My One Year Progress...

kupenda

Your hair looks beautiful! Those barrettes, while pretty, need to go right on back to the seller. No way they could be good for your hair if they snag. Have you tried the clips at Eternally In Amber? They’re very pretty, though much more minimal in design. I am so here for this thread. This is just the push I’ve needed

gorgeoushair

I like them all the same actually (from Hollywood Beauty). Queen Helen is good too, but HB is my favorite. Back in the day LustraSilk (discontinued) was my staple it was excellent. HB moisturizes and penetrates well. It makes my hair easy to separate when I rinse it out. Also I add a spoon of melted Shea butter to it which gives it more slip and softness.

Have u tried other deep conditioners?

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
Have u tried other deep conditioners?
As a Natural I only tried a few:

I like all the Silicon Mixes and I have some in my closet, but they are not "all that" on my natural hair. On my relaxed hair they were butter. All the Silicon Mixes smell heavenly!
upload_2018-4-6_14-39-34.jpeg

I have tried this a few months ago just to"see". It was cheap so I picked it up. It was BLAH. Nothing to write home about.

About 6 months ago I tried this (below) just to get a new experience other than cholesterol, but it disappointed me. my hair felt dry and weird.
upload_2018-4-6_14-47-46.jpeg

But if you were to ask me what conditioners that I have tried in my relaxed days the list goes on and on. I was a product junky to the core. But as a Natural, I may only dibble and dabble but I don't mess around and I don't try everything....anymore.

MizzBFly

Last edited:

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
Also to add... I really don't care about conditioner all that much as I do moisturizers and sealers. (I care, but I don't care) I put more weight/emphasis on my moisturizers and sealers because they are the ones that stick with me all day and throughout the week. I can touch my head right now and feel the moisture, the conditioner been left my head by now. I washed my hair a week ago and I probably will not wash it again for another two weeks. So its not the conditioner that's keeping my hair although it helps. Does this make scense?

Eta: what I mean is I don't relay on Condioner for moisture.

Last edited:

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
Your hair looks beautiful! Those barrettes, while pretty, need to go right on back to the seller. No way they could be good for your hair if they snag. Have you tried the clips at Eternally In Amber? They’re very pretty, though much more minimal in design. I am so here for this thread. This is just the push I’ve needed
RIGHT, LOL THEY DO NEED TO GO BACK! :lachen:
Good thing they only cost a dollar each.

I bought a pick comb from Eternally Amber that is awesome I use it when I detangle. Its pretty too.

I will check out their accessories now. Thank you:D

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
Gorgeous, thick hair! I love how simple your routine is. How long does it take for you to wash and style? Do you finger detangle or use combs/brushes?

ETA, I agree with the poster who said your pony twist updo is too cute!
Thank you, you're too kind! The pleasure is mine....

I finger detangle 80% lately because I became good at it and I pick comb though the rest of the way. I prefer a pick than a regular comb.

To wash it takes 15 minutes. DC takes an hour because I get too comfy on the couch with my heat cap on so I sit and sit. After i rinse the DC it takes me 20 minutes to put hair in twists with clips because I'm semi detangling/separating/moisturizing as I go. Takes hair an hour to get 60-70% dry in the twists. I then take the clips out and put my scarf on and go to bed.

In the morning I put more moisturized on and seal with Blue Magic (aka my boo) LOL! I do a simple style and I'm done for a week. I re-moisturize the next week. I lately have been going 4 weeks between washes.

Yes the regime is super simple "less is more" as they say.

In a nutshell: I use three products. I wash hair. I style hair. I keep hair separated. I leave it alone.

Last edited:

kupenda

I love this so much. My hair thrived when I wasn’t constantly in it.

I picked up a small spray bottle of SCurl and will look into the full size CareFreeCurl with the pop cap. Have you noticed a difference between the spray vs the pop cap version? I didn’t see a spray in your pics. Is CareFreeCurl the same as Hawaiian Silky, Oyin Juices, etc?

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
Thank you, you're too kind! The pleasure is mine....

I finger detangle 80% lately because I became good at it and I pick comb though the rest of the way. I prefer a pick than a regular comb.

