naturals: does your HAIR GROW OUT OUR DOWN?

does your hair grow out or down or both

• my hair grows "down", my curls/kinks hang

Votes: 40 15.3%
  • my hair grows "out" like an afro, and does not really hang w/o me handling it some

Votes: 97 37.2%
  • mine is a combo of both out and down

Votes: 117 44.8%
  • other - please explain

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fhrizzball

Fully wet it's down. When allowed to airdry naturally with no products it's out and a mess. I keep my hair stretched and loaded on products so it can hang down though.

oldcrayons

My hair grows close to my scalp. I only have 4" of NW, but it follows the shape of my head if you understand what I mean. It's like when you brush your hair into a pony tail, instead that is how my hair grows.

LaFaraona

My hair grow out - It defies gravity. After more than 2 years of being natural I am starting to doubt if it will ever grow down.

ycj1

Mine grows out and down! Weird but it does! Btw, are those Christian Louboutins? They are stunning!:grin:

bablou00

As of now my hair is growing out everywhere but the back of my head. I dont think it will ever hang down w/o some water or manipulation.

Truth

out and down... i kinda want more out tho.. I like the biggness of it all i say..lol

my-my

My hair grows out. Now that its gotten longer I don't know if it's started to hang down because I don't let it dry loose.

Lola Laughs

Grows down from the area near the tops of my ears to the nape, plus bangs and area around my face. Grows out everywhere else.

lovenharmony

ET / OT Bonafide Member
My transitioning hair is growing out! I need to change my siggy pic to show the fluffiness. I gave myself a trim (cutt off like 2 inches of scraggly relaxed hair) and it pumped up the volume even more :grin: I love big hair...makes my hair look so thick!

doll-baby

My hair is a type 4, I'm pretty sure it will grow out, out , and out until I have to walk sideways through the door :blush:

Nonie

^^ :giggle:

OUT but shrinkage makes it look like it doesn't grow out or down or go anywhere at all. LOL

Harina

Out like a mother. My hair is so ridiculously light that I know it will never hang down. Oh well.

Hysi

the top part grows out and the bottom seems to be going down. but ti looks way fat because it is so thick. hopefully after more growth, it will lay better.