Naturals - do you use Carol's Daughter's products?

KinksnCurlz

If so, what products do you use?
What do you like about said products?
How does it leave your hair (ie. moisturized, soft, shiny, etc.)?
Is it very moisturizing and worth the money?
Does the feeling last (say if you didn't use the product for 3-5 days or is it only b/c of the product that your hair feels said way?

(if these questions r too jumbled -LOL- feel free to answer any way you wish.)

TIA

IrisDaVirus

I have a jar of Healthy Hair Butter. I like to use it after a good shampooing and conditioning. It's good stuff as long as you don't use too much. A little goes a long way and it can get very oily if you're heavy-handed with how you use it. Some of Marguerite's Magic works good too but the smell isn't as overpowering as the HHB.

Last edited:

Belle Du Jour

I tried the Mimosa Hair Honey and the healthy hair Butter, but neither of them was anything special for me. I think the main ingredients in the HHB (i.e. oils, and shea butter) are ones that you can find in a local store for less $$.

CocoaButterflyy

I don't love the products but they are okay... my stylist uses healthy hair butter and mimosa to do my two strand twists... I used to use her oils (tui, khoret amen, and lisa's elixer) on a regular basis

mkstar826

supersonic
If so, what products do you use? - None now, but I've used the HHB, MHH, Hair Balm, Kizzi, Hair Milk, RMshampoo, and LDrinse

What do you like about said products? I didn't like: HHB, Kizzi, or Hair Balm (all of them really didn't do anything for my hair but make it oily) I did like the MHH, Hair Milk, RDS, and LDR - I like that they left my hair feeling in good condition but the MHH and HM are a bit on the greasy side too.

How does it leave your hair (ie. moisturized, soft, shiny, etc.)? I'd say moisturized, shiny and soft at times but greasy comes a long with that.

Is it very moisturizing and worth the money? No and no. I think you can find cheaper products that will give you the same if not better results. She uses a lot of corn oil in her stuff and it's not a very nourishing oil...it's just greasy and that's why her stuff tends to be overly oily.

Does the feeling last (say if you didn't use the product for 3-5 days or is it only b/c of the product that your hair feels said way? I don't really remember it lasting with anything but the Mimosa Hair Honey

(a better alternative, in my opinion, is Asha's Naturals. Better ingredients at a better price. The Mane Attraction is comparable to the HHB and the Sun Kissed is comparable to the MHH. I like her stuff better and no greasy feel!)

bellydancer

I brought a sample pack which includes, Mimosa hair honey, Hair milk, Healthy hair butter, rosemary mint shampoo, some hair rinse, and this pomade. The hair honey is nice... smells good... the hair milk was great to me. The hair butter was greasy and didn't moisturize at all. The mint shampoo felt GREAT on my scalp, but was drying. The hair rinse was ok, and the pomade is greasy, but i use it to weight down my baby hairs. It works ok. I wasn't impressed at ALL. I think that better and CHEAPER products can be found at your regular drugstore or beauty supply.

sunnygirl

Sunnygirl
I have tried the HHB, Hair Balm and Hair Milk.

I did not care much for the HHB nor the Hair Balm (Balm wayyyy to greasy).

I did like the Hair Milk but would like to find a cheaper alternative.

inthepink

I use the hair butter, hair milk, and mimosa hair honey daily. I have tried finding replacements for them but haven't been able to. With a light hand, the products are moisturizing and non-greasy. I have tried the Some of Marguerite's Magic but I cannot stand the smell.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I never liked the Hair Milk. I used to like the the Hair Balm, the HHB and SOMM, but they stopped working for me. :( No matter how little I used, my hair felt greasy. I bought another jar of SOMM and it was a lot stiffer than the first jar I purchased. I probably won't buy any more.

NGC

I didn't like HHB (hated the smell) and definitely hated the hair balm (beyond stinky to me). I couldn't find a use for Kizzi'e pomade. I liked SOMM and the hair milk. But my favorite product that I will definitely continue to buy is Coconut Mango Pineapple Skin Smoothie. I apply it to my hair as an overnight conditioner. :)

Pookie25

I have tried a lot of carol daughter's stuff. More so the skin products, lotion, and perfume from her catalogue. I had bought the sample pack that has the shampoo,hair rinse,hair milk, HHb, and mimosa honey and kizzi pomade. I liked everything but I felt the kizzi pomade stunk to high heaven. I don't quite like the HHB smell either but I love using it on my two year old son's hair. I do feel her products is over priced when they could so easily be duplicated.

AllAboutTheHair

IrisDaVirus said:
I have a jar of Healthy Hair Butter. I like to use it after a good shampooing and conditioning. It's good stuff as long as you don't use too much. A little goes a long way and it can get very oily if you're heavy-handed with how you use it. Some of Marguerite's Magic works good too but the smell isn't as overpowering as the HHB.

cosigning....

thickness

The HHB does well for my twists, but you must use a light hand or you will end up with greasy hair. Regular shea butter does just as well. I really like the MHH. It has a nice smell and gives great shine. The Tui Oil smells divine, if you like fruity, tropical smells. I would definitely buy the MHH and Tui oil again. I would pass on the HHB, the smell is too strong for my tastes. I would just go with shea butter.

bklyncurly

I like Healthy Hair Butter alot!! I actually like the smell. I also like Hair Milk, but it smells like a relaxer! Really pungent. However, the results are so good, I just stomach the smell. I wish they would do something about the smell, because the products are really good. They work really well when you're airdrying your hair because it keeps the hair (at least my hair) from drying out and getting crunchy. I would definitely recommed Carol's Daughter's products. In fact, I need to order some more Healthy Hair Butter. I'm almost out. :eek: ;)

KinksnCurlz

I'm so "in the middle" when it comes to CD. I hear some good and some bad... and i sure as heck don't want to waste my money. what's a girl to do... :(

buffalosoldier

CaramelHonee said:
I'm so "in the middle" when it comes to CD. I hear some good and some bad... and i sure as heck don't want to waste my money. what's a girl to do... :(

LOL You should've flown to the La meeting cos simcha brought the hair milk. i put it on my texturised hair when it was wet and I REALLY liked the results. HOWEVER, my hair initially smelt wonderful then it started smelling like it was off. Even my so commented. But I covered it up with another moisturiser.

Its a good product but I dont know if I would buy it.

lisatamika

buffalosoldier said:
LOL You should've flown to the La meeting cos simcha brought the hair milk. i put it on my texturised hair when it was wet and I REALLY liked the results. HOWEVER, my hair initially smelt wonderful then it started smelling like it was off. Even my so commented. But I covered it up with another moisturiser.

Its a good product but I dont know if I would buy it.

I'm coming over to pick up the rest of your hair milk :lol: