Regular flat ironers how often do you wash

charmtreese

Yesterday I tried the flat ironing damp hair thing and I looove the out come. I normally rollerset once a week, but now Im thinking about using this method along with a low manipulation regimen.

Those of you who use this method how often do you flat iron and how often do you wash your hair?

I'm thinking of washing my hair every 14 to 21 days and flatironing like redhotlala.

HoneyDew

I do it weekly and ti do think it is too much for my hair. I have yet to find another way to do my hair effectively though.

I do think every 2 weeks would be better. I cannot because of working out. 1 week is hard enough.

Not too often do you hear of someone going from weekly rollersetting to regular flatironing. Just be careful.

I do think every 14 - 21 days would be better than the way I do it.

chebaby

i pre poo, wash, light protein, and deep conditioning treatment once a week. and i blow dry and flat iron once a week. this is the healthiest my hair has ever been. i think the heat doesnt really bother my hair because i do protein treatments and sometimes my pre poo is protein and i use 2 types of heat protectant mostimes. so my hair is strong. i also moisturize and seal twice a day so my ends are always moisturized so that i can reatain legnth. and my hair has been growing nicely.

charmtreese

I do it weekly and ti do think it is too much for my hair. I have yet to find another way to do my hair effectively though.

I do think every 2 weeks would be better. I cannot because of working out. 1 week is hard enough.

Not too often do you hear of someone going from weekly rollersetting to regular flatironing. Just be careful.

I do think every 14 - 21 days would be better than the way I do it.

Thanks!

i pre poo, wash, light protein, and deep conditioning treatment once a week. and i blow dry and flat iron once a week. this is the healthiest my hair has ever been. i think the heat doesnt really bother my hair because i do protein treatments and sometimes my pre poo is protein and i use 2 types of heat protectant mostimes. so my hair is strong. i also moisturize and seal twice a day so my ends are always moisturized so that i can reatain legnth. and my hair has been growing nicely.

Wow, really!!! Do you flat iron dry or damp hair?

SelfStyled

Bumping for you.

I wish that I could flat iron weekly- It would be a waste of time, because after 1 workout it would be a poufy mess.

Charm maybe you could do 1 week flat iron, 1 week rollerset.

bgsix

I wash twice a week. On Sat I wash/deep condition for about 30 min under the dryer.
Mid week I wash/deep condish 10-15 min -dryer. It is the only way I can justify using my flatiron regularly and keeping my ends moisturized.

Self styled gave a good tip about alternating weeks. I think I will incorporate that into my routine.

KhandiB

Depends on my mood , Generally its every week when Im in need of a touch up, every two weeks with a fresh relaxer. I stay trimming my hair, but Im cool with that ..

Allandra

I shampoo and deep condition my hair every 7 to 14 days (just depends on how my week / weekend is going). This works well for me.

Caramela

I usually do it once a week but I find I can go up to 10 days. I do make sure to moisturize and oil my ends in the inbetween days. And I try to use a lower setting on the heat so I don't cause too much damage; also I make sure it's on the drier (and not wetter) side of damp. I haven't seen any damage thus far. I really love this method.
HTH

shtow

once a week. I used to do it 2x a week, I have been thinking of going back to 2x a week though.

JessCNU

I wash and flat iron once a week. I really want to stretch to every two weeks but my hair is too short to pull back into a bun right now.

Id like to know ur regime!!!

Christelyn

I wash and DC once a week. It is only on that day that I flat iron. No more heat sees my head until the cycle starts again.

gymfreak336

I wash my hair every 4 days. I shampoo, condition, blow dry, flat iron. Often though for the second wash, I air dry.

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
I'm confused because I always thought that flat-ironing damp hair was a no-no :perplexed. I did that for months with some Conair ceramics and heat protectant because it was so nice and bouncy and I suffered major breakage later.:nono: Now I use a Sedu and I still don't do it on damp hair because I'm afraid.

Then I heard that it's only "certain" flat-irons that you can do that with??? Something about the steam not being able to escape and frying your hair????

I know the ones I see advertised on TV say you can do it on damp hair but that's not for all kinds of flat-irons, is it? :ohwell:

*fabulosity*

I cowash daily..and straighten maybe once a week.. I use poo once a week.. but I did a damp flat iron after cowashing and it was "smack your mama" good.. so I may think about changing it to every 2 weeks.

keysha1983

I cowash daily..and straighten maybe once a week.. I use poo once a week.. but I did a damp flat iron after cowashing and it was "smack your mama" good.. so I may think about changing it to every 2 weeks.
You are so lucky to be able to air dry your hair and not look like DON KING! LOL! I can only wash once a week/DC. I have to flat iron my hair or I will look crazy and poofy. This summer when school is out I plan on cowashing daily. I can afford to look horrible then! LOL