How Many Years Relaxed Before Going Natural?

PaperClip

Curious to know how many years one wore their hair relaxed before going natural? This question also open to those who went natural and then began to relax again.

Irresistible

Relaxed from my teenage years sometime till the age of 27/28

so anywhere from 10 to 15 years , I'm guessing. I know for sure I was relaxing regularly by the age of 17.

Syrah

14 years.

Relaxed from 8 - 22.
Stop relaxing at 22.
Did the big chop at 23.

Been fully natural since 23.

I'm glad to be natural - I find I'm not worried about my hair as much - my hair is much thicker, healthier, moist and shinier. BUT this natural hair definitely tries my patience. I'm a 3C/4A so I have curls and thickness and finding things to do with it that don't involve heat has been difficult.

BUt like most things - it's a learning practice.

It's just these heifers (hehe) running around talking about Phytospecific have got me thinking maybe I can texturizer. And WHY have I been on Miss Jessie's website checking out the "Silkener" treatment?!?!

:)

Tene

I had a wave noveau at 8 or 9 I think. After that I got a relaxer at 13 and I'm now natural at 25.

bettytoo

A year and a bit. I had a relaxer when i was 14 to 14 and a half .when natural then had one at 23 the that lasted 10 months. then grew out the relaxer then when natural