Naturals (4ab), what is your secret weapon to keep your straight hair from reverting?

Lucky's Mom

Re: Naturals (4ab), what is your secret weapon to keep your straight hair from revert

Steaming is the secret... Really...

ActionActress

Re: Naturals (4ab), what is your secret weapon to keep your straight hair from revert

Instead of air drying in braids I find it works better to band. The hair conmes out straighter and it won't take as many passes with the flat iron to get the hair straight. For after care I used serums but I'm not sure if those moisturize so once my hair grows back I plan to use coconut oil on my flat ironed hair.

Miss AJ,

This works very well with me also. I like to put a good amount of a creamy no-cone leave-in conditioner, a small amount of coconut oil, let my hair airdry in bands in five major sections. When dry, I flat iron each section (of course parting them in smaller sections still for a good pass)

The hair is straighter when banding and well detangled and moist.

Mandy4610

Subscribing to this thread.

Currently, I am using CHI silk infusion to blowdry or rollerset and then Sabino moisture block to flat iron and coconut oil after flatironing.
Works ok, but I may need to try using a little more Sabino next time.
Once my CHI is finished, I want to try IC for blowdrying.

Using too much product weighs the hair down and also causes the burnt hair smell, so less is more.

Wraping or pincurling at night also helps. Taking baths instead of showers helps too.

For me it seems that flatironing makes more sense in the winter time, but I guess since my hair is getting longer, I will have to try in the Summer and see what happens.....summer of course is many many moons away!

Last edited:

Kurlee

I am a natural with very curly hair and this is the ONLY product that will allow me to go out in the dampness and not revert! (SABINO MOISTURE BLOCK) ok ok sorry for shouting but I get soo excited about this stuff! I would not even bother rollersetting my hair if it wasn't for this stuff! When I used to rollerset w/out using it, I would have to walk out in the morning with a hat on my head so my hair would not touch the moisture in the air. Now I can just rock my rollerset without looking crazy with a hat on my head all the time!

i tried sabino, and while it gave me hella shine and protected from reversion, i wasn't in love. I felt like i had to keep reapplying every few days and it would feel dryish sometimes and had the burnish smells. Also, I found that my hair shed more than normal with it. The next blowiout I tried the sally's Argan oil and THAT IS SCREAMING from the rooftops good!