My hair hates Shikakai!!!!

Fine 4s

I'm sorry about your bad experience. I just used shikakai for the first time yesterday and I really liked it. The night before I oiled my hair with coconut oil. I didn't saturate it, just lightly oiled and massaged my scalp. Then yesterday morning I mixed about 2 tablespoons of Hesh Shikakai powder with a large cup of water. Then when I was in the shower I poured a cup at a time on my hair. My hair felt so soft after the first application ! I don't know how cleansing it is, but I liked how my hair felt. After rinsing, I used my conditioner. My hair was soft all day. I'm natural and it took out a lot of my curl pattern. It was easy to comb and I didn't have a lot of shedding like I usually do.

whoa...watchu talkin' 'bout willis? If this is what I should expect, count me out. I'm natural too and I need my coils. Has anyone else experienced this?

stinastina

whoa...watchu talkin' 'bout willis? If this is what I should expect, count me out. I'm natural too and I need my coils. Has anyone else experienced this?

It doesn't seem to permanent. I washed with regular shampoo today and got some curl back.

asubeauty

My hair is seeing some improvement after the second DC. One thing I did notice: I DON'T HAVE ONE FLAKE. I usually have a flaky, dry scalp, but no itchies, no flakes. I don't want to sacrifice my hair for my scalp, but I do like the fact that my scalp isn't all flaky and dry and itchy. :yep:

Candy_C

asubeauty, you used it incorrectly

please read my posts!!

mix shikakhai with amla POWDER

no OIL

just water, 1 teaspoon of shikakhai and 2 teaspoons of...amla (or bhringeraj, or hisbiscus) etc

*SIGH*

makes me sad when people use these wrong and give up!

please follow the methods given that give good results

Last edited: