Naturals - how many years did you relax your hair?

How many years did you relax your hair before doing the BC?

• 1-5 years

Votes: 31 11.7%
  • 5-10 years

Votes: 48 18.1%
  • 10-15 years

Votes: 72 27.2%
  • 15+ years... too darn long to count!

Votes: 102 38.5%
  • I'm still relaxed but wanted to join your poll anyway LOL

Votes: 12 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
well i just asked my mom what age i got the first relaxer, and she said round 3 or 4, so 14-15 years i got relaxers. ♥

I was 13 years old(1990) when I first got a relaxer,actually I self relaxed with PCJ. It turned out fine no breaking,no shedding.Of course I did it while my mother was at work.My momma didn't believe in putting chemicals in my hair while I was young. (She was relaxed then and still is)

my last relaxer was in late 2007

From 12 to 22 so exactly 10 years bc and then relaxed my hair again for an extra year

I didn't get my first relaxer until I went away to college, I had it for 2yrs didn't know what the heck I was doing, and went back to natural.

WELL first I want to say...

I was relaxed for about 15 or more yrs, I don't remember the first day I got mine. But I stopped relaxing maybe Dec 2007, but was still doing awful things to my hair. Did my BC July 2008 and cut off the relaxer and heat and color damaged hair.

I was natural for about 1 yr 5 months, then just recently relaxed (feb 17) and now I'm transitioning BACK to natural. I realized that BIG hair is ME. And it feels SO GOOD to feel my new growth while washing my hair. I am happy that I decided to relax 1 more time, because it really opened my eyes to so much about me and who I am (different story for a different day lol)

I remember exactly -- 12/22/92 - 10/11/2009, so just under 17 years. Can't believe it was that long!

I don't have an exact number, but I picked the 5-10 years option. I got my first relaxer at age 7, but I didn't keep it up and it broke off so bad I went back natural. From 13-18, I had a standing salon appointment. I flipped and flopped between being relaxed and stretch-sitioning for about 18 months. I stopped relaxing in 2006 at 20 and did my BC 3 years ago when I was 21.

I checked 10 years, but I wanted to point out that I'm including the time period where my mom relaxed my hair as a child.

I had one when I was 18. I had stopped combing it and was stressed out, so I went to a salon, they picked out my giant 'dread' and relaxed it. My mom and I figured it would be easier to take care of for a while. I never got another one.

I asked my mom and she said after my hair started to become "too much to handle" in the 1st grade, she just HAD to put in a relaxer at age 7. I'm sure 26 now and started my transition. Almost 20 years is a LONG time!

can I just get away with saying 'too long'???
Im not certain but I believe I was relaxed around 11yrs old (??)

Back