To wash it takes 15 minutes. DC takes an hour because I get too comfy on the couch with my heat cap on so I sit and sit. After i rinse the DC it takes me 20 minutes to put hair in twists with clips because I'm semi detangling/separating/moisturizing as I go. Takes hair an hour to get 60-70% dry in the twists. I then take the clips out and put my scarf on and go to bed.

In the morning I put more moisturized on and seal with Blue Magic (aka my boo) LOL! I do a simple style and I'm done for a week. I re-moisturize the next week. I lately have been going 4 weeks between washes.

Yes the regime is super simple "less is more" as they say.

In a nutshell: I use three products. I wash hair. I style hair. I keep hair separated. I leave it alone.

And let me say this: "And you will be at tailbone length." Because based upon your process and your progress, it's inevitable! It's only a matter of a very short amount of time.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
I love this so much. My hair thrived when I wasn’t constantly in it.

I picked up a small spray bottle of SCurl and will look into the full size CareFreeCurl with the pop cap. Have you noticed a difference between the spray vs the pop cap version? I didn’t see a spray in your pics. Is CareFreeCurl the same as Hawaiian Silky, Oyin Juices, etc?

Hi! Thank you. The Care Free Curl spray is a lighter substance. It almost has the consistency of S Curl spray. These are fantastic activators and will have your hair juicy and moisturized for days YET my hair hair likes the heavier activator which is why i have stuck with the pop top one. The one I use is call Care Free Curl GOLD. It is way thicker (which is why it cannot be sprayed on).

You kinda have to find out which activator suits you (even tho they all moisturize). Which would be the reason why everybody had long hair in the 80s when the Jheri Curl came out. I thank God for the Jheri Curl era for introducing us to the power of extreme moisture (without the drip that is LOL)

My hair soaks it up and stays moisturized for a whole entire week. Its very soft!

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
And let me say this: "And you will be at tailbone length." Because based upon your process and your progress, it's inevitable! It's only a matter of a very short amount of time.
Yes indeed! Thanks!! I said those same words to myself when I first BC'ed. I knew without dought i could retain as long as hair is moisturized and tucked away. Thats all the hair really wants from us is to leave it alone and feed it lol.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
Here is my six year old niece benefiting from my regime for almost two years! She had only 1 1/2" of hair when I stole her away from my Sister's awful hair care. When i started her hair care i could not put a barret in it had to resort to rubber bands. I said "No No she is not going to school having short broken hair!" I had to take over because I didn't want her to be how i was at that age with very short dry hair coveting every body else's hair.

She has high density and very fine strands. Her hair stand is quite thin/tiny compared to my thick strands yet this regimen works.

Now she shakes her head and all you hear are Barretts! She says "my hair is longer now" and she smiles and laughs! All i use for her is curl activator and cholesterol. Occasionally I'll use BlueMagic. I do her every weekend and I wash it every month.

The last pic she has my heat cap on for DC,ing.

Attachments

• 20180408_173312.jpg
    20180408_173312.jpg
    536.9 KB · Views: 114
  • 20180408_165737.jpg
    20180408_165737.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 108
  • 20180408_172500.jpg
    20180408_172500.jpg
    857.9 KB · Views: 117
  • 20180408_174431.jpg
    20180408_174431.jpg
    407.9 KB · Views: 114

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
I am so blessed to have this little girl! I take pleasure in making someone else's hair grow besides my own. She knows when I break out the heat cap that it's wash day!! LOL!

I'm also thankful that my sister let me take over two years ago. I'm telling yall that this little girl was close to bald. My Sister was snatching it out!

ThursdayGirl

Here is my six year old niece benefiting from my regime for almost two years! She had only 1 1/2" of hair when I stole her away from my Sister's awful hair care. When i started her hair care i could not put a barret in it had to resort to rubber bands. I said "No No she is not going to school having short broken hair!" I had to take over because I didn't want her to be how i was at that age with very short dry hair coveting every body else's hair.

She has high density and very fine strands. Her hair stand is quite thin/tiny compared to my thick strands yet this regimen works.

Now she shakes her head and all you hear are Barretts! She says "my hair is longer now" and she smiles and laughs! All i use for her is curl activator and cholesterol. Occasionally I'll use BlueMagic. I do her every weekend and I wash it every month.

The last pic she has my heat cap on for DC,ing.

What a confidence booster for her! She’s blessed to have a capable Auntie :) .