My Dominican blowout

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
virtuasis said:
Oh now see, you gonna make me go! Seems like it's definitely worth the commute from Midtown

[/ QUOTE ]

Do it, do it! You will love it!

sunnydey

[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
[ QUOTE ]
sunnydey said:
Hi dontspeak!!! I also went to Lilly's Hair Plus Salon this past Saturday. I loved my visit there! The stylist that did my hair is named Nena. She is the same stylist that did Mocha1111's hair. She is REALLY good.
Just like you said, I noted that all the clients had long, beautiful, healthy full heads of hair. WOW!!!
I will definitely be going back to this salon. This visit was my 1st time at a Dominican salon and it was VERY busy but wonderful!!! I don't have any pics, sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thank you! I will trying Nena next. Except I will go on a day when it is less busy. I don't mind waiting though. I only spent about 2 hours from start to finish on Friday. How long did you have to wait? If you went when they first opened, did they have a line of ladies waiting at the door? Which side does Nena do hair on. The one closest to the cash and products or the one on the other side of the wall. I did notice one thing that, I didn't see any liscense any where in the salon. I will pay closer attention to that next time. They do such a good job though.

I am glad you had a good experience too!!

[/ QUOTE ]

DSD, I had to look at your pics again. Your hair looks absolutely fabulous!!! I can't believe you're eight-weeks post relaxer. WOW!!!
I am five-weeks post relaxer and when Nena was finished with my hair it looked as if I had had a fresh relaxer. Have you ever been to any other Dominican salons in the Atlanta area? If so, which ones? Do you know the names and locations of any other Dominican salons? I may make this a once a month treat for myself.

Nena is located on the right side as you come in the front door. Yes, her station is near the cash and products side of the floor. She is located in the back near the shampoo bowls. I arrived around 3:50p.m. and was out by 6:15p.m. Mocha1111 had told me not to get there too early b/c I would have to wait a very long time. By the way, where can I purchase the Salerm 21?

Dolce_Dawn

Suunydey-

Don't they sell it there? I've never been but I called an they said that they sell it for about 10 dollars... did you see any displayed anywhere?

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
sunnydey said:
[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
[ QUOTE ]
sunnydey said:
Hi dontspeak!!! I also went to Lilly's Hair Plus Salon this past Saturday. I loved my visit there! The stylist that did my hair is named Nena. She is the same stylist that did Mocha1111's hair. She is REALLY good.
Just like you said, I noted that all the clients had long, beautiful, healthy full heads of hair. WOW!!!
I will definitely be going back to this salon. This visit was my 1st time at a Dominican salon and it was VERY busy but wonderful!!! I don't have any pics, sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thank you! I will trying Nena next. Except I will go on a day when it is less busy. I don't mind waiting though. I only spent about 2 hours from start to finish on Friday. How long did you have to wait? If you went when they first opened, did they have a line of ladies waiting at the door? Which side does Nena do hair on. The one closest to the cash and products or the one on the other side of the wall. I did notice one thing that, I didn't see any liscense any where in the salon. I will pay closer attention to that next time. They do such a good job though.

I am glad you had a good experience too!!

[/ QUOTE ]

DSD, I had to look at your pics again. Your hair looks absolutely fabulous!!! I can't believe you're eight-weeks post relaxer. WOW!!!
I am five-weeks post relaxer and when Nena was finished with my hair it looked as if I had had a fresh relaxer. Have you ever been to any other Dominican salons in the Atlanta area? If so, which ones? Do you know the names and locations of any other Dominican salons? I may make this a once a month treat for myself.

Nena is located on the right side as you come in the front door. Yes, her station is near the cash and products side of the floor. She is located in the back near the shampoo bowls. I arrived around 3:50p.m. and was out by 6:15p.m. Mocha1111 had told me not to get there too early b/c I would have to wait a very long time. By the way, where can I purchase the Salerm 21?

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks you!

Did Nena look like she could be a sistah? It was only one dark skinned Spanish lady there. Could this be her. She was the closets to the shampoo bowl.

This is my first time ever visiting a Dominican salon. I was impressed. I will def be back I just don't know how often.

So you can go late on Saturday and not have to wait as long. I may have to try that. You can buy the Salerm products at the salon. They had plenty of them in the showcase when you first walk in. They had some other products I heard ladies raving about. I am glad to know that I can go get my Salerm leave in right in town. I feel so lucky!

Here is the info for the other salon here:
Sula's
4934 Peachtree Road
Atlanta, GA 30341
770) 458-1129

I hear there are not as many stylist there. Only about 4.

garr6982

Your hair looks fantastic! And the growth is beautiful!
Go head girl!!!

I will be going there probably a week before my baby is born (June 11th c-sec) so I can look cute at the hospital
! I've also been wearing two-strand twists and braids on and off since December.

This will mark a year since I have applied heat! I just hope I don't have any trouble about them wanting to trim. I have a texturizer and super uneven hair so I know I need a trim. I have to gain that trust first

A friend on my job goes regularly and she says they do a great job trim and her hair reflects as much! I think she goes to Lily.

However, I'll see what wonders they can do with my texturized, uneven strands. I will give you guys the details when I go and hopefully and FINALLY some pics!
!

sunnydey

Oh, okay. I did see the products but I did not have an interest to buy so I didn't bother to look at them. Dolce Dawn, do you use Salerm 21?

DSD, no Nena is not the dark-skinned lady. Nena's station is next to this lady's.

Your pics are beautiful, DSD!
I just got one of Lilly's business cards from a lady I saw at the post office with nice, silky, waist length hair. She recommended Luzi and I'm really considering going. I'm so chicken though

Do any of the stylists there speak english?

GrowthSpurt

Very very pretty and shiny and healthy looking. I know how you feel about the style not lasting. My hair just drops dead after putting in only one hour of labor. HeeHee.

ricochet

Your hair looks wonderful...you got me wanting to make a road trip to go "visit" my bf cousins in da ATL. Thanks for the info on that salon. We have been trying to go anyway. Again, your hair looks great and is really growing. Keep up the good work!

Honi

There is no board.
Go ahead gurl. Do that dominican swang! Your hair is making such beautiful progress. So very pretty and bouncy lookin. Keep up the good work!

cybra

[ QUOTE ]
Honi said:
Go ahead gurl. Do that dominican swang! Your hair is making such beautiful progress. So very pretty and bouncy lookin. Keep up the good work!

[/ QUOTE ]

I know that's right!!! You go girl! I was cracking up when I saw you do "yo swang" because I know that feels so good. You look awesome too...nice job with your hair again. You are definately one of my inspirations

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
garr6982 said:
Your hair looks fantastic! And the growth is beautiful!
Go head girl!!!

I will be going there probably a week before my baby is born (June 11th c-sec) so I can look cute at the hospital
! I've also been wearing two-strand twists and braids on and off since December.

This will mark a year since I have applied heat! I just hope I don't have any trouble about them wanting to trim. I have a texturizer and super uneven hair so I know I need a trim. I have to gain that trust first

A friend on my job goes regularly and she says they do a great job trim and her hair reflects as much! I think she goes to Lily.

However, I'll see what wonders they can do with my texturized, uneven strands. I will give you guys the details when I go and hopefully and FINALLY some pics!
!

[/ QUOTE ]
You will def. look cute after they finish. If they ask you about trimming just tell them no. Can't wait to see some pics.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
sunnydey said:
Oh, okay. I did see the products but I did not have an interest to buy so I didn't bother to look at them. Dolce Dawn, do you use Salerm 21?

DSD, no Nena is not the dark-skinned lady. Nena's station is next to this lady's.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nena must have been the one doing the lady with the waist length hair. That lady's hair came out amazing!!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
anky said:
look at all that hair! so swingy... I mean SWINGMATIC (sterry) and full of body!

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks!

[ QUOTE ]
LABETT said:
Your hair turned out Great and it is really growing.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks!

[ QUOTE ]
ATLwavylocks said:
Your pics are beautiful, DSD!
I just got one of Lilly's business cards from a lady I saw at the post office with nice, silky, waist length hair. She recommended Luzi and I'm really considering going. I'm so chicken though

Do any of the stylists there speak english?

[/ QUOTE ]
Thank you!
They speak little to no English. I am gonna buy me a translation book so I can learn the basics.

I was chicken too, but you have nothing to worry about. Go ahead and get your head did girl!

Dolce_Dawn

[ QUOTE ]
sunnydey said:

[/ QUOTE ]

No, not yet but I'm gonna just breakdown and probably get some this wknd.
I've been dying to try it! I wonder if it's better than Giovanni's b/c I like the shine that gives me... hmmm.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
Your hair is looking lovely DSD. It's growing beautifully.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thank you!

[ QUOTE ]
GrowthSpurt said:
Very very pretty and shiny and healthy looking. I know how you feel about the style not lasting. My hair just drops dead after putting in only one hour of labor. HeeHee.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks! I probably could have rolled it. I will remember that next time.

[ QUOTE ]
micarae said:
Your hair looks wonderful...you got me wanting to make a road trip to go "visit" my bf cousins in da ATL. Thanks for the info on that salon. We have been trying to go anyway. Again, your hair looks great and is really growing. Keep up the good work!

[/ QUOTE ]
Thank you! Go ahead come on down for a visit and get you hair did!

[ QUOTE ]
Honi said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you! I couldn't stop swangin' lol

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
cybra said:
[ QUOTE ]
Honi said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I know that's right!!! You go girl! I was cracking up when I saw you do "yo swang" because I know that feels so good. You look awesome too...nice job with your hair again. You are definately one of my inspirations

[/ QUOTE ]
AWWWWWW! Thanks!

ms_kenesha

DSD I would just like to say that your hair progress is a testament to what consistency and care can do for hair. I know that some people look at people and think well her hair's always been long or whatever, but seeing your progress from beginning to end is truly inspiring. I hope more people will come to boards like this to learn how to take care of their own hair (relaxed or natural) and stop hating on other people and stop thinking that their hair can't grow!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
ms_kenesha said:
DSD I would just like to say that your hair progress is a testament to what consistency and care can do for hair. I know that some people look at people and think well her hair's always been long or whatever, but seeing your progress from beginning to end is truly inspiring. I hope more people will come to boards like this to learn how to take care of their own hair (relaxed or natural) and stop hating on other people and stop thinking that their hair can't grow!

[/ QUOTE ]
Thank you and thanks for saying that. I don't think that I could have gotten this far with out the help of the ladies on this board I probably would be sporting the same short bob that I had in the beginning. I just try to stay positive and consistent. Thanks again! HHG