG HAIR WITH NO PROBLEM WITH GROWTH. AT THIS POINT I HAVE TO DO TREATMENTS EVERYWEEK FOR MY HAIR TO REBUILD ITSELF. I BALANCE MY MOISTURE/PROTEIN CAUSE I MIX MY RECONSTRUTOR WITH MOISTURIZING CONDITIONER. I ALSO MOISTURISE WITH NTM LEAVE IN 1-2X A WEEK. BEST THING I COULD HAVE DONE TO MY HAIR.

Last edited:

LivingDoll

Try them.

You won't be sorry.

I'm becoming a Silk Elements junkie myself! It's a great line. It really is. :yep:

Patricia

I used Sebastian's 2+1 (hydrolyzed soy protein) and then followed with Jessica's Babbasu Butter conditoner. My hair felt strong yet soft not hard at all, and I didn't have one broken hair.... My hair likes protein, it just needs a moisture chaser...
THATS HOW MY HAIR FELT AFTER USING DUOTEX STRONG YET SOFT

mahogany_horizons

ITS OFFICIAL I'M GOING TO TRY THE WHOLE LINE.:grin: I'M FEELING YOU I ALSO HAD LONG HAIR WITH NO PROBLEM WITH GROWTH. AT THIS POINT I HAVE TO DO TREATMENTS EVERYWEEK FOR MY HAIR TO REBUILD ITSELF. I BALANCE MY MOISTURE/PROTEIN CAUSE I MIX MY RECONSTRUTOR WITH MOISTURIZING CONDITIONER. I ALSO MOISTURISE WITH NTM LEAVE IN 1-2X A WEEK. BEST THING I COULD HAVE DONE TO MY HAIR.

Yes, it sounds like you have a good balance between moisture and protein, which is mainly what our hair needs to thrive :) Good for you.

YES, PLEASE GO GET THOSE SILK ELEMENTS CONDITIONERS AND TELL ME HOW YOU LIKE THEM :) I loovveee them :)

mahogany_horizons

I'm becoming a Silk Elements junkie myself! It's a great line. It really is. :yep:

LOL...I love it too girlie. I have every thing...the glossing polish, the wrap lotion, the leave in moisturizer (this is all I use as a leave in) the shampoo....the gel lol...basically the works :) Me and my hair have NEVER BEEN HAPPIER :)

Muse

I have finally gotten my routine down (I think:grin:). I plan to wash twice a week, once with the MR line and once with the Kpak line with reconstructor. I figure this will balance me out with the protein/moisture. The only leave in I use now is Lacio Lacio it is the only leave in that keeps my hair CONSISTENTLY soft and moisturized and it has hydrolyzed silk as the 3rd ingredient-this is nice and light and good for moisturizing and strength. I couldn't use regular cond as a leave in anymore because it was causing build up. I am still waiting on my MR styling creme and will use that when I need a little extra help with frizzies. I am trying to keep my product usage to a minimum.

Patricia

Coarse hair ladies (thick/wirey/thread like strands) don't sleep on the protein!! I deep conditioned with Joico's Intense Reconstructer and Rehydrant and my hair feels fabulous! :grin:

I know protein can make coarse hair feel dry and brittle at times but don't be like me and avoid deep conditioning with it. It seems like my hair is actually holding on to more moisture longer after this deep treatment, and feels softer. Looks like I need a hardcore protein occasionally:yep:.

SO TRUE Thanks for sharing

Patricia

Never tried Sebsation 2+1 or jessica's. I think I'm going to go through this thread and write down all the the recommended protein products just to keep on hand. Thanks a lot for your review:grin:

morehairplease

I have finally gotten my routine down (I think:grin:). I plan to wash twice a week, once with the MR line and once with the Kpak line with reconstructor. I figure this will balance me out with the protein/moisture. The only leave in I use now is Lacio Lacio it is the only leave in that keeps my hair CONSISTENTLY soft and moisturized and it has hydrolyzed silk as the 3rd ingredient-this is nice and light and good for moisturizing and strength. I couldn't use regular cond as a leave in anymore because it was causing build up. I am still waiting on my MR styling creme and will use that when I need a little extra help with frizzies. I am trying to keep my product usage to a minimum.

For my two weekly washes, I am alternating moisture and protein so far it is working for me too. I hope it works for you b/c this hair thing gets so darn confusing/frustrating to me at times.

Patricia

I used the Apoghee 2 Min Keratin Treatment midstep after relaxing with SE Lye Mild and I loved it! I also used SE Mayo and despite the strong smell I like the way my hair turned out. I'm very pleased. My hair is definitely swangin' today! Thanks ladies. There is a noticeable difference. I definitely needed the protein.
I heard ya. Yes the ladies are so helpful here

Patricia

Oh my a lot of people luv this leave in. I just ordered the rusk leave in. hope it works for me. I ordered the big bottle

malachi74

my hair does not like gels that have wheat protein anywhere near the upper half of the ingredient list. my strands start feeling strawlike and brittle. Because of this I would never try anything harder than ORS Hair Mayo but still experienced what I was calling regular/normal beakage.

But it's a new year and I'm tire of my hair breaking all the time, so after reading this thread I decided to try my first hard protein treatment. I used the Aphogee 2-step treatment on Monday. I really like it and will be using it every 6 weeks, added into the schedule along with my moisturizing DC, the ORS Mayo, then the aphogee. I hope to see an end to breakgae and increased strength and length retention!

sunshinebeautiful

Good lawd this new regimen has been working wonders for me...

