My Sedu flatiron broke!!!!

Mizani_Mrs

I am soooo freaking mad! $120, right down the drain! My hubby purchased me a sedu flatiron, for Valentines day in 2004. :look: So the flatiron is not even 3yrs old and I rarely use it. It surely still looks brand new. It's not 'broken' but when i plug it in...sometimes it comes on but most of the time it doesn't. I'll have to keep hitting the reset button on it, like 5 or 6 times and then it'll work for another good 5mins then cut off again. I am sooo PISSED. :mad: I guess it's some sort of electrical shortage in the cord or something, but this is totally wack. i am so pissed off, i thought this iron would last me forever. Now i probably will have to suck it up and purchase me another professional iron. I wish i could return this badboy somewhere.... DAYUM!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..... Say it aint so Mizani- is it still covered under the warranty??? I am so sorry but at least you have the 2+ years of memories - don't think about the lost think about the good times!!!!

Allandra

Maybe you can contact the company and ask them if they can replace it. I would at least give it a try.

Namilani

Seeeee, that's just why I stick with cheapies! I'd be sick if something like that happened!! Until my Conair's coating comes off, it'll be aight :lol: !! I just remembered, I was crushed when my Ion dryer shorted... And my $6.99 curlers from Big Lots... So, uh, this is definitely a sign for me not to splurge!! I'm offering my apologies, cuz I know I'd be crushed!!

breezy

It was probably mad at you for not updating me on your progress. :lol: J/K, but you know you teasing me w/ no updates right? :lachen:

Mizani_Mrs

yea, i'll contact them and just see what they are willling to do. thanks for the suggestion. and thanks ladies for ya'lls sympathy...it makes me feel a little better...

Allandra said:
Maybe you can contact the company and ask them if they can replace it. I would at least give it a try.

Mizani_Mrs

Wow i'm flattered! No gurl, see i'm attempting to at least be normal, instead of being a camera happy hair freak... :lol: :lol: :lol: Every time i take pics I spazz out and get depressed because my hair aint butt-length yet. But u are right, it's about time, i'll be posting some within the week or two...

breezy said:
It was probably mad at you for not updating me on your progress. :lol: J/K, but you know you teasing me w/ no updates right? :lachen:

Mizani_Mrs

I'm so surprised and so very disappointed. I'm reading the customer reviews on folica.com. there is literally 200+ pages of customer reviews. They get alot of good reviews but on every page there is at least one customer who complains that the iron stopped working. :eek: :eek: :eek: I'm surprised to see so many customers that have defective sedu irons! After paying $120, this iron should not just stop working!!! they are selling defective irons and it is not cool....

i emailed folica.com and i also emailed lindsey from sedu.com... i'll let yall know what they say,...

JLove74

Mizani_Mrs said:
I'm so surprised and so very disappointed. I'm reading the customer reviews on folica.com. there is literally 200+ pages of customer reviews. They get alot of good reviews but on every page there is at least one customer who complains that the iron stopped working. :eek: :eek: :eek: I'm surprised to see so many customers that have defective sedu irons! After paying $120, this iron should not just stop working!!! they are selling defective irons and it is not cool....

i emailed folica.com and i also emailed lindsey from sedu.com... i'll let yall know what they say,...

errah, nothing lasts forever...

Browndilocks

Browndisha Brownie Sundae
That's too bad. I have to admit however that if my Sedu broke, I'd just have to suck it up, pawn a few hair products and just get another one.

:sekret:

godsflowerrr

Browndilocks said:
That's too bad. I have to admit however that if my Sedu broke, I'd just have to suck it up, pawn a few hair products and just get another one.

:sekret:

lol:lol: me too...that's how much i love that iron. i'm sorry that it happened though. keep us posted on their response.