Natural Hair Slicking Pomade

dlove

I am at wits end to find a hair pomade that will keep my daughters hair looking neat. I've tried wax sticks aka tango sticks, natures blessing, afroveda whipped jelly, shea amla whipped shea butter, my honey child cream, etc.. Y'all I am tired. I dont like products with mineral oil or proprolyne gycol in it which is 99.9% of the stuff in the Black BS stores. Please help me find something natural. I will mix stuff as needed. DD's hair is 4b and thick. Looks like it is 6 days old after I do her hair. :sad: Thanks in advance.

iri9109

evrybody raves about oyin burntsugar pomade
www.oyinhandmade.com

i havent tried it but i want to...but ecostyler and sheabutter works for me...ecostylers not natural though...oyin burnt sugar pomade is 100% natural

chebaby

i love oyin hand mades burnt sugar pomade. it smells good and it holds the hair while keeping it soft. and it makes the hair very very shiny.

dlove

Ladies I truly appreciate your input. Dont roll your eyes at me...:rolleyes:

I am a little concerned about the wax in the Oyin burnt sugar product - soy wax. I wonder if it washes out easily, wont build up and cause moisture blockage. If you have used it for a prolonged period of time consistently, chime in on your experiences.

I watched Kimmaytube on youtube talk about the after effects of using ecostyler. So I have managed to continue to research it.

Like I said, DD has 4b thick "cottony" shrinked hair.

Thanks for input. Keep the suggestions coming.

shenitab

Are you making sure that you are detangling her hair really well before you do it? I find that the more time I spend preparing my two girls hair, the longer it will last. I have one with hair similar to your little ones and another one with a little looser hair type. Also, have you experimented with doing her hair wet and doing it dry. I find that some styles will hold better when done wet and vice versa.

iri9109

i dont think you should be worried about the wax...jojoba oil is a wax too...i dont think it will build up, and it should wash out with whatever shampoo you use, and maybe even a co-wash

ctosha

I use the oyin burnt sugar pomade it washes out easily I have 4ab thick hair as well so I feel your pain. You could also try ecostyler mixed with some JBCO so it doesn't dry hard. I have recently purchased Komaza coconut pudding I love it to slick my hair back. Also I have incorporated hempseed oil which is a ceramide to my deep conditioners and use them every week, this has also helped my hair lay down. Before I started using a ceramide in my regime no matter what I used I could not slick my hair into a nice ponytail without any fly aways. I don't even need bobby pins now to tame the flyaways. Sorry for writing a novel for a response.

NIN4eva

Kinky Curly Curling Custard. It's a little pricey but I've had my tub for a little over a year and I use it almost every day. My hair is stronger and more moisturized from using it.

dlove

Are you making sure that you are detangling her hair really well before you do it? I find that the more time I spend preparing my two girls hair, the longer it will last. I have one with hair similar to your little ones and another one with a little looser hair type. Also, have you experimented with doing her hair wet and doing it dry. I find that some styles will hold better when done wet and vice versa.

Yes, I tangle in sections after washing and conditioning her hair in plaits. I use a Jilbere shower comb. I used to use a denman that I took rows out of for detangling only- just too much hair in the brush for me. When I comb her hair dry, I get way too much breakage it hurts little mama. I style it immediately after washing and conditioning and spray my water/peppermint oil mixture before sealing with my kimmaytube leave in concoction.