My Oyin Review!

ScandalousBeauty

I got my sample pack today which includes the Honey Hemp Conditioner, Greg juice, Whipped Pudding and Shine and define Shinging Serum.

First off, I heard the most about the Honey Hemp conditioner, so I went ahead and tried it. It smells like a soft, delicious honey/lemon mix. I applied it, and combed through my hair easier than before. I need to try it as a leave in as well, since I hear it works for that too.

I sprayed the Greg juice, and I'm not sure what to say about it. I guess I have to use it for awhile to see results? I don't know it's exact purpose, so I didn't have any disappointments.

The whipped pudding is light and airy. It is moisturizing and didn't way my hair down in the slightest way. I tried it on my body as well, and I am not ashy at all and still look moisturized!

The shine and define is also lemony. Smells sooooooooo good. I keep sniffing it in disbelief! I don't style my natural hair, because I wear a wig everyday. I don't even know if I will be trying this b/c I still haven't used my Curly Pudding or Curly Custard, which do the same thing (to my knowledge).

So, for $15, I would definitely advise all of my natural heads to try this sample kit. I am very pleased thus far. I use my Boundless Tresses daily (growthspecifics.com), and its giving me great results. I think I am getting my hair in micros or a sew in soon, so I won't buy a full sized bottle of any of the items yet. I think that the conditioner is thin yet efficient enough to use with my micros, so if I buy anything full sized, it will be that.

Very thorough, Thanx!
I've been wondering if trying the Oyin would be worth it. After I'm done trying the kinky curly products, I think I'll get this sample pack.

I love her products. If you get micros, the greg juice would make for a good braid spray.

Also, the honey hemp is so light I ALWAYS use it as a leave-in and it works GREAT!!

The shine/define is great as an alternative to gel. It's a lot lighter than curly p and curly custard so you don't get as much definition or curl weigh down. You do get soft hold.

I use whipped pudding for twist or when I want something heavier. It mainly ends up being a body butter. My only qualm is that now they add a touch of fragrance to play up the natural cocoa buttery smell and I liked it better originally. I'm hoping she abandons that practice and reverts. :)

I've tried almost everything she makes. The only thing I wouldn't repurchase is the grand poo bar but a lot of folks LOVE it.

My fave is the honeytint in the reddishbrown. I need to be slobbed down for a living when I'm wearing that. My lips look that darn good. I put some on today while driving and despite the four kids crammed in the back (mine plus an extra) of my jalopy, my near 35 years, etc. some southern thugs were breaking their necks and blowing kisses.

My natural beauty? Perhaps...me thinks it was the honeytint. :)

p1

Back