Ever since Patricia started this thread, I've upped my regular use of protein-infused products, using the Joico Kpak line. Last night I went to wash my hair - I used Porosity Control Shampoo & Corrector, then used Mizani Fulfyl. I didn't DC or anything either, just let it sit on my hair for about 5 minutes. When I tell you my hair is holding onto moisture much better, my strands feel a whole lot stronger yet super pliable - supple almost. I was too lazy to rollerset and airdried and my hair still feel great, even with all this darn new growth. I am shocked. This is the healthiest my hair has felt in my 2 years of LHCF. :blush:

Thanks for starting this thread, Patricia. Seriously. It was the lightbulb moment that I needed. :yep:

Muse

For my two weekly washes, I am alternating moisture and protein so far it is working for me too. I hope it works for you b/c this hair thing gets so darn confusing/frustrating to me at times.

I'm glad to hear this is working for you it makes me feel better, like I'm on the right track!:grin: You are right this can be very confusing but I think we are headed in the right direction.

Muse

Oh my a lot of people luv this leave in. I just ordered the rusk leave in. hope it works for me. I ordered the big bottle

Yeah it's a really great leave in but it's such a hassle to find the right formula now because the company changed the ingredients and put a bunch of garbage in the new bottles so it's been a battle to find the good formulas but I finally did:yep:

I've heard about the Rusk leave in. When you try it please post your review.

Muse

Ever since Patricia started this thread, I've upped my regular use of protein-infused products, using the Joico Kpak line. Last night I went to wash my hair - I used Porosity Control Shampoo & Corrector, then used Mizani Fulfyl. I didn't DC or anything either, just let it sit on my hair for about 5 minutes. When I tell you my hair is holding onto moisture much better, my strands feel a whole lot stronger yet super pliable - supple almost. I was too lazy to rollerset and airdried and my hair still feel great, even with all this darn new growth. I am shocked. This is the healthiest my hair has felt in my 2 years of LHCF. :blush:

Thanks for starting this thread, Patricia. Seriously. It was the lightbulb moment that I needed. :yep:

ITA. I washed my hair last night and I tried to break the shed hairs apart and they actually resisted, some hairs I couldn't break! I love this new revelation! With hair this strong I should be able to gain lots of length.

Aggie

Wow!! I came in to say the exact same thing. I'm relaxed and m hair is loving the extra protein I'm putting on it. I am now 11 weeks post my last relaxer and I tell you I have had very little to no demarcation breakage as a result of the new protein addition to my hair.

Thank you so much Patricia for this new enlightenment. I noticed that with the protein, I really don't have to use heat or let it stay on that long either. 5-10 minutes without heat is working fine for me. I love it:grin::lick:!!!

ETA: I am keeping the proteins somewhat mild to moderate. I do have the hardcore protein but I don't think I will be needing it. I'll see. It seem that by adding some kind of mild protein once a week is perfect as long as it's followed or accompanied by some moisturizing conditioning as well. After moisturizing my hair after my last wash, it was ridiculously soft, so soft that I coulnd't keep my hands out of my hair, sorry Muffin....I will be continuing this regimen for a long long time to come.

Last edited:

Patricia

my hair does not like gels that have wheat protein anywhere near the upper half of the ingredient list. my strands start feeling strawlike and brittle. Because of this I would never try anything harder than ORS Hair Mayo but still experienced what I was calling regular/normal beakage.

But it's a new year and I'm tire of my hair breaking all the time, so after reading this thread I decided to try my first hard protein treatment. I used the Aphogee 2-step treatment on Monday. I really like it and will be using it every 6 weeks, added into the schedule along with my moisturizing DC, the ORS Mayo, then the aphogee. I hope to see an end to breakgae and increased strength and length retention!
All wow. Keep us posted on how your hair feels the next time! Thats what I'm working on strength and length retention. Thats why I incorporated it too. I was Tired of my hair shedding, breaking and mushy.

Patricia

You are so welcome! The beginning of my hair journey all I heard was moisturize.......It actually made since to me cause back in the day I had a jeri curl. Whatever that jericurl chemical was it needed moisture. I was faitHful to my moisturizing routine cause I remember how healthy my hair was with the jeri curl. Fast forward today:wallbash: I didn't need all that dang on moisture. I AINT GOT NO JERI CURL. :wallbash:. anyway a lesson learned. I moisturize a couple times a week now. I am so tempted to start a challenge. I've been getting such good feedback from you ladies and I hate to lose contact. I'm so happy people has been at least tryng protein out and liking the results. I wonder how many people would join a PROTEIN IS MY FRIEND CHALLENGE. I was thinking to keep it simple. Check in every week and share what product was used and how your hair feel. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR FEEDBACK:yep::yep:

LivingDoll

Thanks ladies! I'm loving the Aphogee 2 Minute Keratin Reconstructor! My hair felt stronger and was still soft.

Patricia

Yeah it's a really great leave in but it's such a hassle to find the right formula now because the company changed the ingredients and put a bunch of garbage in the new bottles so it's been a battle to find the good formulas but I finally did:yep:

I've heard about the Rusk leave in. When you try it please post your review.
IT SHOULD BE HERE BY FRIDAY. WILL DEF KEEP YOU POSTED