Naturals.....have you ever gotten a blow-out without heat damage??

Reece1337

I'm considering going to a Dominican salon to get a blow out, but based on the stories I've read/heard, I'm afraid they might be a lil heat-happy. My friend, who has the most gorgeous, versatile natural hair (I wish she would join the forum, I've already been milking her for info.:lol:) occasionally gets her hair blown out and flat ironed and when she washes it herself, it goes right back to coily/kinky/wavy. However, she goes to the City to get hers done and I'm not traveling 2-3 hours away. I know people who go to the Dominican salon here, but they're all relaxed and that's all they know - they don't seem to understand that heat damage can cause my hair not to revert back to its natural state (I've been there before and it's frustrating). Answers here will dictate whether I should even attempt to go straight - I'm not sure if it's worth it.........

caligirl

My hair went back to its natural texture, but I noticed a piece of breakage in the crown. It could have been because I'm transitioning and it broke at the line of demarcation. In any case, I'll be sticking with my maxiglide/fhi from now on.

MiWay

caligirl said:
My hair went back to its natural texture, but I noticed a piece of breakage in the crown. It could have been because I'm transitioning and it broke at the line of demarcation. In any case, I'll be sticking with my maxiglide/fhi from now on.

Same here, but I will be going to the salon less frequently to see if that helps.