My summer abroad hair regimen.. do y'all approve?

BGT

So I am spending seven weeks in Europe this summer and I'm nervous about keeping my normal hair regimen going since I only do rollersets. My hair takes all day to air dry with rollers so that's not an option. :look: I was thinking of getting a sew-in or even some micros. But I decided to flat-iron once a week with the best heat protectant I can find, and I will also co-wash and do braid-outs and twist-outs once a week as well. :yep:

I figured that buying a new flat-iron is cheaper than a weave so that's the most economical choice for me right now. What's the best flat-iron for under $100? I was thinking of buying Chi Silk Infusion as well. :)

smwrigh3

Hey I am studying abroad this summer as well... I am going to get box braids or twists.. I need KISS maintenance to the maximum!

remnant

So I am spending seven weeks in Europe this summer and I'm nervous about keeping my normal hair regimen going since I only do rollersets. My hair takes all day to air dry with rollers so that's not an option. :look: I was thinking of getting a sew-in or even some micros. But I decided to flat-iron once a week with the best heat protectant I can find, and I will also co-wash and do braid-outs and twist-outs once a week as well. :yep:

I figured that buying a new flat-iron is cheaper than a weave so that's the most economical choice for me right now. What's the best flat-iron for under $100? I was thinking of buying Chi Silk Infusion as well. :)

hi lady :wave: are you sure that your hair can take heat once a week ?
I would suggest you box braids because, you'll be able to moisturise it as needed and your hair will surely thrive with the summer.
When you'll be back home you'll be happy of the good condition of your hair and may be the growth spurt due to summer :yep:

lonelysky

Baby Chick Gate 2011
I agree with what a couple of these posters have said. I think that flatironing every week is going to really begin to take its toll.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Why don't you switch up your style each week? For example:
Week 1: Flat iron
Week 2: Braid out
Week 3: Twistout
Week 4: Pincurl

Then repeat. This way, you only flat iron once a month :)

I have FHI 207 RVI fla iron that I got from www.frizzy2silky.com for 69 bucks and free shipping. I think the price is $70 something now, but the shipping is still free :yep: www.Misikko.com has Maxiglides for around $70 too, their customer service is great and they have fast shipping

BGT

hi lady :wave: are you sure that your hair can take heat once a week ?
I would suggest you box braids because, you'll be able to moisturise it as needed and your hair will surely thrive with the summer.
When you'll be back home you'll be happy of the good condition of your hair and may be the growth spurt due to summer :yep:

How about I come to your house once a week and you can do my hair? :lachen: But seriously, what are box braids?

BGT

Why don't you switch up your style each week? For example:
Week 1: Flat iron
Week 2: Braid out
Week 3: Twistout
Week 4: Pincurl

Then repeat. This way, you only flat iron once a month :)

I have FHI 207 RVI fla iron that I got from www.frizzy2silky.com for 69 bucks and free shipping. I think the price is $70 something now, but the shipping is still free :yep: www.Misikko.com has Maxiglides for around $70 too, their customer service is great and they have fast shipping

I tried pin-curling when my hair was a bit shorter and it was a mess. I will try all these styles before I leave. :yep:

remnant

How about I come to your house once a week and you can do my hair? :lachen: But seriously, what are box braids?

Plaits with extensions :yep:

EDITED: don't make them to small (not micros) and don't braid your edges and don't make them tight

Last edited: