Naturals: I Need Help With My Morning Twists!

Peachtree

Simple question ladies, how do u keep your twists from "bending"?

I've been wearing 2 strand twists for about 5 days & I can't seem to keep them nice & straight in the AM when I take off my satin hair wrap. I know that it's because the twists "bend" while my hair is wrapped for bed... not to mention that my heavy head is laying on them as I sleep, causing them to bend even more /images/graemlins/laugh.gif ...

Maybe it's because I don't have enough hair to "weigh" the twists down??? /images/graemlins/confused.gif They look fine throughout the day, but 1st thing in the AM, they are bent all over the place!

...what am I doing wrong???

Peachtree

Thanks AFS /images/graemlins/cool.gif. I was thinking that there was something
else that I needed to do (or not do)... I just didn't know what!

Kha

The same thing happens to me, but I just let the steam from the shower loosen them up a little. That's basically the same thing as misting them with water though /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I don't sacrifice my comfort while sleeping for nothing /images/graemlins/rofl.gif, so my hair is always fuzzy, flat and bent in the morning.

miss_brown

Ditto to what AFS and Kha said about misting. Also, maybe you should try sleeping in a satin cap (instead of a wrap) so that your twist will all lay down. At least for me, when I wrap my hair when it's in a natural style, the part in the back/nape will stick up because of the tie. When I wear a satin cap, though, I don't have this problem /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Hey Peachtree, have you ever tried pinning your twists up around your head? That may help as well! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Pookie25

Sometimes, if time permits, I redo all the twist that is too warped and bended. I comb it out, wet it, and twist it with clear gel or aloe vera. Then I get my blow dryer and dry my hair on cool until the gel stiffens.

babyblue

[ QUOTE ]
Kha said:
The same thing happens to me, but I just let the steam from the shower loosen them up a little. That's basically the same thing as misting them with water though /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I don't sacrifice my comfort while sleeping for nothing /images/graemlins/rofl.gif, so my hair is always fuzzy, flat and bent in the morning.

[/ QUOTE ]

what she said! /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

Peachtree

Wow, thanks ladies /images/graemlins/cool.gif

KHA...I hear ya'! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif
MISS BROWN... A satin "cap" does sound better. I have 1 too. I'm gonna break that bad boy out tonight!!!
POOHBEAR...No, I have not tried "pinning" the twists. That's a good idea. I'll give it a try /images/graemlins/cool.gif
POOKIE...Thanks for the suggestion. I ended up "re-doing" a couple of twists.

This morning, I misted & re-did a couple of twists. They turned out nice. So all of ur suggestions were right on point! /images/graemlins/up.gif

I'm updating my album now...I didn't take any pics of the "bent" twists...they looked too hideous /images/graemlins/laugh.gif... but I did take pics of my "all day worn" twists & twist out. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Peachtree

Thanks Pookeylou! Another issue that I forgot to mention is that it's snowy & 10 degrees here in Cleveland....FARRR to cold to rinse in the AM /images/graemlins/laugh.gif!