Prayers for Jobs, Careers and Interviews

MsDeeDee82

Ladies,

Many of us are transitioning into new job, graduating or want to make the next move. We all know without God can make any steps. I thought it would be imperative having a thread for careers only.

Today I come before asking for collective prayer for a job I really really want :perplexed. I was blessed to get two interviews for this position. The second interview was 6 people who had the questions armed and ready. I prayed before going and I felt like i did ok and then to add to the fuel I had to write a memo at the end which was fine. Now the interview was June 10/08. This pass Monday I was playing with my two month newphew and was going to read to him. I took my bible and low and behold I opened right to Jeremiah 17-5-11. Wow God is so good. He spoke directly to me. God can only provide. Now that I know God is in control I am still feel like a sitting duck waiting for the woman to offer me the job. (speaking as though it was). I leave for a cruise with my SO on July 4th. I would like o know before I leave for my cruise to be at ease and celebrate. My co-workers think I should send her an email saying I am leaving for vacation and will be unavaivable for this time period. I am still very much interested and have so much to offer this agency. I am not sure if you had made a decision ( at this point I dont know what to say:wallbash::wallbash: help me ladies and pray that God has full control. Please tell me your thoughts. Is it too soon to email her or what. I dont want to sound so pushy. yes I did send them a Thank you letters and in the interview I felt good vibes whatever that means.

Thank you Ladies, I know I can count on you...

I'll join you!

Whether you should contact the rep depends on when they said they were making their decision. There is nothing wrong with calling around the time that they are supposed to reach their decision to reaffirm your interest and let them know when you will be out of town unreachable by phone or email.

First of all thanks and praise God for such a wonderful opportunity
congratulations on every courageous brilliant step of the way...

dear sister...the cruise isn't until next month...

why not give the employer time and give your patience-waiting-challenges and gratitudes to the Lord..to Jehovah Jireh..the One who Provides :) Psalm 103

Be Blessed

I will join and pray that your faith will bring patience and that God's will will come to pass and that he will be able to use you in this new job to bring glory to his name.

This is a wonderful idea:yep:

I have an internship interview Tuesday (06/24/08) at 12pm (ET) and would love for you all to help pray that if it's God's will that I have this internship that it be done. I'll also be praying that be confident enough because I don't usually do that great in interviews:nono: I get flustered...

I have an internship interview Tuesday (06/24/08) at 12pm (ET) and would love for you all to help pray that if it's God's will that I have this internship that it be done. I'll also be praying that be confident enough because I don't usually do that great in interviews:nono: I get flustered...

I'll pray for you! :yep:

Hi there we have an interview on the same day, tomorrow 6/24/08, mine is at 9:30AM. I will gladly pray for you. I ask that others help me pray as well. I am applying to enter into a radiologic technician program. I usually don't perform well in interviews, but I pray that God will guide me through this as I am really looking forward to the next chapter in my life.

Ladies I will pray for you. If it is God's will no one can stop Him.

BTW I am still waiting to hear back from my job. (speak things as though they were) Havent heard anything back yet. I know God has control but I hate not knowing the next steps. :ohwell:

Hi there we have an interview on the same day, tomorrow 6/24/08, mine is at 9:30AM. I will gladly pray for you. I ask that others help me pray as well. I am applying to enter into a radiologic technician program. I usually don't perform well in interviews, but I pray that God will guide me through this as I am really looking forward to the next chapter in my life.
I wish you the BEST tomorrow and pray that God guides you through indeed and give you favor in the eyes of the person interviewing you. If it's for you then it's for you:yep:
I have to really prepare myself today and try not too worry:)

Thank you all for offering your prayers:yep:

God Bless Ya'll

I'll join!!!

I am currently in position within a large fortune 500 company but I am very unhappy with the work I do. I like the company but am feeling trapped in this position. Please pray with me as I am going to apply for a new position within the company doing something very different.

I know HE is in control but I cant shake this fear of what is ahead for me.

Many Blessings Ladies,

I'm trying really hard to get into medical school and it is proving to be harder than I could have imagined. My MCAT is Sep 13, 2008. I'm praying that I score well enough to be competitive and make it in. This is a great thread and I will be praying for all of you!

Last edited:
Ladies I was offered a job in a different area of the hospital in patient registration and I accepted the position but I need prayer that I will be off of disability before the postion starts on July 12. I have 1 more week of physical thearapy left.

I have an interview on 6/26 and two other who's dates/times are TBA. I need a job badly, so please pray that do well on these interviews and that I am not nervous. I will continue to keep you all lifted in prayer.

Im going to pray that everything continues to go well for you!

I applied for a job on Friday and today (Monday) I received an email to call them!!! Please pray that everything goes smoothly for me. I want this position badly!

I've been offered a position...praying that the background and credit check goes well

Hi All,

I want to thank everyone for their prayers. I had my interview today, and I feel confident about it. They are accepting 12 people into the program. I really look forward to hearing from them in July. I will continue to pray for everyone else. God Bless....

