My official start with no direct heat (^_^)

VirtuousBeauty

Did my first wash this weekend without the blowdryer or flatiron. I feel like I'm rescuing the ends of my hair. My hair seems thicker this way to. Seems like I'll be going this route from now on:grin:

Good luck! I'm just starting on this journey to healthy hair and i wear my hair straightened 100% of the time so i am in the same boat as you..no more direct heat! Pray for me lol. I think i'm going to explore bunning... What styles are you going to be doing?

Last edited:
Honestly not completely sure lol. I want to try ponytail rollersets and do braidouts. I've been looking at the protective styles thread since I don't just want a simple bun too often.

Quiting heat cold turkey was hands down the best thing i have ever done for my hair! It seems like it is growing so much faster because I dont have any breakage, and my hair looks shiny and healthier then ever:)

I gave myself a heat pass (blowdrying) since I stopped using heat two months ago and I noticed my hair looked healthier & my ends weren't dry feeling. I think I will use heat sparingly even though I wanted to heat train my hair b/c the results look good.

Good luck ladies. I was the same way before i started my HHJ. I flat ironed everyday, faithfully, sometimes twice if i was going somewhere. After I put the flat iron down my hair has thrived. Its def worth it, hard at first but as long as you find some cute styles you bill be good.

Back