My discovery

gradygirl

Thank you Patricia for starting this thread. It was very imformative. I just got a bottle of Silk Amino Acid and was not sure what to do with it but I am going to mix a few drops with AOSR conditioner and see how my hair reacts to it. Thanks again for all the information ladies.

Patricia

Thank you Patricia for starting this thread. It was very imformative. I just got a bottle of Silk Amino Acid and was not sure what to do with it but I am going to mix a few drops with AOSR conditioner and see how my hair reacts to it. Thanks again for all the information ladies.
You are so welcome gradygirl. I keep hearing about silk amino acid. Can you let us know how it works for you?

caribeandiva

Human being
I'm curious. Who here said protein is the devil? Were they serious? *shakes head and sighs* That's why you should always do your research before you believe what people say.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
After being on the boards about 2 years and obsessing with hair care. Guess what I found out?
ALL I NEEDED WAS PROTEIN!
Darn shame. plenty days of not combing cause my hair would break and come out. No detangling in shower cause of excessive hair loss.:nono: Cutting hair repeatly cause it was growing back thin. Cutting back to neck length.............. You know that song.YOU JUST DO YOU , I MA DO ME, I MA DO ME, IMA DO ME. That should have been out when I first started my journey. :wallbash: I made so many mistakes listening to people who swear protein is the enemy! My hair paid the price. I'm good now cause I have been rebuilding my hair every week with a good dose of protein reconstructor of some type in my mane and tail. The results has been strong hair that don't break and its not fragile anymore. :yep:I'm not afraid to put in a ponytail or style anymore.
Anyone else abused their hair by not using protein?
How long did it take you to figure it out?
Thanks

This has got to be one of the most Recent helpful Threads out there for anyone suffering with Hair Issues. The Entire Thread is so Enlightening especially for those suffering from weak, damaged Hair. Thank you for posting this. It has truly helped so many people.

Last edited:

Patricia

This has got to be one of the most Recent helpful Threads out there for anyone suffering with Hair Issues. The Entire Thread is so Enlightening especially for those suffering from weak, damaged Hair. Thank you for posting this. It has truly helped so many people.
You are so welcome! That so nice of you to say

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
You are so welcome! That so nice of you to say

This is a "Must Read" for anyone New to this Board, like myself, that was unnecessarily struggling with certain hair issues. This was a God-Send. And until we each make "Our Discovery" we will be floundering around aimlessly searching for answers, buying products and asking questions where many of them were adequately addressed in this thread by all the Women that Posted. I think all the "Newbies" can get something out of going back and reading this. I know it set me on the right path with my own HHJ.