Hi All,

I want to thank everyone for their prayers. I had my interview today, and I feel confident about it. They are accepting 12 people into the program. I really look forward to hearing from them in July. I will continue to pray for everyone else. God Bless....
YAY!!! I am glad to hear that:yep:
My interview was pushed earlier so I interviewed a little bit after 10:00am this mornig. It went ok but looking back I think I could have answered some questions better.
I am not stressed about it though, and I thank God because I have made a lot of improvements since I first started interviewing a couple of years back.
Whatever He (God) has for me, it is for me:yep:
I hope I get more calls in the future

Good Luck and Blessings to everyone:)

I prayed for everyone this morning (especially those with interviews and pending applications) so thanks for posting updates.

Can't wait to start hearing some confirmations and testimonies!

Moved to its own thread.

Ladies keep me in youre prayers and I will keep you in mine.

Last edited:
Thank you for the prayers that went up. When I first posted in this thread, I had one interview....and now I have two interviews!!! Please pray for me that I get both of these jobs (one is full time, the other is part time). I will be sending up prayers for you all too :)

What great idea? I will be on prayer line daily for everyone. Thanks for letting God use you. I think this the first thread I have seen like this.

My dear LHCF friends will you please pray for me and my husband. He just started his own consulting firm. He has a wonderful plan to help companies and I am asking you all to please, please send your prayers out for us. I will also keep all of you in my prayers.

Today at church the sermon was: "What is your Worth?" Our minister said that we should never let anyone tell us that we are not worth millions and millions and millions. It is about how we see ourselves that determines our worthiness. He told the story about a man going to 100 banks for a loan for his business. He had $150.00 to his name. All 100 banks said no but number 101 said yes! That was the start of KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken). So let's not lose perspective and the determination of what we are going after. Bless you all and keep on keeping on! We can do it!
With God all things are possible!

Wow!! Thanks for sharing that. Im going to share the story with my friends who need some inspiration. Sending a prayer up for your husband!

My dear LHCF friends will you please pray for me and my husband. He just started his own consulting firm. He has a wonderful plan to help companies and I am asking you all to please, please send your prayers out for us. I will also keep all of you in my prayers.

Today at church the sermon was: "What is your Worth?" Our minister said that we should never let anyone tell us that we are not worth millions and millions and millions. It is about how we see ourselves that determines our worthiness. He told the story about a man going to 100 banks for a loan for his business. He had $150.00 to his name. All 100 banks said no but number 101 said yes! That was the start of KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken). So let's not lose perspective and the determination of what we are going after. Bless you all and keep on keeping on! We can do it!
With God all things are possible!

I am praying that you get the job you want and I am also praying that God sends me a job opportunity and soon because I am in a financial hurdle right now I feel like I cannot cope. I am physically, mentally, and somewhat mentally drained. I am fighting hard to finish off school but I have so many bills its overwhelming along with trying to get over a horrible break up. I pray for us all and I ask you ladies for your prayers for I so need a job. AMEN!!!

Heavenly Father, I pray for every sister who is searching for an opportunity to improve her career and financial standing. We thank You in advance for the increase and we thank You for unmerited favor that You have granted to us in the eyes of the selection committee, the interviewers, our future co-workers, and our future employees and clients. I ask that when we receive our blessings that we will have the mind not only to give You thanks, but to share our testimony to encourage others. Bless us in a mighty way that "they will know that it was Your hand, oh Lord, that has done this." We are encouraged and we are persuaded that we have favor and that we are blessed in all that we put our hands to. Thank you for blessing us so that we can be blessings to other people. We know that You are pleased by our prosperity, not so that we can merely pay bills, be debt free, and have possessions but because we are made prosperous in every and all things so that we can be generous and bless others and that You will receive the glory and thanksgiving. We thank You for hearing our prayers, quieting all fears and uncertainty, and for opening doors for us. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Heavenly Father, I pray for every sister who is searching for an opportunity to improve her career and financial standing. We thank You in advance for the increase and we thank You for unmerited favor that You have granted to us in the eyes of the selection committee, the interviewers, our future co-workers, and our future employees and clients. I ask that when we receive our blessings that we will have the mind not only to give You thanks, but to share our testimony to encourage others. Bless us in a mighty way that "they will know that it was Your hand, oh Lord, that has done this." We are encouraged and we are persuaded that we have favor and that we are blessed in all that we put our hands to. Thank you for blessing us so that we can be blessings to other people. We know that You are pleased by our prosperity, not so that we can merely pay bills, be debt free, and have possessions but because we are made prosperous in every and all things so that we can be generous and bless others and that You will receive the glory and thanksgiving. We thank You for hearing our prayers, quieting all fears and uncertainty, and for opening doors for us. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Sashaa08 it couldn't have been put more beautifully. You have a wonderful gift for praying. I love how you put it into words. I do believe that our Heavenly Father wants us to prosper. He wants us to be happy and to show others the way and to share and to care. Thank you sister. Much love from me to you.

Back